September 17, 2014 | 1979 users online

Blush - NYX - Powder Blush - Angel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Most beautiful colour of blush in the world. Its a very soft peachy pink shade, however it is not too warm. The gold reflects add a bit of a glow to the skin aswell :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm confused as I bought this blush off beautyjoint and it was a dusty pink with shimmer but I dropped it and it cracked so I bought angel again from next as they have started stocking nyx but it's a completely different color it's a very light peach with no shimmer hmmm I'm confused as it looks different online too not bad blush but not very pigmented blends well for the price it's a good blush

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by Minxie413

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

As said previously, this blush was not at all what I expected it to be. I was hoping for a cool pinky beige but, when applied I got a peach. I usually steer clear of any blushes that pull orange with the exception of few high end colors that are really more peachy-pink like NARS Orgasm or MAC Hipness. Luckily, NYX's Angel still has enough pink in it that it didn't turn my neutral to cool toned fair complexion orangey. I actually like it. The pigmentation is awesome, I can see it lasting me awhile. Also, NYX Angel is not a matte finish. It has considerable sheen to it, but not disco ball by far! I did find the texture a bit too powdery. All in all a unexpected but cute blush. I guess I'll have to find my cool pinky beige elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I've got dry skin, not acne prone though very clog prone these days, but this blush has not caused any new clogged pores. I've got fair olive skin that's quite yellow but with some redness on upper cheeks. I don't look quite as fair currently as I wear bronzer in summer and/or self tan. I'd given up on blushes for a while because I loved the flushed/came in from the cold look I'd worn for years so only wanted blushes that fit the bill.

Now mid 40's and have the aforementioned redness I didn't have when I was younger so "flushed" looking blushes just look clown like on me now. I wore them on the apples of mu cheeks and blended out so that placement doesn't work for me anymore either.
What's a gal to do?!

I missed blush but went without though I tried for the better part of this year to get my blush on via creams, sticks, powders, liquids, matte, shimmer, satin finish etc. Invariably I wished I blushed naturally from embarrassment after doing the bathroom mirror test.

I had given up but I saw this and on sale so it was about $2-3.00 (U.S.) It looked quite fair and neutral pinky tan, quite unobtrusive, satin finish when I swatched.

On me there is very little peachiness and almost dismissed it at first because I actually thought it too pigmented (though its a lighter blush). I use this after bronzer mixed with a little bit of my face powder which is yellow and apply right above my cheekbones and out. Pop of color, but nowhere near Bozo territory, subtle, feminine, pretty. Slight sheen yes, no glittah, no shimmah!
Also great over crease color on eyes or in place of for a little warmth.

With setting powder on top and a spritz of water it stays on fairly well. I will say repurchase though I'm not the loyal partner I once was to makeup I liked, but I was younger and most things just "worked" fine so why replace them? As I get older my fickle face means I love something and it really works but who knows what tomorrow brings? May turn out to be a fluke and never, ever, work for me again.

But I'm enjoying it right now and since that's all I've got, this is a sweet lil' blush to have. For the price its pretty in a pan; I'd chew my arm off if it got caught in a trap and you promised me some pretty again if I knew you'd make good on your offer, lol

Lastly, from the quilted look to the satin finish, these remind me a lot of Jane Blushes you don't see anymore but were quite beloved.

(Yes my arm-i said it!;)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by DeborahTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this blush in an IPSY GlamBag. I really like it, which surprised me. It has quite a bit of "sheen" (not sparkle per se), which I usually do not like. The color is pinky peach--I'm surprised folks say that it goes orange on them! On me much of the color disappears but it is a great highlighter in combination with another blush color. (I usually do at least two blushes anyway--contour and highlight, so this fills that need.) It also doesn't have the staying power but that can be rectified with some De-Slick Urban Decay spray. This has been one of my go-to blushes all summer! I suppose I wouldn't purchase again simply because I don't think I'll run out any time soon.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This swatches SO differently in photos than it looks on my face. On my very cool NC10-15 skin, it's almost a slightly more shimmery, more pigmented dupe for NARS Orgasm. Very orange, very bright, very shiny. Blush tends to pull coral on me but this was insane. The texture is nice but that's about it. It also irritated my skin -- had a flareup of dermatitis where I applied it, and I never ever have spots on my cheeks with my everyday blush (Shu Soft Pink) so I know it's the culprit.

The good news: this will probably look pretty on tanned, warmer skin tones (without sensitivity). Sadly, I am neither.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by KeliKitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The description of Angel is "Matte Soft Pink". I got it online, when I received it, I was a little disappoint because Angel is not matte at all. It is waaaay shimmery with very little pigment. The pink is on the peachy side, rather than a cool-neutral I was hoping for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this blush! It is the absolute perfect colour for fair skin. It's a soft, neutral, peachy shade that looks so natural. I feel like I have the most natural glow when I wear this. It's my favourite NYX blush, and one of my favourite blushes of any brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by thepinkgloss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The shade in the packaging is a pinkish mate colour but in my face turns to a orange shade that i hate so much. I tried with my foundation and the shade started to oxidize,without foundation it doesn't show up. The consistency is so powdery and it doesn't have so much pigmentation like I said before.The packaging is a plastic material and looks so cheap. I don't know I guess you get what you pay for. When i started to learn how to do my makeup i bought so much stuff from Nyx cause is cheap and is a good option if you are starting but after 5 years right know i hate this brand. I got eyeshadows and so much stuff and i think if you are in makeup and you use good/higher brands you will not like nyx but it's only my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The shade looks lovely in the pan, but once it is on it oxidizes on me. NYX blushes seem to have no lasting power on me and also very powdery, so it makes it a little hard to work with. I will not repurchase.