November 26, 2014 | 1891 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 15 Normal/Dry Skin

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok so I have a lot to say about this product... this is very odd because it claims to be for normal to dry skin ( I am dry) so I will start with the pros.. *PROS *does last long *color match was amazing (buff) so perfect no oxidizing *nice creamy consistancy *awsome coverage even with one thin layer *CONS *makes peach fuzz, pores, bumps in skin noticable.... *heavy on skin (but that is to exspect with full coverage fndts) *price..about 12.00 *no pump *NOT MOISTURIZING AT ALL! and I do apply moisturizer at first but still does not help *makes dry patches noticable *dull and flat look after aplication *after I take this off at night my skin feels STRIPPED its so dry and even red in places I have to double up on my moisturizer SO there you have it I hate to be a debbie downer when this DOES WORK for so many people but not me and I wanted to state that this has no good effect on dry skin. will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by ishalollykayzashy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation although the price $38NZD is a little more than I want to pay! I used to have really oily acne prone skin, now that my acne has cleared up my skin is very dry so I needed to purchase a foundation suitable and this is great! It doesnt cling harshly to the dry patches on my face and leaves a dewy finish on my skin. I prefer to wear it without powder as I hate a matte look on my skin however i've found that when I do it does make it last longer. Unfortunately I've got the glass bottle without the pump but the design with the pump is a big yes for me! I'll enjoy the pump when I repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by agalardi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG FOUNDATION! No other brand has this kind of coverage, even high end. It does not feel heavy, and actually kind of smells good. I apply mine with a stipling brush for a perfect finish. Holy grail for years now

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by babylima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

pro: cheap, sturdy bottle, good coverage, not too thick, no weird smell, big color range.
con: a little thick, not moisturizing enough.
not a superb foundation but for its price, it is definitely unbeatable and highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my every day foundation, i'm in the shade 220 natural beige and it's too pink for me, but I blend it down my neck and it works well. It's a full coverage foundation. It'll cover small acne marks and discolouration, and redness. Some people say you can feel it on. But I can't. It lasts 12 hours on me without a primer!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by rhapsode

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, okay. I am on a poetic pilgrimage for my HG foundation. This journey has taken me to the mac counter numerous times (studio tech, studio fix, mineralize liquid, face & body), dior (diorskin forever, dior hydra life), Nars (matte & sheer glow), bare minerals, cover fx, l'oreal, sonia kashuk and now - revlon.

Having super dry skin and just turning thirty, I am hyper aware of any fine lines and wrinkles I might otherwise overlook in my younger years. The best performing for coverage, natural-ness and non-wrinkle forming (before now) were: diorskin forever and nars sheer glow. so far.

I suppose I am a bit of a brand snob when it comes to makeup, mainly because I simply can't decide if something's amazing or awful, so rather than doing the leg work, just let reputation and my wallet decide.

Tonight I picked up the Revlon Colorstay formula for dry skin after humming and hawing over it and reading way too many reviews. It was constantly revered by the best beauty gurus so felt it was at least worth a try. I am not super in love with the matte look as being dry, I feel a slight glow livens up my complexion and makes me look healthy and like I'm drinking my 8+ glasses of H2O a day, so didn't expect to love it.

I used this with a beauty blender (after priming with rimmel's stay matte primer) - damped it and patted it over my face. I did not find it hard to work with or drying overly fast as others have complained. WHOA. It didn't seep into my forehead lines! It covered my hyper-pigmentation! I felt I was just seeing things so rushed into numerous rooms with a mirror to test the lighting. Nope, it was real. All real.

As mentioned not so much liking the matte look, I added a dot of sonia kashuk's perfecting illuminator liquid into the mix and reapplied with beauty blender. BEAUTIFUL. I found my HG! FOR SO CHEAP.

This seems too good to be true (especially since my new concealer is Maybelline's stay fit - and NOT MUFE, benefit or mac) - I feel like I have been a silly mindless consumer my entire life. Drugstores are now dangerous for me and I am looking forward to finding more "even better than sephora" products.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by lizo4ka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For the average person without a lot of dryness or acne scarring, this would be absolutely perfect. It covers well.

Unfortunately for me, I have a lot of skin issues. If I slack -at all- on my skin regime, I end up flaking like there's no tomorrow. I also have past and current acne problems, along with skin that is constantly red and irritated looking. This alone couldn't cover up my imperfections, though it did pair well with the mac concealer I use. I went through two bottles before deciding to move on and try some other foundations.

The reasons I decided to move on were mostly based on how the coverage was. It just didn't sit very well on my skin. It didn't feel like it was moisturizing enough, so it didn't move around my face very well and tended to highlight dryness and clumps. I think it's a great choice for many though: it's very affordable, for the average person it likely would give good and lasting coverage, and the colour range is wide. I think it is worth it to give it a chance. I'd just suggest to buy it at Ulta, so if it doesn't work out, you can return it.

If I am unable to find another foundation that works for me, I could see going back to it without feeling too horrible.

EDIT: A month has passed since I decided to move on from this foundation and I just went to Ulta yesterday and got a new bottle. None of the other foundations I tried really did much or covered as much. I also started using jojoba oil, which seems to be helping my flaky problem. I'm out of concealer right now and I have to say I am impressed at how much this covers. It also switched shades and I like this new shade much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wore this foundation for the first time today and it looked incredible! You definitely need a moisturizer and I like to wear all my foundations with a primer but this foundation applied well with my sigma f80. I'll continue wearing this for a few days and do an update to this post. The one thing I hate about this foundation is no pump and that can cause it to become messy :( I didn't notice any accentuation of dry patches or

I wear the shade true beige and I'm an NC40 in mac foundations. The one shade up from this was too dark but true beige blends in perfectly with my skin

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by JunkieXL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to be a big fan of Estée Lauder Double Wear but I was a bit put off by the price. I was looking for a cheaper replacement and found this. I use the one for combination/oily skin as my skin has a tendency to go shiny during the day. It took some practice to apply as is dries pretty quickly. Once I mastered that, it's a great foundation. Good coverage without looking too heavy and very good staying power. I'm not really sure how it affects my adult acne... I guess it's just very important to take it off properly at night. The only big nono for me is the packaging. How can you put such an awful, hard to use glass bottle without a pump on such a great product? It makes it hard to dispense which is a shame. Considering all of the above, it's still one of my HG foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by sofgrove

This foundation is the best I've found in a drugstore. Originally I was looking for a foundation that wasn't too pricey but gave me the same coverage and staying power as high end products. I usually use Estee Lauder but I decided I wanted to save that for 'special occasions' or when i'm going out for a long time (as it stays on alllll day). When I bought Revlon Colorstay I thought that the best way to really test this product is wearing it on a night out (which is usually a time I would tend to use a better foundation). When I first applied this I couldn't believe how nice it looked, I thought this was too good to be true and was expecting it to wear off after a lot of dancing and drinking, but it didn't.
This foundation really did do the job as good as the Estee Lauder double wear and from now on will prefer to buy the Revlon foundation to get the results of high end products while also saving the money.