September 2, 2014 | 1523 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme Restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

I have been using retin A for a couple weeks and my skin is irritated, it got also quite itchy. I have used Retin A before so I know to expect some irritation.I put Cicalfate every morning and it is like an instant relief!!! My skin feels much better now, I don't get that feeling of burning skin...I will keep using it a bit, as I need it..wonderful product, Avene has a solid reputation, their products just do a fantastic job.. Cicalfate just removed instantly the burning sensation, it made me skin feel refreshed and removed the irritation.. Great stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by TheGingerSnap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cream really does what it claims. It hydrates scaly irritated areas of skin and aids in quick healing. I use it to help with redness around my nose and on areas where I have scaly dry patches left over from the occasional acne spot.
This is a very thick ointment, so a little goes along way. It doesn't smell of chemicals, which is always nice. Use it 2-3 times a day on problem areas and watch them progressively get better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently had a massive allergic reaction to some products, and also ended up with a chemical burn from one of them! nothing was helping, I use Avene thermal water which was helping slightly when I sprayed it on, but the peels and scaling and overall rash and burn was hideous. People thought I had a chem peel!

I noticed results immediately, and like other reviewers the flaky skin started to slough off very quickly.

I have continued to use this for the last 4 weeks and I have zero scarring from the deep cracks I had in my skin from the burns and excessive dryness, and everything is nicely moisturised. This is my HG for anything that results in a rash or burn now.

I can see how after a glycolic peel as well it would be very nice is you are slightly sensitive to those.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by kaicg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I suddenly began developing eczema on my face for the first time in my life. It was especially terrible on my eyelids. I tried many different creams but they all burned something terrible and moisturized for all of 5 minutes. I haven't been able to wear makeup for over a week. I didn't want to use cortisone or steroid creams that are generally used for eczema since long term thins the skin, and the eyelids are already so delicate.

I decided to give the Avene cicalfate a try since I had gotten a sample a little while ago. It worked so amazingly! First of all, no pain! While applying it, parts of the dry scaly skin (that has been plaguing me) came off. And through the course of the day the area remained hydrated, and the skin was smoothed. I'm so relieved and thankful to have tried this product.

It is a very thick product so use it very sparingly!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I think this cream is useful only in a limited range of circumstances. One use that I found particularly helpful was to use this product after laser treatments. This did a good job of moisturizing and soothing. I would not otherwise use this product because I do not think that it would properly care for my skin.

Here are the qualms I have with this product:
First of all, the mineral oil in this product would cause many people to break out. I also think the product is overpriced for the mineral oil content that it displays. Oily-skinned and acne-prone people beware, mineral oil is not your friend. Secondly, if you order this product in the winter, it separates and wastes product when you try to squeeze it out of the tube. All of the water goes around the outside and the "cream" portion floats in the middle. Really annoying and a waste of money, considering the expense of this product.

I would ONLY repurchase this product if I were getting laser treatments done again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Slightly thick but nowhere near as thick as nappy/diaper cream, it mixes fairly well with my other creams which enables me to apply it all over the face. Great for healing sore, grazed or spotty skin, especially overnight, but be careful when using it on consecutive days in the same areas as it can clog pores and can also be quite drying. It's not expensive in the UK - around 7 quid for 40ml. The main active ingredients are zinc and copper. For one-off spots I prefer to use essential oils and salicylic acid-based products (and always SA in my morning routine) and EA 8-hour cream is still my favourite for sore or chapped skin, but as an overnight treatment for generally spotty or damaged skin this is ideal.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by chriquen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've known for a while now that my skin really likes zinc oxide products (as well as zinc taken as a supplement). It's effective in calming active acne and redness. But I was hesitant to try this product since its a bit on the pricey side for me. I'm so glad I finally did. My skin feels so calm and happy when I put this on, and it's a lot more cosmetically elegant than the zinc based diaper rash creams I've used (duh).
My skin is combo/oily, so using this as a moisturizer is sufficient for me even in winter. For drier skins, i think a separate moisturizing product would be necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by jcohenra

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After trying almost everything out there for my highly allergic, super sensitive post menopausal skin, this is totally the bomb. This is the closest thing to a miracle as far as I'm concerned. It does everything it promises to do and more. At this point, this product and one other one that Avene produces are the only creams I can put on my face and have it not react with rashes, splotches, etc. Go for it. Unless you are some kind of a freak, you will not be disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by ero2t

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this. A thick, very emollient reparative cream that was not fragranced or made of nasties? Sounds good right? But in reality, no, it just does not work. It neither added moisture or did much of anything to my dry sore skin. It just did nothing. Nada. You'd be better off with: Nivea creme, Aquaphor, Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream. Any of those will glue back together your skin better than this did. Don't waste your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

on the face review: can only use for 2 days max on the face. i got a pimple right near my eyebrow/forehead after the first night, then 2nd night, got 2 more + clogged up looking pores. I do layer it generously, so perhaps this is why im clogging up and breaking out, however this is great for open wounds (post acne) and speeding up dry red raised bumps AND good on my eczema neck. def a life savor, will always have in my medicine cabinet and will buy a smaller tube for travels in case an eczema flare up begins.