November 26, 2014 | 997 users online

Moisturizers - Aveda - Hydrating Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by babygirl95

I have used this for almost a year and I love it. It is the perfect lightweight lotion. It moisturizes just enough without leaving my combination skin greasy or shiny looking. It has lavender and aloe which calms down any redness and jojoba oil which is the oil that mimics the oil that skin naturally produces. I will definitely be repurchasing. This is the perfect lotion. I have no complaints. It is $19 for a 5 oz. bottle but that bottle will last a long time because you only need a little bit of this lotion to moisturize. I love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The thing i love the most about this product is the scent. The scent is light and natural, it smells so good. Its a light moisturizer which is perfect for summer, not oily and absorbs into the skin fast. Does not contain petrolum ingredients and parabens.

It comes in a huge glass bottle, 150ml which is strange for a face moisturiser. The only drawback for me is the huge price tag.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by lycn4717

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had loved this lotion at first. I bought the smaller travel size to try it out, i loved how light it was and how quickly it absorbed into my skin.

After i finished that one, i bought the bigger (medium) size bottle, and was very pleased with that. after i had used that one up, i figured might as well go for the BIG one..

sadly, after i got the big one, somehow it doesn't seem to work as well. I know its due to the fact my skin and face has changed.

It leaves me oily and doesn't moisturize enough, now i have a HUGE bottle and dont know what to do with it. :(
maybe after a few months of not using it, my skin might like it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by mekuko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Simply, I just can not say enough about this lotion; I have been using it for over half year now, still more than one quarter left. I use it every morning, and every other night when I donít do the intensive skincare treatment.

I am really picky when coming to skincare products, because I will break out if I donít careful about choosing the products. I have combination skin type; rich and heavy moisturizer will block my pores and make me really oily and shiny, not really flattery. The texture of this lotion is really light, so it absorbs easily and leaves skin baby soft and hydrating.

It doesnít smell a lot, really natural planty smell supposedly from the ingredients that contains. It honestly reminds me the Sisleyís compound lotion which costs about £120; which is ridiculous price. It has the similar texture, effect on skin but 1 quarter of the price, which deserves a big WOW.

I do wish it contains some SPF tho if I have to say something about it, also the glass bottle as well, not good for travelling.

Apart from that, I will keep purchasing it until I discover something else; so far, so good.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by livetodance

This is my favorite moisturizer thus far. It is not too oily, thick or greasy. It is very light and a little lotion goes a long way. A $50 bottle lasts me about a year and I use it daily. Excellent under my MAC Studio Fix powder. I find that I do get oily skin however in warm weather; not sure if this moisturizer has anything to do with it though. I really wish that it came with an SPF.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by ComplexBeauty09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

What a great product! I use just a small squirt for my face and neck and it sinks right in leaving skin hydrated. In a way I feel this is a simple moisturizer perfect for most if not all skin but it's not simple in that it doesn't do its job to the fullest. I look forward to using this after cleansing as the smell is so comforting and really makes me feel pampered. Sometimes I layer this moisturizer with something a little heavier for when my skin needs more moisture.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by ridemeBIGsheldon

I wish I could love this stuff. It's in some lovely packaging (although it's glass, which isn't the greatest), and a pump top, which is very admirable, however I'm certain it broke me me out. The product seems a little too rich for anything more than combo skin, however it's not very emollient. Scent is nice and fresh too, however doesn't affect the product IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Starseven

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. It moisturises, smells fantastic, isn't expensive for the amount in the bottle and absorbs quickly and easily. Lately I've tried YSL, Clarins and Lancome looking for the perfect moisturiser and now I've found it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by kawright

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was really disappointed by this product. It was simultaneously too oily and not moisturizing enough. I love Aveda hair products, so when I bought the sample Botanical Kinetics skincare kit, I was expecting to be impressed. I am so glad I only bought the sample size, because I would definitely not want to be stuck with more of this lotion. The one thing I can say that I loved about it was the smell, which was a fabulous green scent, very light and fresh. But other than that, it was basically a waste of money. It left my skin shiny and oily-looking, even when I only used the tiniest amount, and did nothing for the dry patches. My skin looked and felt worse after using this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by pootiebear1031

I used this moisturizer when I was using the aveda skin care line. This is a great moisturizer. It is not too greasy and the moisturizer kept my skin soft and hydrated. I never had to worry about dry patches or oily spots on my skin. I may have to go back to using this one because I am having problems with dry spots now due to the winter weather. This is great for combination skin. The lotion contains lavender and camomile. The hydrating lotion is kind of pricey. A 5 fl oz cost about 32.00.