October 1, 2014 | 1966 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Dove Advanced Care Sheer Therapy for Severely Damaged Hair

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by cutiecupcake1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

it smells good but hate it.it made my hair sticky

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by teendian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Makes my hair amazingly soft and actually works wonderfully. My dry ends of my hair are so much better with the dove line of shanpoos/conditioners.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

I have fine, bleached, slightly damaged elbow-length hair that needs washing every 1-2 days.

I can't say this Dove "Dry Therapy"made a whole lot of difference, I'm still getting split ends and my hair is still quite dry (on the first day it's okay, second day it gets worse, on the third day it bears some resemblance to straw). But I didn't expect it to work miracles. It overall works well as an average shampoo, giving a good lather.

Personally I wouldn't repurchase this because of the average 'hair' smell it leaves (I prefer the scent of Herbal Essences and Garnier), but I feel this deserves a 'Yes'. And the slight egg-shaped bottle is somewhat cute, although the description on the back is rather vague.

- - -
PRICE [2] | PACKAGING [4] | REPURCHASE [maybe]

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by miss_hollywood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this shampoo, it smells amazing and I feel that it has improved the quality of my hair. The only thing I don't like about it though is that it makes my hair feel sort of stiff after i wash it out. I usually end up using a deep conditioner afterwards, and all's well. I've been using it for months now and and will continue to do so. It's a great shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by LeiMar86

Not a huge fan of this product. After the first use, my hair did feel nice and soft, but in the following days, it just made my hair a greasy mess. My husband uses this and has no problems, so maybe it's better suited for those with normal hair? I have fairly oily hair, and this product did nothing but add to that problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by SolangeAtira

This shampoo is amazing. Prior to using it, my hair was a fried, frazzled mess... split ends and broken all to pieces. I've been using it for several weeks with incredible results. My hair is soft and bouncy and full of "life". This is definitely HG material!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by charmandluck

well, i had a coupon for this, and my hair is damaged, and i am getting a haircut wendsday. So, i just used this, an hour ago. and my hair smells soooo good and feels so clean!dove is probaly the only product i can RELY on

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by KatieBeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this shampoo. I had to switch to the advance color therapy after getting my hair lightened. It works great also. I LOVE Dove!!!!!!

Update: After going to get my hair bleached, the lady doing my hair said Dove isn't the best for color treated hair. I thought it was the best but now I have to change that......Nexxus color assure is the ONE! I use the shampoo, conditioner, and heat spray. My hair looks like it's never been damaged.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by allisonmfitz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have started to become loyal to Dove, ever since I tried their exfoliating body bar-- probably one of the best products I've used in the shower! Without straying too far off now, I bought this shampoo thinking I'd have the same amazing results. I fryed my hair 3 weeks ago and it is still repairing; After 1 week this shampoo doesn't have any noticable results, but it may be too soon.
Edit-- After one week of further use, I have noticed significant results and am starting to really like this shampoo!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by CreativeWit

In the past, I had tried the Dove "Extra Volume" line. It worked wonders for a while, and then stopped working dead cold.

So, when I received a sample of the Dove Advanced Care in our Sunday paper, I skeptically thought "Well it couldn't hurt to try it out on my color-treated thin but sometimes frizzy hair." And you know what... I loved it. It actually gave my hair tons of volume and made it feel healthy at the same time, which usually does NOT happen. Like the other Dove products (for me at least) this shampoo/conditioner work for a while, then I have to switch out and use another shampoo/conditioner. When I come back to the Dove, it works again. Horray! Repeat cycle.

I will say that I concentrate the conditioner on my ends. Very light on the roots.