October 21, 2014 | 2027 users online

Shampoo - Aussie - Aussome Volume

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by LillyMash

I didn't like this shampoo/conditioner. I have thin oily hair and it feels like this shampoo/conditioner sucks every last bit of moisture out of my hair. It looks dry and frizzy. It didn't do anything at all for volume either. I'll finish the bottle because I don't like to waste things but I won't buy it again. I might try the moist next and hope for better results

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by ahappyvalentine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm about halfway through my first bottle of this shampoo and I just had to write a review telling how much I like it. I've always been an every day shampooer but I've been able to skip 1-2 days using this shampoo and my hair still looks clean and shiny on those in-between days. It lathers very well and rinses out quickly and completely. My normally stick-straight hair now has wave and lots of body, and I no longer have to blow dry it to get a little volume. I don't have to use any other products after shampooing in an attempt to add a little body to my hair, they're just not needed any more. I also think my hair is in much better overall condition than it was before I started using Aussie Volume. The shampoo smells great but the scent isn't overpowering and doesn't linger.

While reading the reviews with all the varying opinions, I realized that the results probably depend on the type of hair being shampooed. I have medium length, fine, thick hair and this shampoo is perfect for it. I've never had a better performing shampoo at any price but the price is not bad. I paid $2.00 for a 12 oz bottle at my local Dollar General; not as cheap as Suave or Vo5, but then it's not in the same league with those shampoos either. I like it better than any high-dollar shampoo I've ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of this shampoo, although I do understand why many people dislike it.

The shampoo can be very drying and can leave the hair feeling almost stripped. This actually works to my benefit because I have very fine, limp, oily hair that has no texture and I also use styling products on a regular basis. I find that this removes all oil and residue while leaving my hair lighter. But it also can feel a bit stripped of moisture. This isn't a problem for me once I use the conditioner, but I can imagine that this is way too much cleansing for anyone with almost any other hair type. If you have dry or damaged hair avoid this at all costs. If you struggle with the same issues I do, definitely give this a try.

Like most of their products, it has a very heavy sweet scent that lingers forever. I'm usually very particular about scents, but I really like this one. Because scent is such a personal thing, definitely give it a sniff before you buy.

The packaging it comes in here in Europe, which is not the same as the one pictured above, is really hateful. After only a few uses it starts to fold in on itself and no longer stands up in the shower. I hang it upside down in my shower rack and it's ok, but I really wish they would use the really handy packaging they have for the 3 minute miracle treatments for the rest of their product line.

I love this shampoo and have been using it for a very long time, but I'd be hesitant to recommend it unless you have a similar hair type to mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by gorhamd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo. I've bought it over and over. For reference, I have fine, straight, very oily hair. I absolutely have to wash it every day or it is disgusting and flat. I use this shampoo every morning and it cleans my hair very thoroughly. It makes my hair bouncy and shiny. I buy the big bottles with a pump, so it's easy to dispense into my hand in the shower. I can understand why some people say this shampoo is drying. It cleanses so well it can be used as a clarifying shampoo. But that is the type of shampoo my hair needs. Hands down the best drugstore/cheap shampoo for people with flat, oily hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Pumpump

First time i tried it felt really dry and my hand also kind off stuck during the rinsing. Then i stop using it and switch to AQUAIR by shiseido which really gives your hair the moist and soft texture but then my hair gets oily very quick that i have to wash my hair everyday. Then i give aussie aussome volume another try and it feels different this time that i keep on using it. I feel my hair really clean using this shampoo and doesnt get oily anymore. Really love this product and i recommend this to those having oily hair. *my boyfriend is also using this but due to his dry scalp i guess, hes having a lot of dandruff so this is best for those who has oily scalp

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have given this Aussie Aussome Volume shampoo a chance on multiple occasions with different bottles over the course of a year. (I keep buying it, trying it, hoping for a better result, throwing it out, and buying it back.) After several trials, I've come to the conclusion that on my color treated (but not permed anymore) hair, this has got to be one of the most drying shampoos I've ever used. My hair feels like HAY after each use. It didn't result in bigger or fuller, volumized hair - only major flyaways. Therefore, this bottle is again going in the trash where it will stay and I will not be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

SMELLS GREAT! That is a first when trying out all Aussies products. This shampoo cleans my long hair fantastically but, I would not advise to use it everyday or it will dry out your hair and become tangly. I use this shampoo when my hair feels built up/oily/dirty/limp.

I did not see "wow" volume, but my hair is bouncy after this shampoo.

This shampoo is CHEAP :).

I call this an "easy" shampoo. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by karmenas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

cok begenerek kullaniyorum

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by pinksexyhair

This was my favorite shampoo in high school (when my hair was virgin, healthy, and pretty oily.) Now that I color treat my hair and heat style on a daily basis, my hair needs a lot more TLC. This shampoo is awful for my hair now. It is so miserably drying! It is so stripping and makes my hair feel like straw. Wish it still worked for my hair the way it did a couple years back. I absolutely adore the smell of it. Oh well :( don't recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by macshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This shampoo is nothing special. It cleans my hair. Any volume it adds it's negligible. It smells like any other typical drugstore shampoo. I wouldn't buy it again, but it's the shampoo I will take out when I have people staying the night and I don't want them to use my fancier shampoos. (Shhh)