October 25, 2014 | 1774 users online

Shampoo - Klorane - Soothing Shampoo with Peony Extract for Irritated Itchy Scalps

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I could go either way with this product. On one hand, it is very watery for a shampoo and I have to use quite a bit of it to feel like my scalp is clean. On the other hand, I do think it is gentle and it smells really delicious. For the price and the small quantity that you get in the bottle, I do not believe this to be a good value product. There are many other shampoos that I am perfectly happing using.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

Unlike most reviewers for this product, I bought this shampoo for the scent and not its advertised soothing properties. My scalp is pretty normal but gets dry during the colder months when I tend to crank up the hot water during my showers. As a result my scalp gets drier than normal but not super flaky or anything. Sometimes my scalp itches from using SLS based shampoos but when I switch to sulfate-free I notice a difference.

This is a nice shampoo but the scent is VERY pungent. I'm not sure how soothing a shampoo can be if it's so strongly scented? After I use this shampoo, my bathroom smells like a potpourri bomb exploded in it. If you like strong florals, this may not be an issue for you. I wanted to like this shampoo since I like peonies and the pink color was too pretty to pass up, but I prefer Klorane's almond and flax shampoos over this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My scalp can sometimes become irritable but is not always a problem. I wanted to try this shampoo for the soothing properties and also because it smelled so beautiful. Unfortunately it dried out my hair - I found it to be incredibly harsh to the point that I was finding loads of hair breaking off after washing with it - and it actually made my scalp itch! - the exact opposite of what it claimed to do. Unfortunately I had to throw it out without finishing. A big disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by polkadot1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo!

I have psoriasis on my scalp which can get terribly dry itchy and sore. My hair can get a bit oily at the roots and always needed washed every two days at most , I tried this product when none of usual shampoos were cutting it and my scalp felt soothed from the first wash.

It has a nice floral scent and is in a handy flip top bottle.

It is a bit more expensive than brands like dove but I find i only need to wash my hair every third day now so a bottle lasts me ages.

I have fine hair which can be very flat when just washed and be difficult to style, when i use this my hair has a bit more volume.

I ran out recently and my scalp flared up again quickly. I wish it was a bit more widely available but ive used several bottle of this now and am still very happy with this product

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am shocked by my strong dislike for this shampoo. Beautiful packaging usually wins some points from me, but not this time. It doesn't bubble up at all, and the lack thereof doesn't seem to produce any perceptible benefits to my hair. For the same price, I'd rather get Bumble & Bumble or Fresh.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

Soothe and calms my itchy & acne scalp when I had problem with my scalp a few years ago. At the same time, I have eczema skin so I must use natural / organic product without SLS (which causes my eczema flare up).

I was under a lot of stress back then so I needed to calm my scalp. When the scalp is itchy and has acne, the inflamed hair follicles will cause more hair falling. After using 3 bottles of this, my scalp calmed down and now I am back to normal.

I also used Avalon Organics Teatree shampoo in between. Now my HG is Avalon Organics Teatree shampoo and I believe either Klorane or Avalon Organics is good enough for itchy/acne scalp problem.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by rustybag

Klorane products are hit or miss for me, and unfortunately, this one is a miss. It smells like roses to me, which I do not like the scent of. It cleans my fine hair well and rinses clean, but something in this makes me shed a lot. At $18 for 13 ounces, it's not cheap, either. Disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo worked really well for me.

I was having problems with a very dry, itchy, and flaky scalp (it was, seriously, gross). I figured I'd try this Klorane shampoo for its soothing properties after having tried various dandruff shampoos that didn't work and seemed to irritate my head even more.

I no longer want to scratch my head off. The flaking has stopped. It cleans reasonably well and leaves my hair soft (I have thick, short-ish hair, color-treated hair), even when I don't use conditioner.

A nice bonus: it smells really nice. It's very floral and girly (duh, peonies!), but a nice change from the medicinal tar smell of T-Gel.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by MadameJouhier

This shampoo smells really good. It seemed to calm my irritated scalp due to the changing seasons. It cleaned well and didn't leave my hair dry. I wished it was a little thicker.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Lucifiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Terrible, doesn't really work on my greasy hair + scalp much and cleanses it poorly. Though at first, it did work reasonably well. However, its performance started to degrade after 2 months' of usage and my scalp is flaking again.

I can't believe I still have a lot more left.

Edit: I believe the reason why this shampoo can be so harsh for some, is due to the presence of SLS(sodium laureth sulfate). Try finding a shampoo with cocamidoprophyl betaine or decyl glucoside or sodium laureth sarcosinate.