Dove Sheer Moisture Shampoo

3.6

on 9/25/2012 9:11:00 PM

It seems like they put so much fragrance in this product, and whenever I use the shampoo, it always my head itches like crazy.
I will not recommend this product.

on 2/8/2008 12:15:00 PM

A much nicer product than the old dove shampoo that made my hair thick and dry. It gives more moisture and smooths my hair ^^.

on 1/5/2007 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great shampoo that can cut through the greasies from a coconut oil treatment but is still gentle enough to leave my scalp feeling clean without stripping or making my ends feel squeaky. I like the fresh dryer sheet thing the Dove smell has going on, too. HOWEVER: when comparing bottles at the drugstore, I noticed that the cheaper Moisturizing shampoo is EXACTLY the same formula as the Sheer Moisture! If you look on Dove's website, the ingredient lists are there, as well. Therefore, when my bottle runs out, I am saving my money and going for the regular Moisturizing.

on 11/24/2006 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the smell of dove products and hoped one of the formulas would work for me, but it never fails they weigh my hair down and dry it out even after only a couple of days of use :(

on 11/4/2006 7:28:00 PM

So, this is sort of my back-up, cheapo, good in a pinch shampoo. It definetely doesn't cause problems with my hair, which is thick, coarse, and wavy/curly with a tendency to frizz. The smell is nice and clean, and the lather is satisfying. But my hair still feels slightly dry (especially in colder weather), and my hair just looks....eh. Not horrible, but not fantastic (as it has looked on rare occasions with nicer shampoo). Like I said, good in a pinch.

on 10/30/2006 1:20:00 PM

I love the scent of this shampoo! It cleanses my oily roots/dry ends evenly without that squeaky dry feeling some drugstore brands do. However, I gave only 3 lippies because it tends to build up over time and leaves a greasy residue on the top layer of my hair near my part. If you use a clarifying shampoo once a week, should work great for somewhat dry hair!

on 10/22/2006 8:39:00 PM

nothing good for my hair. didnt work for me!!! i gave it to my sister.. maybe my hair is too dry and overbleached... will not buy again 2 lipies for its scent

on 9/16/2006 6:37:00 AM

I could get lost in the smell alone. Works great, leaves my hair feeling like silk. I'm an EMT, and I had a patient ask me how I got my hair to smell so good when I was bending over to take her blood pressure :) I'll keep buying this until it's discontinued, God forbid.

on 9/1/2006 8:07:00 PM

My friend who has unbelievably gorgeous hair and never buys salon products swears by Dove to keep her hair looking great. We essentially have the same hair type - fine but alot of it. I purchase the Sheer Moisture shampoo, conditioner and leave-in mist. The shampoo is very hydrating and didn't dry out my hair at all. Love the light, fresh scent. A nice drugstore find!

on 7/12/2006 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was awful. I don't recommend and won't repurchase.