October 25, 2014 | 1190 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Dr. Hauschka - Toned Day Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by fpih

Dr Hauschka's Rose Cream Light has been my favorite cream ever. Last time I went to buy it though, the SA told me the Toned cream was on serious sale so I decided to give it a try.

Well, I have dry skin during the colder months, and still this is a bit too oily for me. Every 3 or 4 hours I have to blot my forehead to prevent it from looking overly shinny. This has only happened to me when I'm wearing high suncreen over my day cream, whatever that cream may be. However, I find it only a bit annoying and not a deal-breaker. But I guess that if I were to wear it during the summer, the need for blotting would be much more often and thus much more of a problem.

As for the colour, it looks quite dark in the tube, but on my pale face it sits nicely and natural-looking. It evens out some of the broken capilaries on my cheeks making my skin seem smoother, but for the more serious redness on the sides of my nose, I still have to use makeup on top or it shows. I've come to believe that most of the cream sinks inside the skin after a few hours, which might explain why my red spots become visible again after a while of wearing Toned Cream and why it doesn't transfer on my turtlenecks and scarves. So, if you plan to use it as a light makeup, do know that the effects won't last you the whole 9am to 5pm working hours.

No breaking out despite my skin being reactive to many supposedly hypoallergenic products, no blackheads, no clogged pores. In fact my skin has cleared while using this instead of my previous -almost natural- day cream I used. Still, I prefer Rose Cream Light over this and will go back to that one when this is finished.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by jaunesurrealiste

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My HG BB! I get compliments on my skin all the time and I feel like this is a main reason: a kiss of color to even out imperfections, a healthy glow like I've just has a facial, a modest natural spf due to the mineral pigments... and all with the purity and nourishing properties of Dr. Hauschka.

I wear Toned Day Cream alone or layered over another moisturizer or serum, depending on what I feel my skin needs that day. My skin is prone to rosacea and I believe that this moisturizer not only evens out redness but also has generally ameliorating qualities for my skin. Love.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by IsisMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I bought it I was really excited to try it out. Because I have very sensitive skin and I like the idea that it contains only natural ingredients. But unfortunatly I was dissapointed with the end result. For my dry skin its super oily and the shine just wont go away. I do have a tinted skin color but I found the foundation for some reason too dark. The thing I did like about the tm is that I felt like it was moisturizingy skin plus it didnt break me out. But it just looks to oily!! If they would do something about the oilyness and color I would buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by indica2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really excited to try this product after burning through a ton of Haushka samples at work (the lemon body moisturizer is to die for!). I don't wear a lot of makeup normally, and was looking for something to even out my skin tone while lightly moisturizing. I have dry skin, and was surprised at how incredibly greasy this made my face. Disappointing, as it's pretty expensive and after giving it a few tries, I've given up on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by tootired

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hate to be the downer here but I really don't like this product. Doesn't cover anything, has a funky smell and caused the worst breakout I've had since I was a teenager. NO THANKS. Be warned.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Jannet88t

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have oily/acne prone skin, I had first tried this product while I was on acctane for my cystic/hormonal acne, which if anyone has been on it knows that is sucks all the moisture/oil out of your skin. I loved it! It gave me great moisture and light sheer coverage that I would just set with powder. I stopped using it for awhile, I assume I probably thought it was too heavy to use if i wasn't on accutane. I bought it again and absolutely love it! Like I said i have oily/acne prone skin and it doesn't cause me to break out! It definitely gives me some shine but if i put a mineral powder on top and maybe twice a day blot with blotting paper, I'm good to go. I am an Aesthetician and was always told that putting natural, good quality oil on my skin will help balance my skin, which is totally true. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 out of 5 rating, it is a bit pricey and if you use it on a daily basis it probably would last 1-2 months. I also would give it 5 out of 5 if it had titanium dioxide for SPF, but i do use a mineral foundations powder with SPF.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I liked it. but I don't love it. It felt like rubbing finely ground clay into my face and it stung a little. Not moisturising enough for me, and doesn't play well with others!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Not sure how to rate this but in it's class it's def a 5/5:
+richer moisturizer without other junk found typically in other tinted moisturizers.
+gives a softened, protected feel to skin whereas most sink in and leave my skin dry.
-color many be too deep for some but def seems to even out my skin tone
+great for colder days when mineral MU is just too lightweight.
Typically I believe in letting my skin breathe, but this product doesn't weight it down, gives it a protected feel with some color. Dr H makes some of the best products IMO.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by taverner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is simpy brilliant, especially during the less cold months of the year. It moisturises well, but can be used over your normal moisturiser without making your face look (and feel) greasy. I do not use powder over it and find it stays well all day. It also gives your skin a nice toned look and evens out your complexion. Really excellent, without blocking pores or looking heavily made up in the summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I was excited to try this as it is a new addition to our local Shoppers Drug Mart and I am really 'into' the whole organic thing. The ingredients list looked appealing as I like the idea of using natural oils to moisturize. I gave this a go and while it felt good going on (lots of 'slip' due to the oils) it made my face more shiny than luminous I had to blend well as my skin is fair (the shade I think would work for a wide variety of skin tones but it looks very dark coming out of the container ). It also gave. no coverage which may be fine for some but I tend to diffuse redness and need at least minimal coverage. Perhaps if I powdered overtop I would get a more finished look. While it did provide a nice base for my foundation because of the oils, the price does not justify the means. For $45 Cdn. I expect my TM to really deliver. Personally speaking, straight avocado oil does more for my skin plus it has a more calming effect - the Hauschka gave me a teeny bit or a tingle. This would be recommended for very dry skin types or someone needing more winter moisturization so long as you are not sensitive to the botanicals, incl. peanut oil. Marcelle TM is actually nicer on my skin as it gives a more glowy look, plus it offers some coverage, contains a SPF 15 and it is only $14 Cdn.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No