Dr. Hauschka Toned Day Cream

3.8

Water/Aqua, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Pyrus Cydonia (Quince) Seed Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Bentonite, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Hypericum Perforatum (St. John'swort) Extract, Lecithin, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Citral, Coumarin, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Wax, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891 5/29/09

on 7/9/2015 4:36:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Hmmm, quite oily and too dark for me but I could get away with it on a summer holiday but in the heat and sun of summer holidays it would be too oily. So, on reflection, it's a no. For reference, my skin is slightly dehydrated, quite pale (think I'm a NC20 or thereabouts in MAC), no spots or blemishes to speak of but a bit of redness in the usual area around the nose.

on 12/20/2013 6:29:00 AM

Dr Hauschka's Rose Cream Light has been my favorite cream ever. Last time I went to buy it though, the SA told me the Toned cream was on serious sale so I decided to give it a try.

Well, I have dry skin during the colder months, and still this is a bit too oily for me. Every 3 or 4 hours I have to blot my forehead to prevent it from looking overly shinny. This has only happened to me when I'm wearing high suncreen over my day cream, whatever that cream may be. However, I find it only a bit annoying and not a deal-breaker. But I guess that if I were to wear it during the summer, the need for blotting would be much more often and thus much more of a problem.

As for the colour, it looks quite dark in the tube, but on my pale face it sits nicely and natural-looking. It evens out some of the broken capilaries on my cheeks making my skin seem smoother, but for the more serious redness on the sides of my nose, I still have to use makeup on top or it shows. I've come to believe that most of the cream sinks inside the skin after a few hours, which might explain why my red spots become visible again after a while of wearing Toned Cream and why it doesn't transfer on my turtlenecks and scarves. So, if you plan to use it as a light makeup, do know that the effects won't last you the whole 9am to 5pm working hours.

No breaking out despite my skin being reactive to many supposedly hypoallergenic products, no blackheads, no clogged pores. In fact my skin has cleared while using this instead of my previous -almost natural- day cream I used. Still, I prefer Rose Cream Light over this and will go back to that one when this is finished.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My HG BB! I get compliments on my skin all the time and I feel like this is a main reason: a kiss of color to even out imperfections, a healthy glow like I've just has a facial, a modest natural spf due to the mineral pigments... and all with the purity and nourishing properties of Dr. Hauschka.

I wear Toned Day Cream alone or layered over another moisturizer or serum, depending on what I feel my skin needs that day. My skin is prone to rosacea and I believe that this moisturizer not only evens out redness but also has generally ameliorating qualities for my skin. Love.

on 2/22/2013 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

When I bought it I was really excited to try it out. Because I have very sensitive skin and I like the idea that it contains only natural ingredients. But unfortunatly I was dissapointed with the end result. For my dry skin its super oily and the shine just wont go away. I do have a tinted skin color but I found the foundation for some reason too dark. The thing I did like about the tm is that I felt like it was moisturizingy skin plus it didnt break me out. But it just looks to oily!! If they would do something about the oilyness and color I would buy it.

on 2/12/2013 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to try this product after burning through a ton of Haushka samples at work (the lemon body moisturizer is to die for!). I don't wear a lot of makeup normally, and was looking for something to even out my skin tone while lightly moisturizing. I have dry skin, and was surprised at how incredibly greasy this made my face. Disappointing, as it's pretty expensive and after giving it a few tries, I've given up on it.

on 12/12/2012 1:36:00 PM

Hate to be the downer here but I really don't like this product. Doesn't cover anything, has a funky smell and caused the worst breakout I've had since I was a teenager. NO THANKS. Be warned.

on 10/20/2012 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have oily/acne prone skin, I had first tried this product while I was on acctane for my cystic/hormonal acne, which if anyone has been on it knows that is sucks all the moisture/oil out of your skin. I loved it! It gave me great moisture and light sheer coverage that I would just set with powder. I stopped using it for awhile, I assume I probably thought it was too heavy to use if i wasn't on accutane. I bought it again and absolutely love it! Like I said i have oily/acne prone skin and it doesn't cause me to break out! It definitely gives me some shine but if i put a mineral powder on top and maybe twice a day blot with blotting paper, I'm good to go. I am an Aesthetician and was always told that putting natural, good quality oil on my skin will help balance my skin, which is totally true. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 out of 5 rating, it is a bit pricey and if you use it on a daily basis it probably would last 1-2 months. I also would give it 5 out of 5 if it had titanium dioxide for SPF, but i do use a mineral foundations powder with SPF.

on 9/30/2011 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I liked it. but I don't love it. It felt like rubbing finely ground clay into my face and it stung a little. Not moisturising enough for me, and doesn't play well with others!

on 9/22/2011 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Not sure how to rate this but in it's class it's def a 5/5:
+richer moisturizer without other junk found typically in other tinted moisturizers.
+gives a softened, protected feel to skin whereas most sink in and leave my skin dry.
-color many be too deep for some but def seems to even out my skin tone
+great for colder days when mineral MU is just too lightweight.
Typically I believe in letting my skin breathe, but this product doesn't weight it down, gives it a protected feel with some color. Dr H makes some of the best products IMO.

on 9/8/2010 11:29:00 AM

This product is simpy brilliant, especially during the less cold months of the year. It moisturises well, but can be used over your normal moisturiser without making your face look (and feel) greasy. I do not use powder over it and find it stays well all day. It also gives your skin a nice toned look and evens out your complexion. Really excellent, without blocking pores or looking heavily made up in the summer.