July 29, 2014 | 2029 users online

Gels/Soaps - Trader Joe's - Oatmeal and Honey Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by pvining

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is absolutely the best soap I have ever used, hands down! I periodically make special trips over to Trader Joe's just to stock up on this soap, buying 10 or 12 bars at a time. It makes a very creamy lather, is gentle on my sensitive skin, rinses easily, has almost no fragrance (which is a plus, for me), and is great for shaving my legs and underarms. And the price is right, at about $1 a bar. My husband and daughter are hooked on this soap, too. We will keep buying this forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by outofherhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a couple of years now. I orinally bought it for the scent which I find heavenly and in no way overpowering. I have used it for shaving my legs and think it works nicely for that.

For as moisturizing as it feels, I do feel it washes off cleanly. Most recently I have started using it on my face, hasn't dried it out yet, seems mild. Price wise I don't think you can go wrong. I keep it at my condo at the beach and friends seem to really like it. I highly recommend it. Much cheaper than a lot of other natural bar soaps.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by TeeCeeGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Starting in my teens, I was getting dry skin patches on my body, but mostly on the inside of my arms. It was very noticeable and I hated it. I was caking on lotions that would moisturize, but you could still see the dry skin because the lotions just couldn't penetrate deep enough to solve the problem. About 3 years ago, my sister gave me a bar of this soap because she said she LOVED the smell. Lol. So, I smelled it and yes, it smells so good. It's a light oatmeal with a slight honey and spice smell. Very pleasant. I took it home and showered with it. I have a scrubbing glove and I used this soap accompanied by my scrubbing glove. There isn't a huge amount of lather, but just enough to make you feel like you're getting clean. Now, once again, my sister didn't recommend this to me for my skin, just the smell, so I didn't think anything would happen to benefit my skin. But the very first time I used it, when I got out of my shower and dried off, I happened to notice my arms. There was a remarkable difference in the appearance of my dry patchy skin! I couldn't believe it. I put lotion on and for the first time in years, I felt like maybe I had found something that was going to solve my problem. I continued to use this as my regular soap every time I showered and within the first 2 weeks, my problem was 95% gone!
It's 3 years later and I have been using this as my regular soap. I have repurchased countless times even if I have to go out of my way to go to Trader Joe's and it's the only thing I need to purchase there at that time. Occasionally, I have run out and have had to use my husband's Irish Spring soap and every time, I am so nervous I'll get out of the shower and have my dry patchy arms again. But I think this Oatmeal Honey soap has done such wonders for my skin that it'll take at least a few uses of a harsh soap to get my skin back to being as bad as it was. So I stand by this soap and will repurchase it forever. Sometimes, I get the temptation to try something new because there are so many great smelling soaps out there but then I think "why fix it if it isn't broken?" Lol. This smells SO good on my skin after my shower and has benefited my skin so much, there isn't a need for me to try anything else.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by elakia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This soap left my skin dry!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by wombatqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I live in a desert, so my over 50 skin can get drum skin tight. Especially in the late Summer. I won't even go near shower gels, and wish I could get all of the money back I wasted on bar soaps-drugstore and homemade.

I tried this on a whim, because it is so cheap. It's my HG soap now. I love the way it smells. I usually don't have scent sensitivity. But since perimenopause hit, I can't wear and use favorite scents. This doesn't bother me at all. My skin is soft, and I feel clean, there is residue. No other bar soap has come to working this well for me. I highly recommend it. Especially for mature skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by HaleyBear92

first off i just want to say that about 4-5 months ago i started going through another hormonal change...i'm 20 years old and i think this happens to everyone but for me this hormonal change caused my face to break out with acne and the acne would just continuously break out...and no matter what i tried to do...it just wouldn't go away...i've used aprocot scrubs, proactive, olay products, acne clensers....and NOTHING WORKED...until Trader Joe's Grocery Shopping day with my dad came along and i found this Oatmeal honey soap. through my prior reasearch of acne and DIY projects of making oatmeal and honey masques at home...i learned that Honey has natural antibacterial qualities, and oatmeal has soothing qualities. So i proceeded to buy the soap...take it home and use it to clense my face before bed. at this point i had given up trying to rid my skin of acne cuz i believed that nothing would work. but after washing my face i applied some vitamine e cream and went to sleep...when i woke up i noticed my face had a refreshed look to it...and so i continued this for the last 2 weeks...my face has completely cleared up! i would recommend this to anyone who has acne problems...i know its hard to get to a trader joe's store but you can order stuff online and this is worth it! its reasonably priced and theres 2 bars per package which is good! it should last you at least 2 months. i usually was my face with this bar once in the morning (in the shower before work) and then in the evening after taking my makeup off and before i go to bed! works like a charm! this soap has changed my life!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by jenniro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this soap. I am a lover of good soaps, and I think this one is pretty good. The best thing about it is that it's cheap! Other pros: it smells like oatmeal cookies, it doesn't get slimey/mushy, and it comes with 2 in a package.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I saw YT review for this and assumed it was a creamy oatmeal and honey scent. I should have checked reviews first because it has a spicy bite to it that I really cannot stand... not just cinnamon. Lathers well and is very inexpensive but the scent has me giving away the second bar and I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

All natural. Soft fragrance with a hint of cinnamon. Lathers beautifully. Soothes my dry itchy skin leaving it feeling clean and soft. I can skip lotion if I'm running late. The price is really affordable for the quality level. This soap made me a natural soap convert. The only downside is that we don't have Trader Joe's in Canada so, I have to stock up when I go to the United States.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by BeeBonnet

As others have already said, this soap is a great find, especially pricewise. Natural ingredients, long lasting, creamy lather, moisturizing, and the scent is soothing and light... like oatmeal cookies. What's not to love?