NYX Powder Blush - Angel

I don't get the love. I am pale and I like pale blushes - Benefit Dandelion is a favourite I need to repurchase - but this just doesn't show up. It's hard to even get it to swatch on a finger (I ordered online). Only positive is the low price. Giving it away, as it does nothing for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I couldn't find this color in stores so I bought it from Amazon. Computer color vs. real life is always a gamble, but this looks soooo pretty. It's a peachy pink that looks like my natural blush. My first purchase of this line was the color Pinched and liked it, but I had to use a light hand with that color because it's very saturated on me. This is subtle so I could put it on without fear of over-applying.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This barely shows up on me. It's a pretty color in the pan but then doesn't show up on my face. So very meh.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a nice blush. It is a subtle colour and goes well with most of my makeup. Definitely one of the blushes I will use when I don't want to focus on my cheeks. Very suitable for office wear as the finish of the blush is rather matte. The quality of the blush is awesome for the price too!

The only downside is the compact that this blush came in is very hard to open. I haven't experienced this with other NYX products, so I probably just got a dud.

I am not a blush person at all but i saw it at target and was like i need you. This is my perfect shade of peachy pink it looks matte in the pan and on the cheeks its as if theres a slight sheen-which i like . So beautiful and the price is amazing

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this is such a "meh" blush for me, yet irreplaceable. one reviewer said she liked to use it when she didn't want to focus on her cheeks. this is that blush, definitely. it's very boring for me. it is a dusty pinky-peach on me. it doesn't do much for my skintone (super pale olive.) it also doesn't offend my skintone! it's got a very slight satin sheen finish to it, but nothing noticeable at all unless someone is looking at your face with a microscope.

i can't give it a 4, but anything less than a 3 would be dishonest. it serves its purpose as a cheap, kinda-NARS-ey blush. it's easy to wear, easy to blend, seems to stay put mostly.

for the price point? fantastic. i wouldn't call it the perfect pale skin blush, though!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hmmm there must be a number of different incarnations of this blush because the one I have doesn't match the descriptions provided in a lot of these reviews!

The Angel that I have is a matte product- no shimmer at all. It's a light peach colour. Nothing to get too excited about in the pan. The problem with shades like these is that their formulas tend to be really powdery/chalky, which I find intensely annoying- I want to wear the product, not inhale it! This one isn't too bad in that respect at all.

On my skin the colour payoff is mild- but buildable. I find it perfect for those days when you want to wear a look that isn't all about the cheeks- or as a subtle accompaniment to a contour. I'm finding it hard to think of anything else to say about it really! It's a pleasant, gentle, peach. On me it doesn't swing orange but I think this is largely subject to your own skin chemistry/undertones so results may vary in that regard (as they always do!)

I suppose at this price point - 6, there are better blushes out there in terms of pigmentation, quality, packaging- Sleek comes to mind. Boots 17 is just over half the price of the NYX and would win out on all accounts.... But I think it deserves the 4* star rating. Sometimes the ordinary shades are just as important as the show stoppers and I think it's great to have more budget lines producing matte finish blushes.

P.s- If you're in the UK, NYX is stocked by NEXT, the clothing retailer. I had no idea of this until recently! So check the NYX website for the stores that carry the makeup because it's def. going to be worth it if there are multiple versions of a single item as there appears to be for this blush!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Most beautiful colour of blush in the world. Its a very soft peachy pink shade, however it is not too warm. The gold reflects add a bit of a glow to the skin aswell :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm confused as I bought this blush off beautyjoint and it was a dusty pink with shimmer but I dropped it and it cracked so I bought angel again from next as they have started stocking nyx but it's a completely different color it's a very light peach with no shimmer hmmm I'm confused as it looks different online too not bad blush but not very pigmented blends well for the price it's a good blush

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

As said previously, this blush was not at all what I expected it to be. I was hoping for a cool pinky beige but, when applied I got a peach. I usually steer clear of any blushes that pull orange with the exception of few high end colors that are really more peachy-pink like NARS Orgasm or MAC Hipness. Luckily, NYX's Angel still has enough pink in it that it didn't turn my neutral to cool toned fair complexion orangey. I actually like it. The pigmentation is awesome, I can see it lasting me awhile. Also, NYX Angel is not a matte finish. It has considerable sheen to it, but not disco ball by far! I did find the texture a bit too powdery. All in all a unexpected but cute blush. I guess I'll have to find my cool pinky beige elsewhere.