November 21, 2014 | 1764 users online

Blush - NYX - Powder Blush - Angel

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this is such a "meh" blush for me, yet irreplaceable. one reviewer said she liked to use it when she didn't want to focus on her cheeks. this is that blush, definitely. it's very boring for me. it is a dusty pinky-peach on me. it doesn't do much for my skintone (super pale olive.) it also doesn't offend my skintone! it's got a very slight satin sheen finish to it, but nothing noticeable at all unless someone is looking at your face with a microscope.

i can't give it a 4, but anything less than a 3 would be dishonest. it serves its purpose as a cheap, kinda-NARS-ey blush. it's easy to wear, easy to blend, seems to stay put mostly.

for the price point? fantastic. i wouldn't call it the perfect pale skin blush, though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by susiej

Hmmm there must be a number of different incarnations of this blush because the one I have doesn't match the descriptions provided in a lot of these reviews!

The Angel that I have is a matte product- no shimmer at all. It's a light peach colour. Nothing to get too excited about in the pan. The problem with shades like these is that their formulas tend to be really powdery/chalky, which I find intensely annoying- I want to wear the product, not inhale it! This one isn't too bad in that respect at all.

On my skin the colour payoff is mild- but buildable. I find it perfect for those days when you want to wear a look that isn't all about the cheeks- or as a subtle accompaniment to a contour. I'm finding it hard to think of anything else to say about it really! It's a pleasant, gentle, peach. On me it doesn't swing orange but I think this is largely subject to your own skin chemistry/undertones so results may vary in that regard (as they always do!)

I suppose at this price point - 6, there are better blushes out there in terms of pigmentation, quality, packaging- Sleek comes to mind. Boots 17 is just over half the price of the NYX and would win out on all accounts.... But I think it deserves the 4* star rating. Sometimes the ordinary shades are just as important as the show stoppers and I think it's great to have more budget lines producing matte finish blushes.

P.s- If you're in the UK, NYX is stocked by NEXT, the clothing retailer. I had no idea of this until recently! So check the NYX website for the stores that carry the makeup because it's def. going to be worth it if there are multiple versions of a single item as there appears to be for this blush!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Most beautiful colour of blush in the world. Its a very soft peachy pink shade, however it is not too warm. The gold reflects add a bit of a glow to the skin aswell :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm confused as I bought this blush off beautyjoint and it was a dusty pink with shimmer but I dropped it and it cracked so I bought angel again from next as they have started stocking nyx but it's a completely different color it's a very light peach with no shimmer hmmm I'm confused as it looks different online too not bad blush but not very pigmented blends well for the price it's a good blush

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by Minxie413

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

As said previously, this blush was not at all what I expected it to be. I was hoping for a cool pinky beige but, when applied I got a peach. I usually steer clear of any blushes that pull orange with the exception of few high end colors that are really more peachy-pink like NARS Orgasm or MAC Hipness. Luckily, NYX's Angel still has enough pink in it that it didn't turn my neutral to cool toned fair complexion orangey. I actually like it. The pigmentation is awesome, I can see it lasting me awhile. Also, NYX Angel is not a matte finish. It has considerable sheen to it, but not disco ball by far! I did find the texture a bit too powdery. All in all a unexpected but cute blush. I guess I'll have to find my cool pinky beige elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I've got dry skin, not acne prone though very clog prone these days, but this blush has not caused any new clogged pores. I've got fair olive skin that's quite yellow but with some redness on upper cheeks. I don't look quite as fair currently as I wear bronzer in summer and/or self tan. I'd given up on blushes for a while because I loved the flushed/came in from the cold look I'd worn for years so only wanted blushes that fit the bill.

Now mid 40's and have the aforementioned redness I didn't have when I was younger so "flushed" looking blushes just look clown like on me now. I wore them on the apples of mu cheeks and blended out so that placement doesn't work for me anymore either.
What's a gal to do?!

I missed blush but went without though I tried for the better part of this year to get my blush on via creams, sticks, powders, liquids, matte, shimmer, satin finish etc. Invariably I wished I blushed naturally from embarrassment after doing the bathroom mirror test.

I had given up but I saw this and on sale so it was about $2-3.00 (U.S.) It looked quite fair and neutral pinky tan, quite unobtrusive, satin finish when I swatched.

On me there is very little peachiness and almost dismissed it at first because I actually thought it too pigmented (though its a lighter blush). I use this after bronzer mixed with a little bit of my face powder which is yellow and apply right above my cheekbones and out. Pop of color, but nowhere near Bozo territory, subtle, feminine, pretty. Slight sheen yes, no glittah, no shimmah!
Also great over crease color on eyes or in place of for a little warmth.

With setting powder on top and a spritz of water it stays on fairly well. I will say repurchase though I'm not the loyal partner I once was to makeup I liked, but I was younger and most things just "worked" fine so why replace them? As I get older my fickle face means I love something and it really works but who knows what tomorrow brings? May turn out to be a fluke and never, ever, work for me again.

But I'm enjoying it right now and since that's all I've got, this is a sweet lil' blush to have. For the price its pretty in a pan; I'd chew my arm off if it got caught in a trap and you promised me some pretty again if I knew you'd make good on your offer, lol

Lastly, from the quilted look to the satin finish, these remind me a lot of Jane Blushes you don't see anymore but were quite beloved.

(Yes my arm-i said it!;)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by DeborahTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this blush in an IPSY GlamBag. I really like it, which surprised me. It has quite a bit of "sheen" (not sparkle per se), which I usually do not like. The color is pinky peach--I'm surprised folks say that it goes orange on them! On me much of the color disappears but it is a great highlighter in combination with another blush color. (I usually do at least two blushes anyway--contour and highlight, so this fills that need.) It also doesn't have the staying power but that can be rectified with some De-Slick Urban Decay spray. This has been one of my go-to blushes all summer! I suppose I wouldn't purchase again simply because I don't think I'll run out any time soon.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This swatches SO differently in photos than it looks on my face. On my very cool NC10-15 skin, it's almost a slightly more shimmery, more pigmented dupe for NARS Orgasm. Very orange, very bright, very shiny. Blush tends to pull coral on me but this was insane. The texture is nice but that's about it. It also irritated my skin -- had a flareup of dermatitis where I applied it, and I never ever have spots on my cheeks with my everyday blush (Shu Soft Pink) so I know it's the culprit.

The good news: this will probably look pretty on tanned, warmer skin tones (without sensitivity). Sadly, I am neither.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by KeliKitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The description of Angel is "Matte Soft Pink". I got it online, when I received it, I was a little disappoint because Angel is not matte at all. It is waaaay shimmery with very little pigment. The pink is on the peachy side, rather than a cool-neutral I was hoping for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this blush! It is the absolute perfect colour for fair skin. It's a soft, neutral, peachy shade that looks so natural. I feel like I have the most natural glow when I wear this. It's my favourite NYX blush, and one of my favourite blushes of any brand.