September 20, 2014 | 1706 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Moisturizing Body Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by LizEM1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff smells good and doesn't dry out my skin. The price is right too, and there are usually coupons for it. It leathers well and rinsed clean. The packaging is not elegant, but the product is great; I don't care about the bottle. I also like that it doesn't compete with my perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by laizagrace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, I like being pampered in the shower. I like being lathered up too! That is why I love Ivory for years. It has lavender , tea and lily scents but my fave is the classic smell-- popular brand and scent from the 70's or 80's. I still like the old packaging but they've repackage it so it looks modern. Quality is still superb.

The scenttakes me back to my childhood days where every day was a joy. Mild and easy. Not perfume kind. Reminds me of summer mornings when I could just put my feet up during tea time.

A size of a coin on your sponge is good enough to make skin soft and sqeaky clean. I could make use as twice without having to worry because it is not as pricey. Quality product for an affordable cost for a much pleasurable bathing experience. ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by multigraincheerios

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off, I bought this in the "new" packaging that is a large bottle that is blue/white and says Ivory on it. It also has some bubbles. It's the "original scent" one and that's what I'm reviewing here.

I have used the Ivory bar soap ever since I was a little girl, my mom uses it religiously, but once I was able to get my own body wash, i strayed. I noticed that the bar soap made my skin tight and really uncomfortable. So I started using dove in various forms.

Fast forward a few years, and I found the ivory body wash in my local grocery store. I was fed up with fruity smelling body washes or ones that claimed to do xyz and then didn't do squat other than leave a film on my skin. I browsed the aisle, found this and decided to give it a try. I bought mine for $3.50+ taxes as it was on sale, but I've never seen it over like $5 or so at the most.

I used it that night and loved it. To put it simply it cleaned. It smelled good. It had a nice lather, basically everything I was looking for. I've been using the same bottle for around 4 months now, and it's still got a good amount it in.

As far as packaging, I wish they'd change it so it was easier to hold or so the cap was on the bottom, because it does get a bit difficult to hold in the shower.

Overall though 5/5. It smells good, it cleans well, and it makes me happy. What more do you want?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know that Ivory soap is a classic that has been around for years for a reason. I actually got this in a new form an updated classic blue bottle, and I love how it lathers and the lingering fresh scent it provides. It smells WONDERFUL and very distinct. For years when I would hug my Aunt K, I would say, you smell so GOOD! What are you wearing? And she would reply, just soap. Well I'm in walmart with my brother and he says - hey this is the wash Aunt K uses it was at her house, and I smelled it -- voila! Mystery solved! After using, I am in love. Cost is great at less than $5, and it doesn't buildup or leave a residue if I forget to lotion, rinses clean and doesn't dry or irritate skin. Also I feel like it is soft enough to be ivory, but cleanses well enough to get the grime off on sweaty gardening days and leave me feeling scrubbed fresh. Who knew? Now we can both smell like a field of fresh cut something wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

This review is for the aloe version.

I've been an Ivory girl for as long as I can remember, so I decided to give the aloe body wash a try. I like to use the original bar soap to clean sweatier areas on my body and ensure all my deodorant is removed and use the body wash all over. The aloe version smells like fresh laundry to me and makes me feel squeaky clean and soft without stripping my skin. I wouldn't call it moisturizing, but when I step out of the bath/shower, I don't feel the need to immediately slather on some lotion.
The original version is nice as well, but I prefer the aloe as it seems a bit more gentle.
This stuff is also pretty cheap and comes in a rather large bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by brooke2010

My review is for the regular scent Ivory body wash. This has to be one of my favorite smells ever. It's just so clean, fresh, and comforting to me. I am not a fan of the new packaging, the lid is always hard to open and I agree with the reviewer that said it looks 1970s, but that will definitely not stop me from buying it. The smell is just so wonderful and it's gentle on my skin with the right amount of lather. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by clarkesac1985

You really can't go wrong with this product. Great scent - very light and fresh. Lathers well, rinses well and doubles as an effective shave gel in a pinch if need be. This is a staple in my bathroom and I always prefer to use this body wash post-work out or just before bed.

The added bonus is that it is found almost every where and can usually be scooped up on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by KoKoJammie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very good, simple product. Fragrance is a little stronger than expected, but it washes clean & doesn't irritate sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by mladyd

I started using this many years ago but these days it can be harder to find so I just bought a case of the Aloe version online so I'm set for awhile. I like the original scent as well and it makes the bathroom smell wonderful, abut the Aloe is my personal favorite. I DISLIKE the new packaging however, it looks cheap and very 1970's IMO. The old hour glass, opaque bottles were perfect, simple, very IVORY if you know what I mean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

i have the original scent and it smells wonderful!! dirt cheap for a large bottle! lathers well and i feel super clean...i rotate this stuff with my bath and body works body washes