Garnier FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

3.5

I used this about 5 or 6 years ago when I had bleached hair. Despite being a platinum blonde, I always had extremely manageable, shiny, healthy hair. I had ran out and tossed the empty bottle, kind of forgetting about it altogether. Since then I have been paying so much for "high end" brands because I started to experience some damage from the bleach. I didn't think to get a product I could buy for under $5 at the drugstore, I just started pouring my money into Kerastase, Joico, It's a 10, Alterna, Macadamia Naturals, MoroccanOil, sooo many more - and while I have found several products that I love by trying so many new things, literally the majority, and I mean at least 90%, have never been repurchase-worthy. Finally while at the drugstore, I spotted this, and was immediately brought back to faint but positive memories, so I picked it up. I like the scent, the non-greasy/weighed down feeling (it actually sustains my volume), no crunchy/stiff/protein depositing texture, and the affect it has of conditioning and protecting my hair. So not only does it smell super fruity and amazing, it does what it claims very well, and without any of the negative affects I get from MOST leave-ins AKA greasy hair or crunchy ends. Also, the price is unbelievable for the amount you get. If I recall this probably lasted me 6-9 months when I was using it in the past. I will obviously repurchase this in the distant future when I run out!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Good leave in conditioner for my thick dry hair. It can leave hair oily when its really hot weather.
This didn't do anything for my the frizz in humid east Texas..it just gave my hair some moise so it doesn't look so dry.

on 7/27/2014 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have really long, thick, wavy/curly hair that likes to poof up when I let it air dry. I apply a quarter size amount to hair out of the shower, then wrap it in a towel. I normally use a salt spray afterwards.
This product makes my hair incredibly soft and absolutely NO crunchiness! :) I find it does cut down on some frizz, but it could make my hair a little more smoother. Best part- it doesn't make my hair greasy or product-ridden AND IT SMELLS SO GOOD! like citrusy!
This is a pretty good leave-in if you're going "natural". I would definitely try it!

on 7/21/2014 3:38:00 AM

I have very thick, fluffy, curly/wavy, frizzy hair and this product did absolutely nothing for me. It left my hair feeling kinda crunchy and dry, and it didn't make it any softer. The only good thing was the smell.... I will not buy this product again!

on 6/8/2014 5:33:00 AM

I initially bought this product for my (mixed) daughter. She has extremely dry ends and I needed something to smooth and condition her hair. It made her curls beautifully coil up and bouncy. But, it wasn't quite thick enough on those darn ends and her hair still frizzed up in humidity. BUT! Tonight after swimming I decided to use it on my hair to put some moisture back into it. It really smoothed out my frizz, my hair is so soft, and it made my waves bouncy and shiny. I did still have a little frizz but only in very dry places. Overall this is a great product. And I absolutely adore the fruity smell!

on 5/20/2014 7:35:00 PM

This leave-conditioning cream was okay. The first time I used it after bleaching my hair twice it made my hair significantly softer and easier to detangle. After using this several more times I feel like my hair isn't being affected as well as it did before. When I run it through my hair, my hair gets heavy and it doesn't spread as easily. The parts where it didn't spread as good becomes hard after a while. For the price it's alright. I wouldn't buy it again because it didn't give me the results I wanted. When you're in the market for a leave-in conditioner, especially for people with a lot of damage, you should opt for the more expensive products because most of the time it includes quality ingrediants that will give you the results you want.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This leave in creme helped me restore the health of my thick long hair for a long time. I've ran out of it and plan on repurchasing soon. It really helped me maintain straight hair for a longer time after styling it and made a huge difference on its texture. Made my hair easier to brush and detangle after washing it without making it feel heavy and gross. It smells great, the bottle will last a long time, and the price is reasonable. I really recommend this for women with long, thick. coarse, dry hair!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this products for years! It is one of my holy grail hair items that is always in my hair product basket and have been repurchasing it over and over. I put a loonie size amount in the palm of my hand, work it through my hair and blow dry my hair straight. When its time to pull my flat iron through it my hair is smooth, sleek and super straight with no fly aways and my hair stays like that all day long even in the summer.

I had a hard time trying to find this last summer and was scared it was discontinued but I guess everywhere was just sold out because I always see it on the shelves lately (thank god). This stuff doesn't weigh my hair down or make it super greasy - I can easily get 2 days out of my shampoo with this in my hair (I find some products make my hair greasy super fast). This product is cheap and easily obtained at my local grocery or drugstores. The bottles lasts me forever and it smells absolutely amazing. I have nothing bad to say about this product. I have and will repurchase and always recommend it when people ask how I got my hair so smooth and straight! Love love love this stuff!!

on 4/13/2014 4:37:00 PM

Absolutely horrible, I think I ripped out half of my hair using this leave-in. That may sound like an exaggeration but the fallout I experienced was MASSIVE. I don't trust any Garnier products now because of it.
Made my hair feel weighed-down and sticky, did nothing for me as far as softening or smoothing. I only used it a couple of times before I threw it away, and I wish I hadn't given it that much of a chance. It really added to the damage I had at the time. Satan in a bottle.

on 4/13/2014 4:05:00 PM

Been using this since I was in middle school and I am now almost 22 years old. Always have and always will love this stuff. It tames my frizz and leaves my hair smooth and shiny. It's never heavy or greasy. This helps my hair blow dry smooth, soft, and also leaves my hair smelling great. Love Garnier Fructis products!

Popular Styling Products