April 21, 2014 | 1203 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 15 Normal/Dry Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awhile back I wrote a rave review for the oily skin version of this but recently I realized that my color, caramel, is too dark and orangey for me. Unfortunately, caramel is the only color that works for me in that line. The lighter shade is too light and the darker shade is too dark. So what I did was switch to the dry skin formula! (Even though my skin is combo oily) Caramel in the dry skin formula is noticeably lighter and less yellow than the oily one. I was right, it is PERFECT. It's like a second skin! The dry skin formula may have a little less coverage than the oily one but it doesn't bother me. It's still medium to full. Also, this formula doesn't make me more oily at all, it still lasts about the same time before I need to powder. I will be buying this formula from now on(:

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Rheuai

PROS:
-full coverage foundation
-lasts all day

CONS:
- i have pretty dry skin and this gives me dry patches
- emphasizes a lot of the pores around my nose and cheek area

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Suzaroos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ugh. I thought I might actually like this foundation after reading reviews, but I definitely do not! I have fairly dry skin and many foundations tend to cling to my skin and make it look way more dry that it actually is and lawwwwwd this was one of them! I exfoliated, moisturized and primed my skin like usual but it made me have dry patches, made my skin feel tight, and definitely didn't look natural at all. Soooo disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Yuck yuck yuck okay i kind of had a feeling this would happen to me from all the reviews but no i wanted to still give it a shot and that was a fail on my part its sheer -light coverage don't let no one tell you any different it is very drying and cakey even if you exfoliate it is a clingy little thing and the thing that drove me the most crazy getting the stupid foundation out it reminded me of those old fashion restaurants that give you the ketchup in the glass ketchup bottle and you have to shake it out and it comes out a lot like a mess its so thick and i got fresh beige I'm nc30 and it was a tad too light and not yellow toned its peach so that also was a fail oh well on to the next foundation .

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by HNA

Absolutely love this foundation. I only used it because it's the foundation my mum uses and I receive so many compliments when I wear this. Only problem is it does break me out on my forehead with those tiny little under the skin spots/bumps. But all the foundations this ends up happening anyway and when I remove my make up they go away. I have heard a lot about this product breaking other people out but none the less I love the way it makes me look. It is a matte finish and I don't like matte at all but this is the only foundation I will make an exception for. It's also very light weight. Don't like the fact that it's got no pump though but oh well

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have used Colorstay off and on for about 10 years now. It's the kind of foundation I can rely on from a DS brand I trust. The color selection is sometimes lacking and the SPF can make my already pale self look vampiric in flash photos. I can't imagine why Revlon has not heeded the call to put it in a pump already. Coverage is pretty solid and I usually just layer a bit on any blemishes in lieu of concealer. It can be drying on dry skin (even this formula) but mixes with moisturizer well. The name is correct: it stays on F-O-R-E-V-E-R.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by BBfabgal

I Purchased this product very recently and I have to say I absolutely love it. But the one con I would have is that it says on the packaging that it's for normal/dry skin but it makes my face somewhat dry. It last a really long time it has dry finish not supper matte but
it will dry fast ( you only need a little because adding too much will make you look dryer)
I will say if you have dry skin like me, I recommened that you buy a good nourishing primer or moisturizer with spf so it doesnt give you that big of a dry finish. Adding dry foundation on top of dry skin is a big no no. But It is a really good drugstore foundation that last a really long time!
I have slashed water on my face to see how it holds up if i sweat and it really stays on you can just remove it with a basic cleanser or scrub.
I think having to buy a primer or moisturizer with it is just a tiny hassel for a really good drugstore product.

! I Highely Recommend it, just make sure your face is moisturizered if you have dry skin !

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by immiaaxo

First of all, the closest color I could find for my skin tone was 250 fresh beige, which is sadly pink toned and i'm an NC30 with yellow undertones. I was surprised how light the coverage was..everyone claimed this was a long wearing full coverage foundation but it was light - medium (buildable to meduim) but I liked light-medium foundations anyway, but because it's pink toned I like to sheer it out & wear it as a tinted moisturizer and it doesn't transfer, looks like skin but doesn't last as long as I thought it would. (5-6 hours w/o fading) But people complimented my skin, apperantly my face was radiant and glowing! When I looked in the mirror my face seemed brighter and I think It was because of the pinkish tones. It looks great and feels like nothing on your skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by jadeseymour

pros: -long lasting -lightest shade works with skin tone -medium-full coverage -covers my moderate rosacea and acne -doesn't make me break out -not extremely pricey -not easily breakable -doesn't cling to dry areas cons: -no pump -container can be misleading on how much product is in bottle -lightest shade is on the pink side overall this foundation it great and dispute my lack of love for the packaging it is still my HG foundation and better then any other foundation from the drugstore . if you are hesitant to try it don't be you won't be disappointed ;) will repurchase when I run out and will continue to .

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by CharacterofLife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite"foundation" foundation. I've been loving Physicians Formula's BB & CC creams a lot but decided to try a real foundation again. This one is the best I've found so far. I have light/medium olive skin. The type that has an apparent light green hue too. Foundations that are too punk, yellow, or orange make the green stand out. I do not think I am an alien nor an alien hybrid, well the aliens have not informed if such.... Yet.

This formula dries at a medium pace. I use Olay Sensitive SPF 15 under it. It allows enough time to spread then it sets well without being drying my skin out. The color fresh beige goes so well with my skin I can almost claim it to be a perfect match... For an alien in Earth that is.

It does make my fine lines a bit apparent, but the coverage is so wonderful I'll keep it!
It has great staying power, doesn't dry my skin out yet seems to help keep my t zone less oily.
My only three wishes would be that it came in a pump, down didn't emphasis my lines, and was came with a Jeremy Renner. Why? Because he is so sexy of course. He is sexy throughout the galaxy.