September 30, 2014 | 1179 users online

Self Tanners - Lancome - Flash Bronzer Tinted Leg Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Tetonia

Lancome has hit a home run with the Flash Bronzer line.

The light gel has a hint of color, which both instantly adds a bronze tone AND makes it easy to see where you've already applied the product. It has a slight shimmer, too... which makes legs and body look very nice.

Over the next half hour or so, a deeper bronze color develops, which looks quite natural on my N20 skin tone. And best of all -- no stinky self-tanner smell. At least not much of one. You can still smell it a bit as it develops, but it's very light.

Depending on how you exfoliate, the color lasts three to five days. Great wear and a natural looking tan.

This is not the cheapest self-tanner, but I believe it is one of the best. I usually buy 2 oz. GWP/sample tubes off eBay sellers for about $8, which is much better than the $37/4 oz. from the department store.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by madaba

I have tried a few self tanners for my unsightly white calves and this one is good, especially on the third day after application. Smells gross, but I guess they all do. Never have problems with streaks and fades very evenly. Not too expensive if you just use it on your legs. Worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Maclover202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Overall I'm pleased with this product. When fist applied it comes out in a gel form and is a bronze color. Once the color has developed (i put it on before i go to bed) it leaves your skin a bronze color with a hint of gold. what i like about it is that it isnt orange it is the perfect tan color. It has the self tanner smell and is pretty strong but the self tanner smell never bothered me. It lasts for a good 5-6 days sometimes even longer depending on how well you prepared your legs for the self tanner. The only problem I have with it is that it comes off very patchy if you don't moisturize your legs before you apply the product and keep your legs moisturized after. even then it has a tendency to go patchy. Other than that is a great product and will repurchase, not immediately because there are other self tanners that are better will repurchase sometime soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by cubbiejules

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I'll say it flat out, I'm addictied to that other brand of self-tanning products with the white bottle and blue cap. I love that stuff. But, I found myself in a mall without a Sephora and in desperate need of a great self-tanner. My first inclination was to go with Clarin's, but I'm such a big user review junkie that I was hesitant with so much variation of reviews for it. So I wandered toward the Lancome counter at Macy's where a really great sales person was helping me. I tried a little on my arm and man did it make my skin soft! I loved the hint of shimmer so I thought, why not?

I'm a product junkie so I'm not opposed to paying more for something that's going to work well. I went home, exfoliated, etc and put some gloves on. I loved that it's tinted, you know exactly where its going and if its streaking. Definitely has a little of an orange tint to it when you initially apply it so I was thankful that went away by morning. Now for my least favorite part, it's sticky. I don't know if it was because my skin was warm from the exfoliating I just did, but man did I feel sticky for a long time. To give you an idea: I applied the tanner at about 9:30pm. I stood under a fan until about 10pm. Put on some baggy clothes and hopped into bed. I felt like I was going to stain the sheets. Where was this silky-smooth amazingness I experienced at the counter?! Oh well. At about 11pm I applied a second coat to make it darker. Glad I did. I'm already "tan" since I go to the tanning beds about twice every other week, so some self-tanners just don't do anything for me. After I applied the second coat, I laid in bed and just could not get over how strong the smell was. I don't mind tanning smells, it comes with the territory, but man! This was strong. My husband even noticed the smell. So, at about 1am I finally had that silky-smoothness I was waiting for. Success! I woke up this morning to a nice, even tan with super a soft skin. Even my hands weren't orange which is huge! Feet were even, back looked good, it was great! However, I washed my face in the morning and I saw the majority of my tanner go down the drain (mind you, I use a cream cleanser). Not sure about its staying power just yet...

Overall, it's not my favorite. I still love that other stuff. I wish that Lancome made it with more brown pigments because I feel a tad orange. But, I will say that as a strictly leg tanner, this stuff is top-notch. Just wished it dried faster, didn't smell, and looked more brown than orange. I'll use the whole bottle, but I won't be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in a recent Lancome gwp and since I'm so ready for spring to arrive, I decided to get a head start on self-tanning.
I did the usual preparation for self-tanning and I applied a light amount of this gel on my legs. (avoiding the knees, ankles, and the usual spots)
Voila! The next day I noticed a nice, subtle hint of colour on my legs and nothing orange, yay!

This stuff does leave a stain so don't forget to wash your hands after application.

I don't think I'd rush out to get a full tube as I'm reluctant to pay such a steep price for self-tanner but this might be worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

I love to use this bronzer over a spray tan or at home after I use a sunless tanner that didn't quit get me as dark as I like to be sometimes. This just adds that extra glow and color that I need and no need to wait a long time for the color to develop. It doesn't look orange and can be used by itself as well to give a see through glow when not using other self tanners. It's moisturizing and blends well when rubbed in but it isn't fool proof on hands and feet if you don't have a base color in my opinion....but then again the only self tanners I can get to look right on my hands and feet are spray tanners. Takes a little more than a few minutes to dry but still not long although I wouldn't recommend wearing white after applying. It does give a little sparkle that illuminates your skin and has a light floral scent that smells nice and isn't overwhelming. It is a little expensive but I don't use it very often. I only sunless tan on occasion due to sensitivity to sunless tan formulas.....they all make me break out if I use them all the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by bcbrosemer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best self-tanner I've tried. It applies well, dries quickly, and leaves a nice touch of color. The tint makes it really easy to see where you've applied it. I also like the shimmer, it feels like I dressed up my legs a bit. It doesn't give a ton of color, more like evens out skin tones and disguises imperfections. But what color it does give is even and fades very naturally, no blotches or obvious patches. I have only applied one layer at a time though, so I'm not sure how well it layers up.
I honestly don't really notice the smell. I'm not that sensitive though.
It is a bit expensive, but I only use it once a week or so. One tube will last me all summer. The tube can be a bit slippery when you are applying it, so be aware of that. Otherwise an overall great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by avenged1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I've used this for years. It has that typical tan smell and I find it takes ages to dry on my skin, but I mix it with the Lancome Flash Bronzer Mousse Magique Autobronzante(well smells amazing, leaves skin silky but I find if used alone gives a light yellowish colour). Mixing the two means the smell is not as bad, skin is extra soft, get a fab colour and it dries into skin much quicker

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Love, love, love this product! Can be applied quickly when in a rush or layered up for a more intense colour. Not to be restricted to leg use only: great as overall body tanning agent too.
On the downside though: retains that unmistakable self-tan 'caramel' scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Helenstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is actually a review for the Lancome Flash Bronzer Body Gel, not the leg.
According to the lady at the Lancome counter, the biggest difference is shimmer (which washes off in the shower anyway).
This is the first department store branded self tanner I've used and i think it's miiiilllles better than any other one I've used.
Minimal tanner scent (tanner smell only appeared after about 4 hours), no streaks or splotches, easy enough to use the tube with gloved hands, non sticky, dries very well and doesn't transfer onto white bed sheets at all!
The only negative I guess is that there was only one 'shade', and if there was an option, i would have chosen a deeper colour. No problem though, I'll just do another coating tomorrow and look awesome on my trip to Mexico!

Note, I did use it with this product with the St Tropez tanning glove/mitt, and it worked wonders!