August 21, 2014 | 968 users online

Shampoo - Nature's Gate - Biotin shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this shampoo to be very strong. Although it's sulfate free, there are four other cleansing agents in it including: cocamidopropyl hydrozysultaine, sodium cocoyl isethionate, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, and lauryl glucoside. That explains why it lathers so well. Don't get me wrong. I'm not opposed to lathering shampoos. In fact, I prefer them. However, I've found that most sulfate shampoos are just as gentle if not gentler than some of these sulfate free shampoos. After using this, my hair felt very dry and tangled until I applied conditioner. (FYI: The matching conditioner is very good). I wouldn't recommend using this everyday, but it might work as the occasional clarifying shampoo.

This shampoo does have some good points. It contains two types of hydrolyzed protein to strengthen the hair. It also has a wonderful minty smell. As for the price, this cost me about $7.00 dollars for a 18 oz bottle. Personally, I get better results from Mane 'n Tail Shampoo, and it's only around $6.00 dollars for a 32 oz bottle. Although I'll use up what I have, I doubt I will repurchase this shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by samm494

So after a "no-poo" fail and not feeling clean enough with cowashing, I decided to try a sulfate free shampoo and picked this one up... not impressed. I then learn that cheap sulfate free shampoos often contain replacement detergents that can be just as damaging to hair, which explains why this one lathers so much. Then I looked at the ingredients and noticed I couldn't pronounce most of them.. not a good sign. Also, I feel like they are trying to trick people with the whole "biotin" thing, because biotin cannot be absorbed through hair so unless you're taking it as a supplement, it wont help your hair. So anyway, I've used this shampoo/conditioner three times now and every time I rinse the poo out my hair feels awful! stiff, course and dried out, so i have to overcompensate (especially on the roots where I used the shampoo) with the conditioner which does help.. As for cleaning, I do feel that it gets my hair clean and it leaves my hair looking shiny, however I don't think it actually makes it any healthier because it feel so harsh and I get a lot of fallout hairs in my shower when I use it, and my hair gets greasy the next day (which is what it does when I strip all my natural oils away). It also makes my scalp itchy. I will try to finish the bottles to see if my hair can get used to it but will not repurchase, I'm going to try Organic Excellence next, which has a wayy more natural ingredient list.

Pros: shiny hair, smells good (minty), tingly scalp

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by skinjazz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is really awful! I have fine hair that gets greasy quickly. Normally I have to wash my hair every day. At first I was faintly pleased to see that with this shampoo I could get away with washing every second or even third day, but as I worked my way through the bottle, my scalp became so dry, tight and uncomfortable that I started to dread the next wash, because even though my hair was lanky and needed to be cleaned, my scalp was like the sahara. Today, I had to slather coconut oil on my scalp to get some relief. This may be sulfate-free, but it contains some sort of corrosive detergent that rivals drain cleaner. And this is their nourishing range!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by CristabelJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair would die without this! I have learned that time and time again with this shampoo, at first I was not fully aware of what it was doing for my hair so I would repeatedly buy other shampoos on a whim just because they seemed more expensive or more trendy with the makeup forums but I would always experience serious hair loss when not using this shampoo. I blow dry and flat iron my hair very often and I submit it to much damage with constant blonde highlighting. I would always return to this bottle while temporarily looking for that HG shampoo, to my surprise my hair would just instantly feel healthy and manageable and soft again, it would take away that "hay-like" feel to my hair (made up word;that fried end look that your hair gets when it has a billion split ends). Not only that but with this shampoo I was able to grow my hair to bra length for the first time since I started using hot tools on the daily, seriously this product is also dirt cheap. (MOST) drugstore shampoos nowadays will charge anywhere from $6-8 for brands like Pantene and L'oreal, and this shampoo actually delivers. I recommend this shampoo for people that have dry and damaged hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by letsgobananas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although this product dries out my hair, it really does work in terms of strengthening. My hair doesn't fall off so easily now. But my hair becomes quite dry so I fix that with a serum after my wash. Love the 'earthy' smell and I think it lathers quite well. Price is affordable for a sulfate-free shampoo too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a way to get away from chemical based shampoos, so I decided to buy this for $8 at Earthfare. Well, im dissapointed, it dries out my hair and doesnt really volumize my hair much. I am going to stick with Nioxin. Sorry this doesnt do much for me, it doesnt even lather, and smells like dirt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 5:39:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I am loving this shampoo. It smells minty and feels refreshing, foams and cleans very well without having to wash twice. I noticed that it adds a bit of volume too.

The only thing I don't like is that its is slightly tangling so a good conditioner is a must. The price is amazing and the amount you get is huge

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

I came across this shampoo in Whole Foods & it looked so appealing to me. I have problems with my hair due to allergies. This cleanses my hair well without drying, makes it some stronger, and it definitely feels healthier. I think anyone with oily, normal, or sensitive scalp would like this. Great buy and product!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by pucigatto

Terrible! It dries my fine, colored hair and causes bad fallout everytime I use it.In the trash it goes together with the awful companion conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by pishi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is a nice paraben free shampoo. I believe it strengthened my hair & I was having fewer split ends since using. It does leave my hair feeling squeaky clean if I don't use conditioner, so I can't say I love it but as far as the biotin/strengthening shampoos I've used, it is the best.
It leaves your hair feeling a little tingly, which is nice. I dislike the conditioner that matches (but that's another review).
I usually get it at a local health food store during BOGO sales or from drugstore.com.
I do think that I have less "new" fallout when I'm using this shampoo compared to others.