September 18, 2014 | 1828 users online

Hair Color - Fanci Full Touch Up Stick

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by stellina

This is a review for the Roux Tween Time stick, which I believe is the same thing, perhaps in a different package. Lately the grey hairs have been coming in more frequently, especially around my part, and my hair color doesn't last as long on them. I don't want to color my hair more frequently since it can be damaging, so a touch-up product was in order. When I went to the beauty supply, I had the new marker-type products in mind but they were over twice the price. Then I recalled a friend telling me about this handy little stick - it does the job! The trick is to wet it just a bit. I've had good luck using the stick directly but another reviewer had a great idea about using a wet paintbrush - it is indeed like the old-fashioned watercolors for children. I'll never be without one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

i have dark brown hair and have been using the same touch up stick for at least a yr, so the color name has rubbed off but it looks like a med. brown.

the pros are one stick will last forever. this is great in a pinch. you can also wet a flat brush and paint it on where you need it. this can really help to not have to do roots so often. its damaging for my hair so i try and go as long in between touch ups as possible. in the last yr this has come in really handy for me as i have grays since my late 20's and now they seem really resistant to color. i wash my hair and before i style it, while its still damp at least, i use this so i don't have to add water because my hair is still wet enough. this stays on until you wash again. it does not flake or get weird, though the longer you go in between washings, it does fade a bit.

cons, this is fairly matte. there are ways around that. you can dip the stick into a spray gloss (i spritz some onto something first) then apply. you can also do the same with a leave in and when i want my hair fuller, i "wet" the stick with a volumizing mousse instead, works really well. the color i have looks darker than it is and is actually way more red than i thought it would be. its best not to get it on your part, it looks sun burnt on me. but a swipe with a damp q-tip fixes that too. so none of the cons are un-fixable. in fact if you wear your hair up and your scalp is really white (mine is!!!), and hair really dark, also like mine, you can sort of fill in the gaps that somehow appear along the hairline that can make you look like you have thinning hair when in reality you may not (just looks that way when up). if you apply like cray and hair gets that matte looks, apply a glossing spray when you're done styling.

i am going to get another one as i have finally "hit pan!";) i might try and lighter shade too to test out how highlights would look as i have not had any in yrs.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by KathySkates

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was at the point where my dark brown and gray roots were showing next to my medium brown highlighted hair. I didn't need a haircut. I have no time and why spend the money if you don't have to. I bought the touch up stick in medium brown. I just wet the stick and dabbed at my part. I couldn't believe how well it worked! I have a bob style with bangs. I will be trimming my bangs and touching up for another month before I step into the salon again. You should not touch up a half head of hair with this. I recommend just doing what shows up to perhaps an inch or so. It is a little too waxy or sticky to do more than that. For my needs, an A+.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I have one of these sticks in medium brown and it works great for quick touch ups when you see some little noticable grays popping up. Obviously this isn't made for use allover your head but if your in between colorings this works great for a quick fix...and the stick lasts forever,I have had mine for like 2yrs!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2006 6:20:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

horrible product. I was looking for something to touch up my roots since my highlights are growing out. I picked up the light brown. This comes in a stick that reminds me of a glue stick. You roll up the brown product in the tube, wet it and rub on hair to touch up roots. It did cover my one grey hair but it would take way too much effort to cover up my whole head. Messy and a pain in the neck. Retails for $5.29 from the drugstore. Not for me.