July 28, 2014 | 1828 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Golden Slumbers

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Hellopretty22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a HUGE fan of Lush bath products, but I was not impressed with this one at all.

First off, the bomb itself smelled lovely but once it was actually put in the bath I smelled nothing.

Secondly, the look is kindly gross. There's no color in the water at all unlike other Lush bombs, and the little pieces of lavender looked like little Fruit flies floating around the tub with me.

Overall, I will NOT be purchasing Golden Slumber again.

In my opinion if you want to try a Sleepy bath bomb, use The Twilight one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The smell was lovely, but it didn't really really fizz up at all. It made my skin feel nice, but the smell didnt really last too long after I was out of the bath. Another downer, after the bath there were lavender seeds EVERYWHERE. Clogged up my drain! Will not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by megansi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love most of the bath bombs that I try from LUSH. You could say I am kind of addicted even. This one did not live up to the others standards but it wasn't bad. Good scent, lasts long, and is relaxing but it doesn't leave your skin with that overall soft feeling that a lot of the bath bombs usually do. Would not purchase this one again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by radiantflux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Considering this did nothing, it was pretty horrible value. I love LUSH- I generally am not a bath person. But was willing to give it a shot with a bathbomb. I didn't find this did anything for my skin, made the water feel differently, or did much of anything. It smelled awesome in my hand as a solid, but once I put it in the water it didn't smell like anything. I originally put half in because I have read most of their bath bombs/bars/melts are very generous- and the thing was huge. Nothing really smelled, so I figured I needed the whole bomb- but that didn't really add anything, just more lavender to the bath. The residue of the little lavenders didn't bother me, I rather looked forward to the all-natural ingredient-included product, but it didn't smell like lavender in the water!! I am willing to give baths another go, but this was a disappointing start to give it a go. And for the price, I would at least hope it would do something to my bath.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by mmmagique

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Totally boring bath bomb.

I didn't look at it closely before putting it in, and actually thought I had a dragon's egg. Unfortunately I was mistaken.

The scent is almost non-existent in the bath. The only way to REALLY smell it, is to pick up one of the millions of pieces of lavendar and squeeze it between your fingers. You will not smell pretty afterwards. You will not smell like anything. You will, however, get to spray all those lavendar bits down the drain. (they like to hide in your shower curtain so be careful!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by ralkire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Golden Slumbers smelled really nice, but overall I would give this bomb an average rating. I definitely wasn't expecting all of the lavender bits from it and I was actually kind of hoping for a soft golden shimmer from the flecks of glitter which sadly didn't happen. The scent was very pretty but extremely light and usually after a LUSH bath my husband tries to guess what I smell like but this time my skin was barely scented at all... ): Another thing I noticed is my skin didn't seem noticeably softer or smoother with this bomb (unlike Avobath which I used last week) so that was a bit disappointing. In the end, it smelled very pretty and doesn't have an overwhelming scent, and the lavender helped me to relax and enjoy my bath a bit more, but I do not plan on re-purchasing this product as I love other LUSH bombs more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

mine was not golden for one. In the bag its a nice subtle lavendar scent. I was hoping it would be similar to Lavendar Blissard, but this was actually really weak. I hardly got any fragrance in the tub from it, or on my skin. And it sure didnt make me sleepy.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer_Mc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A word of warning - hard twig-like pieces of lavender are inside this bath bomb and it makes the bath look totally gross. I didn't even get in the tub for this one, it was so disgusting. If you don't like bathing in this kind of stuff, I definitely recommend that you use a nylon stocking to prevent the bath water from getting innundated with scraps of lavender. I was very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2007 12:41:00 PM More reviews by araisin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was a really nice bath bomb. I'm not a huge Lavender fan, but I really enjoyed the fragrance of this bomb. The sprigs of lavener that came out of this bomb were a nice touch. And like some others mentioned, I was glad that the golden glitter that was visible on the surface of the unsued bomb dissolved nicely once it soaked in the water. I'm not interested in having bits of glitter in delicate areas! :)

Lovely, fresh aroma. Very nice bath bomb.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2007 6:22:00 AM More reviews by meenz

Golden Slumbers is OK. The SA insisted I cocktail this with dreamtime.. smells very very light if you're not *that* into lavender scents. I think the best thing about this is that you can break it into four and use it with a bubble bar and get the best value in comparison to the other bath bombs.