July 25, 2014 | 1900 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 15 Normal/Dry Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by glamguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best foundation! I always but it again and again. The most recent one I bought was so thick it was hard to shake out of the tube. Goes on evenly, matches my skin color and stays put.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by limoncandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent foundation. I have acne prone skin, and it does not cause me any breakouts. Long lasting, non drying, and excellent color range. I use #180 Sand Beige, and am between NC20-25 on MAC foundations. A bit pricey for a drugstore foundation, I have tried high end foundations ( Benefit, Marc Jacobs, MAC, IT Cosmetics, etc) and it is more than worth it. Will continue to buy, have not found anything better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the newest Normal/Dry formula. I got it last week and really like it. It lasts on me ALL day, gives medium/full coverage. I got the shade fresh beige which is a good match for my light/medium olive skin tone. I didn't give a full 5 lippy rating due to limited shade range and lack of pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by gee1ny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is the best drugstore foundation out there! Good coverage, staying power and makes the skin look flawless. I like that I don't have to powder my face when using this since it seems to control oil very well. It also does great over dry skin, my face has been extremely dry lately because I wear benzoyl peroxide and it didnt accentuate them dry patches at all and rather covered them. So I would say it is great for all skin types which is awesome. Only downside is that it doesn't have any spf so make sure to use sun screen!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by fcanupp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this product out for the first time last month, May (rainy, dry, hot in the Northeast) since I had heard so many great reviews from vloggers and blogs. I have fair, dry to normal skin, which I take (or at least try :) ) care of by exfoliating, cleansing and moisterizing.

I will say that there were a nice, not a lot of, but a good amount of shades to choose from - and, I was actually able to find a shade that matched my skin tone! So major props to that, Revlon!! And, I will say the coverage was good (Medium) and applies very easily.

However, the things that made me not a huge fan of this foundation include the following: it stained my eyebrows and hairline. (side note: I'm really careful about where I place my makeup on my face and this STILL happened..how IDK), very drying (works okay for dry skin if the skin is maintained well), and it didn't last that long! So, if the name wasn't colorSTAY - I would probably be more okay with the results that I received (aside from the staining of my hair). Overall, I've had better success with other longlasting foundations and I'm a HUGE fan of the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation. So, maybe back to that one :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by allykhatt

This is honestly my HG foundation! It stays on 24 hrs, great coverage! I get so much complements on how great my skin looks and it's because of this foundation! It's a buildable foundation! With my dry skin, it does help and it never looks cakey! I still moisturize and prime my face beforehand though. The only thing is I wished it had a pump! I lose a lot of product with the open bottle! Also, another downfall I feel like the color is a little dull on me but nothing bronzer and blush can't fix!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by elizabethyong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my fave foundations - but why why why why is there no pump?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by abb1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definitely my HG foundation for everyday of the year! I use it from the driest of winter days to the most humid summer day and love it all the same. Only con is it's a nightmare to get out of my brushes. Colorstay is definitely true to it's name!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Makeupgale623

I liked this foundation. It gave me a good finished and stayed all day. My skin is shinny and I couldn't see shine for most of the day. When I first tried it i thought it was it was heavy but when I wore it felt fine. This foundation had good coverage and made my face look flawless. The only things I don't like about this foundation is the price ($12 pricey for drugstore) And the fact there is no pump

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by mustangfanatic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Since this is marketed for dry skin, i will review it for dry skin.

If you don't have your dry flakey skin under control i wouldn't bother with this foundation.

Since i finally have my dry flakey skin under control, i find this foundation not very hydrating, but not too drying.
I'm at Hour 7. Staying power is good, but i could use a spray from my Fix+ to hydrate the skin.

It's spring and weather is not too humid and not too dry. This foundation might work better for me deep into the summer.
I won't bother with this foundation for winter and fall. I leave those seasons for my Mac F&B

I find the finish to be just natural...not overly matte, definitely not dewy.
Foundation works very well with Beauty Blender.
Blending the foundation was pretty easy.
It didn't dry too quickly which I like. I need all the time i can get to get a smooth even face.

I'll update this review in the summer and see how I like it.
Right now, I think there are better foundations out there for dry skin.