Garnier FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

3.5

on 7/1/2015 10:48:00 PM

I'm not a fan of Garnier shampoo/conditioner but their leave-in products are poetry.
They smell great, don't make my hair greasy and disgusting, and after a thorough wash, this one lets the brush glide right through my hair.
I only use a tiny bit and my shampoo is usually a clarifier because I HATE feeling unclean and weighed-down. This gives my curls a light, bouncy texture and when used with the serum, it looks shiny. I live in absolute humidity and this saved me.

on 6/27/2015 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so glad I found this! My HG anti-frizz and leave in conditioner product. I have very thick, coarse, wavy, and very frizz-prone hair. Especially in humidity, my hair is so frizzy and tangled that I don't even know what to do with it. I bought this on a recommendation from a YouTuber, and wow, am I glad I tried this! I apply this on wet hair before brushing my hair out with my tangle teezer and this smooths and conditions my hair and makes it so soft. In the morning, I have absolutely no frizz! I have tested this in high humidity and it still keeps my hair not poofy and not frizzy! This is a very thick cream that could weigh down fine hair, so I would only recommend this to girls with thick and frizzy hair.

on 3/5/2015 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I started using this stuff back in high school, am now 20, and still use it after every shower. I shower in the evening, let my hair air dry for about 1-2 hours, apply this, then go to bed after some time. Helps me from waking up with the craziest frizziest hair. Really like the smell, and there is so much product that just one bottle lasts me more than a year even when using it almost every night!

I used this about 5 or 6 years ago when I had bleached hair. Despite being a platinum blonde, I always had extremely manageable, shiny, healthy hair. I had ran out and tossed the empty bottle, kind of forgetting about it altogether. Since then I have been paying so much for "high end" brands because I started to experience some damage from the bleach. I didn't think to get a product I could buy for under $5 at the drugstore, I just started pouring my money into Kerastase, Joico, It's a 10, Alterna, Macadamia Naturals, MoroccanOil, sooo many more - and while I have found several products that I love by trying so many new things, literally the majority, and I mean at least 90%, have never been repurchase-worthy. Finally while at the drugstore, I spotted this, and was immediately brought back to faint but positive memories, so I picked it up. I like the scent, the non-greasy/weighed down feeling (it actually sustains my volume), no crunchy/stiff/protein depositing texture, and the affect it has of conditioning and protecting my hair. So not only does it smell super fruity and amazing, it does what it claims very well, and without any of the negative affects I get from MOST leave-ins AKA greasy hair or crunchy ends. Also, the price is unbelievable for the amount you get. If I recall this probably lasted me 6-9 months when I was using it in the past. I will obviously repurchase this in the distant future when I run out!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Good leave in conditioner for my thick dry hair. It can leave hair oily when its really hot weather.
This didn't do anything for my the frizz in humid east Texas..it just gave my hair some moise so it doesn't look so dry.

on 7/27/2014 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have really long, thick, wavy/curly hair that likes to poof up when I let it air dry. I apply a quarter size amount to hair out of the shower, then wrap it in a towel. I normally use a salt spray afterwards.
This product makes my hair incredibly soft and absolutely NO crunchiness! :) I find it does cut down on some frizz, but it could make my hair a little more smoother. Best part- it doesn't make my hair greasy or product-ridden AND IT SMELLS SO GOOD! like citrusy!
This is a pretty good leave-in if you're going "natural". I would definitely try it!

on 7/21/2014 3:38:00 AM

I have very thick, fluffy, curly/wavy, frizzy hair and this product did absolutely nothing for me. It left my hair feeling kinda crunchy and dry, and it didn't make it any softer. The only good thing was the smell.... I will not buy this product again!

on 6/8/2014 5:33:00 AM

I initially bought this product for my (mixed) daughter. She has extremely dry ends and I needed something to smooth and condition her hair. It made her curls beautifully coil up and bouncy. But, it wasn't quite thick enough on those darn ends and her hair still frizzed up in humidity. BUT! Tonight after swimming I decided to use it on my hair to put some moisture back into it. It really smoothed out my frizz, my hair is so soft, and it made my waves bouncy and shiny. I did still have a little frizz but only in very dry places. Overall this is a great product. And I absolutely adore the fruity smell!

on 5/20/2014 7:35:00 PM

This leave-conditioning cream was okay. The first time I used it after bleaching my hair twice it made my hair significantly softer and easier to detangle. After using this several more times I feel like my hair isn't being affected as well as it did before. When I run it through my hair, my hair gets heavy and it doesn't spread as easily. The parts where it didn't spread as good becomes hard after a while. For the price it's alright. I wouldn't buy it again because it didn't give me the results I wanted. When you're in the market for a leave-in conditioner, especially for people with a lot of damage, you should opt for the more expensive products because most of the time it includes quality ingrediants that will give you the results you want.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This leave in creme helped me restore the health of my thick long hair for a long time. I've ran out of it and plan on repurchasing soon. It really helped me maintain straight hair for a longer time after styling it and made a huge difference on its texture. Made my hair easier to brush and detangle after washing it without making it feel heavy and gross. It smells great, the bottle will last a long time, and the price is reasonable. I really recommend this for women with long, thick. coarse, dry hair!