July 25, 2014 | 940 users online

Lotions/ Creams - La Roche Posay - Lipikar Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by maria1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My son who is 8 years of age has been suffering from severe eczema since he was about 3 months old. I have tried multiple products and have wasted enormous amounts of money and time searching for a miracle cream that would make my son's skin just a tiny bit better. For years and years I have found nothing. QV cream and balm was the only thing that would slightly make his skin ok. I would regularly need to go to the doctor's to get steroid creams because his skin would always act up. He would constantly be itchy and scratching even in his sleep. I didn't know what else to do. I have cried and have been angry as to why my baby need to go through this horrible condition. For years and years I hoped that somehow my son would grow out of his eczema or scientist would find a 'cure'. Nothing.
Then one day, I was out doing the grocery shopping and decided to go in Priceline just to see what beauty products have recently come out (sometimes I just like to browse through aisles and look at products). From the corner of my eye I saw a new product that have recently come here in Australia. It was La Roche Posay Lipikar Balm. It stated that anti-itch and the eczema board stamp was on it. I thought about buying it right there and then but hesitated not because it was quite expensive but because I was scared of how my son's skin would react to it.
For days I thought about the cream and whether we should take the risk and buy it. Who cares if it's $40 and QV cream was only $15. If my son's skin doesn't like it then I can use it. So I gave in and decided to apply it on a small patch on my son's arm. After doing that I think I asked him about a 100 times as to whether he was itchy, observed his skin whether it was starting to break out in rashes and whether he was starting to scratch it.... after a few hours looked in the area where I applied it and nothing. No rashes, no red marks, no scratching! Just an area looking very well moisturised.
So that was it, after lunch on a Saturday afternoon gave my son a shower and instead of putting the QV cream on him I applied La Roche Posay balm instead and I am telling anyone who is reading this now, this product is a MIRACLE for anyone with eczema!!!! I cannot get over how this one product literally changed our lives. I haven't had to use his steroid creams for weeks now and I haven't seen him scratching himself. His skin is usually dry and very scaly and his skin now is smooth and soft and like a normal person's skin. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO THE COMPANY!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by kaicg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Both me and my sister really love this moisturizer. My body tends to be normal to dry, but easily itchy (specifically the legs). And her skin is EXTREMELY dry, scaly and itchy. For both of us it hydrates and soothes the skin especially during this dry winter season.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by maysundstrom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this for my kids skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I was a bit on the fence about the question if Iīd buy it again. It is a really pleasant lotion for my dry shins in winter, but I have the feeling as if it doesnīt delivery so much moisture, but rather lipids which unfortunately tend to sit on top of my skin if itīs not severely dry. Otherwise, I like the subtle scent...but still I would wish for a tiny bit more moisture and a little less waxy feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this on my face, I also like Lipikar Syndet face wash. Both are super.
This stuff sinks in well -- I sometimes mix it with my A-Derma repair cream with HA (see my review) for an extra boost.
No breakouts, no stinging when my skin is sensitive. I don't think there's a noticeable fragrance. It certainly doesn't irritate my skin and I usually start to itch and go red if I use fragranced soaps or lotions.

It's not as dry a finish as the A-Derma repair cream, but it's not greasy - just a nice combination of moisturiser and barrier. It feels great as a hand cream - no heavy residue. I don't use this regularly as a body cream (Aveeno works in a very similar way and costs less) but people who spend a lot on skincare will find the price okay.
Like with Aveeno, if you have skin (body) that gets dry and itchy, this helps, I've tried it.
I occasionally use it as an overnight face treatment cream with good results.
Excellent stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by xrysmaxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading all the reviews I had to try a sample! And yes It's AMAZING! It's actually the only body cream that my "Sahara desert body" loves! It's cheap unlike other brands and works so well on dry skin! I am on my second tube and would buy again and again and again..,

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by MissSaraxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff so much. It feels like silk on your skin and once it's absorbed it's not sticky at all and your skin is left super soft. I use it on my face mostly and it's cleared up all my dry spots. So glad I found this! My skin looks and feels so much healthier, I wouldn't be without it.
I've been using it for 4 months now and I haven't made any sort of dent in it, it's really good value for money - a little goes a long way, 2/3 pea sized amounts will do my whole face easily.
Will be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by queenoftheirish

I absolutely love this product. It has been a revelation to me. It is SO good at moisturising my really dry skin. I use it everywhere including my face and my skin feels and looks great. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 6:47:00 AM More reviews by francescalam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using the skin products from this brand and recommended by the consultants in store to try out this body balm. It is my favourite body balm at the moment. I have really dry, sensitive and itchy skin. It leaves my skin very moisturized even in the winter. It could be a bit oily for summer though.

The thing I love the most about this product would be its "anti-scratching" function. It does help a lot to ease the itchyness unlike products like QV.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Mutschi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

favourite and only body "lotion" I use. it is so easy to spread even though it's a balm. very soothing and moisturizing. I don't really have many problems with the skin on my body but I did get a few dry spots and little red bumps from shaving or dryness (I hated those on my butt...:-/). I use this balm daily (and I'm really lazy having to rub lotion into my skin for hours but this balm is so easy to spread) after my shower when skin is still damp and it took care of these issues. also, no breakouts on my chest anymore! tmi, sorry, but I suffer from dry, cracked skin around my nipples, not anymore with this balm. I even think that my strechmarks on my thighs look less noticable. skin is super soft and touchable since I started using this balm. I highly recommend this product also for non-itchy, "normal" skin. and a little goes a long way!
I do use palmers smoothing lotion or walmarts aha lotion about 2 x a week to exfoliate.