Revlon ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 15 Normal/Dry Skin

3.8

Active Ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.4%, zinc oxide 2.0% Ingredients: water, cyclomethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, butylene glycol, dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, nylon-12, phenyl trimethicone, magnesium sulfate, isododecane, boron nitride, methicone, laureth-7, mallow extract, lily bulb extract, lactobacillus/eriodictyon californicum ferment extract, cymbidium grandiflorum flower extract, silk, tocopherol acetate, retinyl palmitate, ethylene brassylate, tribehenin, bisabolol, silica, alumina, isohexadecane, polydimethylsiloxane/polymethylsilsesquioxane copolymer, polysorbate 20, polysorbate 80, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: iron oxides, mica, titanium dioxide, bismuth oxychloride, zinc oxide.

on 7/13/2015 6:06:00 AM

I would say this is my favorite drugstore foundation ever. It's pretty much medium to full coverage with is great.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I just purchased this today because I read that their colors were very generous to us gals with yellow undertones. And that is definitely a difficult thing to find with drugstore makeup, especially when you're fair skinned with yellow undertones. I got this in the shade Buff and I was so nervous that this wouldn't match me, because so many times I go and buy a foundation and it looks great the area I do my makeup but when I get in my car the sunlight shows me something else. At first, I couldn't seem to work with it well, that's my fault for expecting full coverage on the first try. It's buildable, so I can just let each layer dry and then add a little more. It has a natural finish, and most importantly IT'S THE PERFECT COLOR. AND I don't need to set it with powder. When you have dry skin, powder isn't always the best idea. I'm so excited. The only reasons I took a lippie off is because I hate foundations you have to dump on your hand (I'll invest in a pump) and I wish it had more coverage right away. But beggars can't be choosers. I love this so far.

on 7/1/2015 12:10:00 AM

This is really over hyped , I tried it out a few months ago and was disappointed the foundation had sparkly particles in it and it did not cover my redness well at all as so many claimed it would cover up marks I returned it

I feel that too many people review this foundation with dry skin. I have normal skin, dry sometimes, oily another, and i love it.
It is no where near as cakey as Elizabeth Arden foundations, Liz Earl (Signiture), MAc (which break me out to no end), and Dior.
I would call it a less oily version of Chanel Vitalumiere.

So easy to apply and blend out, i just use my fingers, but if i want more coverage i use a brush. I am NC15-20 at the moment and the colour Buff is such a good match, making my neck and face look in harmony.

It is pretty hot right now and it has lasted throughout the day as how i applied it with only a little of by Terry Hydrating Powder over the top. The colour has stayed true to form and i look bright and fresh faced even though i am definitely tired and haggard.

I also have incredibly sensitive skin and usually hate hate hate wearing foundation, but this feels so light while i feel secure in the fact my ex-acne scars are concealed, I just used my never ending pot of Kevyn Aucoins Sensual Skin Enhancer (best concealer in the entire world) on some darker scars and a premenstrual monster on my chin, i look flawless.

It is also cheap for a good foundation without skin-ruiners like silicones and gross preservatives which always end up blocking my pores. BUY IT. Even if you have oily/combi skin, buy this version and some setting powder.

on 6/5/2015 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not good for dry skin even though it is advertised as that... I tried to apply it with different moisturizers and primers but I always got the same results. It accentuated my dry patches and clung onto them. The color selection is great but the packaging is annoying. There is no pump so I always end up getting way too much and wasting product. I would not recommend it if you have very dry skin.

on 6/4/2015 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this foundation, I use it every day. Having dry skin, it's really hard to find a foundation that doesn't accentuate this, and I think I've found the one that doesn't.

I use E45 cream and either Benefit's Porefessional or Maybelline's Baby Skin under this foundation and a little pressed powder over the top because the foundation is very wet and I need quite a lot to get good coverage. I generally apply extra to my nose and cheeks where redness reigns and it can leave my face feeling a little saturated and a little soggy.

I'm a student and being in school, a hot, close environment all day, I was impressed how this foundation stayed. My foundation never faded and my blusher, bronzer and highlighter stayed put too and I looked as good catching the bus for the second time and I did the first!

The packaging, for me, isn't too bad, because I do use a lot of product and I never feel like too much comes out of the bottle, but I would prefer to have a pump, but the size of the product is ok, and after about three months of use, I still haven't had to re-purchase, which is usually an issue I have with foundation. It is also a little pricey, but I do think it's totally worth it. This is my all-day, every day foundation and I don't think that will be changing any time soon!

on 5/12/2015 4:57:00 AM

I found this foundation whilst searching online for the best foundations for dry skin. This was in a top 10 list so I thought I'd give it a go. I bought this in boots on 3 for 2 with an extra 10% off and would not buy this at regular full price. After 3 layers of thick day cream moisturiser, as soon as I put this on to my worst patches of dry skin, they immediately went from slightly greasy to cracked and peeling. This may be to do with my current harsh skin care routine but from the reviews I read on this and the amount of aftercare I take with my skin it shouldn't have been a problem. The bottle itself is also a huge negative, I have to shake it upside down so the foundation goes to the top of the bottle, then dip my brush in, which always results in me using too much. The only plus points I can give this is the range of colours and coverage. I have very pale skin so always choose the lightest shade, and this turned out to be surprisingly a little tiny bit too light. I only have to use 1 layer and this covers my skin very well, if you can look past the emphasised dry patches. All in all, I wouldn't buy this again or recommend to anyone that actually has dry skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in Ivory, which is a pretty good match for me. It's a tiny bit darker than my natural skin colour, but it's not too bad. I just have to make sure that I do my neck and ears.

It gives me medium-full coverage, which is too heavy for daytime wear, but perfect for a night out. It is very good at covering redness. It can cake around acne, which is a downside. It clings to super-dry patches on my face, but generally it isn't too bad.

I hate the bottle. I have the old bottle, which doesn't have a pump. I've seen it in stores and it has a pump now, which is much better!

Overall, it's a decent foundation, but there are better ones out there.

on 5/9/2015 8:11:00 PM

I have combination skin, acne scars, oily on my nose area and dry patches on my cheeks and forehead I use this in the shade Buff which looks great on my pale skin, not orangey at all, just right. I got this on sale for 13 euro, down from 18 and after seeing so many good reviews I decided to buy it while it was cheaper The formula is a little watery, but not too watery, it blends onto my skin really well with a beauty blender, it doesn't look too good whenever I apply with a brush. The coverage is really good, I only need to use concealer on my really dark acne scars, I find that it slides off quite fast around my oily areas and kinda clings to my really dry patches, it's not too noticeable though, and it gives a nice dewy finish and feels so light on the skin. It says it's meant to last 24 hours but I find after 5-6 hours I need to reapply it. It is a nice foundation, coverage wise and colour wise, it applies great with a beauty blender and gives a nice finish I would buy it again, and I'd be eager to try the combination/oily formula

on 4/12/2015 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is probably my most hated foundation of all time. Although the shade Buff is perfect for my NW15/NW20 skin and I don't dislike the lack of a pump too much, the consistency and texture did nothing for me. Even when applied with a damp beauty blender on top of exfoliated and moisturised skin, the foundation always dried matte and cakey, leaving the skin looking uneven, powdery and mask like. I'd bought the foundation previously and didn't learn my lesson. No matter how many ways I try to use it, I despise how it looks on me.