Aussie Aussome Volume

3.2

Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, PPG 2 Hydroxyethyl Coco/Isostearamide, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium 10, Humulus Lupulas (Hops) Extract, Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Red 4

This stuff not only gives life to my flat hair, it seems to make my hair grow faster I've noticed.
I use both the shampoo and conditioner, towel dry and apply a dimesize amount of argan oil to my ends and sleep with it damp. Its super shiny and healthy looking by morning. Even my husband noticed how much its growing since starting this routine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this shampoo. The smell is pleasant. My hair is very flat so this combined with the conditioner gives my hair some life.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I totes agree with Mackenzie makes my hair feel all knotted up after a shower. I also am throwing this away and getting some other shampoo that will make me fabulous like always! ;).

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This shampoo sucks. I use it with the conditioner. Whenever I'm using this duo, my hair gets SO tangled. To the point where I'm getting split ends because it is so rough to brush out (I don't use any heat period on my hair so it's normally really healthy.)

I wake up with my hair matted and knotted. I think this shampoo just totally strips your hair of moisture, and the conditioner does nothing to replenish it. I guess this is acceptable because it doesn't claim to be a moisturizing product... but it doesn't give volume either, which is basically it's one claim. My hair just looks flat and frizzy... totally lifeless.

Also, for some reason the cap/lid is REALLY difficult to open.

I give this two lippies instead of just one because I suppose it DOES get my hair clean, and it smells okay. But I am throwing this out and going to buy a shampoo that actually does something good for my hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Do not see where the hype comes from. This product strips your hair and turns it into 'dry, not shining, not healthy'.

Not worth the money. There are much better shampoos out there (see Lush rehab shampoo for instance).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

For starters, I only use this shampoo not the conditioner. The shampoo itself doesn't give volume, I agree with other reviewers it just gives a cleaner strand of hair. That being said, I have super oily roots and dry ends and for some reason this shampoo has done wonders for that icky conundrum I've been in for months. My ends are still dry but significantly less since using other shampoos and my roots aren't as oily, especially on day 2. I used to be embarrassed by how much oil was in my hair on day 2 of not washing that I'd have to throw on a headband or just tie it up all together. But this shampoo has helped me get through day 2 with a little dry shampoo. Don't get me wrong, it's still oily, but not as oily as it could be. It also makes my hair feel a little thicker but I don't see any extra lift at my roots. So in all, it's a great shampoo for cleaning the hair and making it thicker, all the components of a volume shampoo, however for some reason it doesn't add volume, especially at the roots. I will buy again though for the oil control.

UPDATE: After a month of every other day usage this left my hair in the most obnoxious dichotomy ever. My roots began getting oily before the 1st day even ended, product would build up in my hair in less than a week after clarifying (a week for me is literally 3-4 washes), and it left my scalp ITCHY. I have developed dandruff from this and it's been a few weeks on a different shampoo and I still have flakes in my hair. This is the 2nd aussie product I've used that I cannot stand so I do not think I'll be going back to them ever again. Stay away, not matter how great the first few weeks feel.

I have used Aussie back when the bottles were still mostly white and some purple. However, either my hair changed, or the product changed. I used to have highlighted hair - and I loved both the volume and moist shampoo/conditioner out of this brand. Now that my hair has completely grown out and I have my natural (fine) hair color - the volume just leaves my hair clean and light to the touch, but FLAT. I've tried this stuff throughout the years when I think maybe something has changed - and yesterday - I finally just threw it out. This doesn't do volume (for me) in the sense of lift in my hair, it does volume in the sense of a lighter, cleaner strand. But no volume for me up top. My hair just hung.

This is seriously the best shampoo I ever tried. Amazing lather, fragrant, deep cleansing, packaged well so it doesn't leak, and on Amazon you can order giant pumps. This clarifies exceptionally, adds bounce and leaves my skin super clean.
The. Best. Wow.

I didn't like this shampoo/conditioner. I have thin oily hair and it feels like this shampoo/conditioner sucks every last bit of moisture out of my hair. It looks dry and frizzy. It didn't do anything at all for volume either. I'll finish the bottle because I don't like to waste things but I won't buy it again. I might try the moist next and hope for better results

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am a huge fan of this shampoo, although I do understand why many people dislike it.

The shampoo can be very drying and can leave the hair feeling almost stripped. This actually works to my benefit because I have very fine, limp, oily hair that has no texture and I also use styling products on a regular basis. I find that this removes all oil and residue while leaving my hair lighter. But it also can feel a bit stripped of moisture. This isn't a problem for me once I use the conditioner, but I can imagine that this is way too much cleansing for anyone with almost any other hair type. If you have dry or damaged hair avoid this at all costs. If you struggle with the same issues I do, definitely give this a try.

Like most of their products, it has a very heavy sweet scent that lingers forever. I'm usually very particular about scents, but I really like this one. Because scent is such a personal thing, definitely give it a sniff before you buy.

The packaging it comes in here in Europe, which is not the same as the one pictured above, is really hateful. After only a few uses it starts to fold in on itself and no longer stands up in the shower. I hang it upside down in my shower rack and it's ok, but I really wish they would use the really handy packaging they have for the 3 minute miracle treatments for the rest of their product line.

I love this shampoo and have been using it for a very long time, but I'd be hesitant to recommend it unless you have a similar hair type to mine.

Top Rated Aussie Products