Garnier FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

3.5

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Behentrimonium Chloride, Pyrus Malus Extract/Apple Fruit Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trideceth-6, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCl, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Citric Acid, Saccharum Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, CI 19140/Yellow 5, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/Lemon Peel Extract, CI 15985/Yellow 6, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract. F.I.L. D46895/1.

on 8/8/2015 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I keep forgetting how good this cream is. Just like everyone else, I keep wasting my money on more expensive things when at the end of the day, I just always come back to this. It's so cheap (sometimes on sale for as little as 3 bucks) and just plain effective. I put a pearl amount into damp hair without anything else after shampoo and conditioner before drying. It does the job perfectly without much bells and whistles. It's just a shame that I threw out my last bottle with a bunch of my other cheaper products when I moved. Spotting this review page made me regret that decision. Now I gotta go shell out another 5 bucks to get a new one! Haha! The packaging though, is a real pain. You'll need to make it stand upside down at the end of the bottle to get everything out. The cream is pretty thick but at least it flows. Any hooblah, I definitely won't complain much for the huge size and the great formulation. Beware of the amodimethicone though, if you don't have the habit of using a clarifying shampoo (one without 'cones and quat's) this cream might cause dullness with longterm use.

This is my HG leave in! I've used it for so long and it has never failed me! It leaves my 3a/3b curls so soft, shiny, and hydrated. AND it's dirt cheap! The only downside about it is that it can make your hair feel greasy if you apply too much. But once you figure out how much is enough for your hair then you're good to go! :)

on 7/1/2015 10:48:00 PM

I'm not a fan of Garnier shampoo/conditioner but their leave-in products are poetry.
They smell great, don't make my hair greasy and disgusting, and after a thorough wash, this one lets the brush glide right through my hair.
I only use a tiny bit and my shampoo is usually a clarifier because I HATE feeling unclean and weighed-down. This gives my curls a light, bouncy texture and when used with the serum, it looks shiny. I live in absolute humidity and this saved me.

on 6/27/2015 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so glad I found this! My HG anti-frizz and leave in conditioner product. I have very thick, coarse, wavy, and very frizz-prone hair. Especially in humidity, my hair is so frizzy and tangled that I don't even know what to do with it. I bought this on a recommendation from a YouTuber, and wow, am I glad I tried this! I apply this on wet hair before brushing my hair out with my tangle teezer and this smooths and conditions my hair and makes it so soft. In the morning, I have absolutely no frizz! I have tested this in high humidity and it still keeps my hair not poofy and not frizzy! This is a very thick cream that could weigh down fine hair, so I would only recommend this to girls with thick and frizzy hair.

on 3/5/2015 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I started using this stuff back in high school, am now 20, and still use it after every shower. I shower in the evening, let my hair air dry for about 1-2 hours, apply this, then go to bed after some time. Helps me from waking up with the craziest frizziest hair. Really like the smell, and there is so much product that just one bottle lasts me more than a year even when using it almost every night!

I used this about 5 or 6 years ago when I had bleached hair. Despite being a platinum blonde, I always had extremely manageable, shiny, healthy hair. I had ran out and tossed the empty bottle, kind of forgetting about it altogether. Since then I have been paying so much for "high end" brands because I started to experience some damage from the bleach. I didn't think to get a product I could buy for under $5 at the drugstore, I just started pouring my money into Kerastase, Joico, It's a 10, Alterna, Macadamia Naturals, MoroccanOil, sooo many more - and while I have found several products that I love by trying so many new things, literally the majority, and I mean at least 90%, have never been repurchase-worthy. Finally while at the drugstore, I spotted this, and was immediately brought back to faint but positive memories, so I picked it up. I like the scent, the non-greasy/weighed down feeling (it actually sustains my volume), no crunchy/stiff/protein depositing texture, and the affect it has of conditioning and protecting my hair. So not only does it smell super fruity and amazing, it does what it claims very well, and without any of the negative affects I get from MOST leave-ins AKA greasy hair or crunchy ends. Also, the price is unbelievable for the amount you get. If I recall this probably lasted me 6-9 months when I was using it in the past. I will obviously repurchase this in the distant future when I run out!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Good leave in conditioner for my thick dry hair. It can leave hair oily when its really hot weather.
This didn't do anything for my the frizz in humid east Texas..it just gave my hair some moise so it doesn't look so dry.

on 7/27/2014 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have really long, thick, wavy/curly hair that likes to poof up when I let it air dry. I apply a quarter size amount to hair out of the shower, then wrap it in a towel. I normally use a salt spray afterwards.
This product makes my hair incredibly soft and absolutely NO crunchiness! :) I find it does cut down on some frizz, but it could make my hair a little more smoother. Best part- it doesn't make my hair greasy or product-ridden AND IT SMELLS SO GOOD! like citrusy!
This is a pretty good leave-in if you're going "natural". I would definitely try it!

on 7/21/2014 3:38:00 AM

I have very thick, fluffy, curly/wavy, frizzy hair and this product did absolutely nothing for me. It left my hair feeling kinda crunchy and dry, and it didn't make it any softer. The only good thing was the smell.... I will not buy this product again!

on 6/8/2014 5:33:00 AM

I initially bought this product for my (mixed) daughter. She has extremely dry ends and I needed something to smooth and condition her hair. It made her curls beautifully coil up and bouncy. But, it wasn't quite thick enough on those darn ends and her hair still frizzed up in humidity. BUT! Tonight after swimming I decided to use it on my hair to put some moisture back into it. It really smoothed out my frizz, my hair is so soft, and it made my waves bouncy and shiny. I did still have a little frizz but only in very dry places. Overall this is a great product. And I absolutely adore the fruity smell!

Popular Styling Products