October 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme Restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by gnat

My skin gets really dry in the winter and this product gives my skin the moisture it needs without breaking me out. It would probably be a little to heavy for the summer but for now it's great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I want to like this cream so much! But Avene has disappointed me once again! I have acne prone skin and I have no need for moisture because my skin is never dry. I got this cream because I got a horrible burn on my abdomen and the on campus physician scared me to buying it. It didn't do anything to my scar and I ended up using it as a night moisturiser in the cold Canadian winters. It didn't break me out and I found it to be very smoothing after heavy acne treatments. But now I found a replacement that is lighter! Aloe Vera gel! So I will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using retin A for a couple weeks and my skin is irritated, it got also quite itchy. I have used Retin A before so I know to expect some irritation.I put Cicalfate every morning and it is like an instant relief!!! My skin feels much better now, I don't get that feeling of burning skin...I will keep using it a bit, as I need it..wonderful product, Avene has a solid reputation, their products just do a fantastic job.. Cicalfate just removed instantly the burning sensation, it made me skin feel refreshed and removed the irritation.. Great stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by TheGingerSnap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cream really does what it claims. It hydrates scaly irritated areas of skin and aids in quick healing. I use it to help with redness around my nose and on areas where I have scaly dry patches left over from the occasional acne spot.
This is a very thick ointment, so a little goes along way. It doesn't smell of chemicals, which is always nice. Use it 2-3 times a day on problem areas and watch them progressively get better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently had a massive allergic reaction to some products, and also ended up with a chemical burn from one of them! nothing was helping, I use Avene thermal water which was helping slightly when I sprayed it on, but the peels and scaling and overall rash and burn was hideous. People thought I had a chem peel!

I noticed results immediately, and like other reviewers the flaky skin started to slough off very quickly.

I have continued to use this for the last 4 weeks and I have zero scarring from the deep cracks I had in my skin from the burns and excessive dryness, and everything is nicely moisturised. This is my HG for anything that results in a rash or burn now.

I can see how after a glycolic peel as well it would be very nice is you are slightly sensitive to those.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by kaicg

I suddenly began developing eczema on my face for the first time in my life. It was especially terrible on my eyelids. I tried many different creams but they all burned something terrible and moisturized for all of 5 minutes. I haven't been able to wear makeup for over a week. I didn't want to use cortisone or steroid creams that are generally used for eczema since long term thins the skin, and the eyelids are already so delicate.

I decided to give the Avene cicalfate a try since I had gotten a sample a little while ago. It worked so amazingly! First of all, no pain! While applying it, parts of the dry scaly skin (that has been plaguing me) came off. And through the course of the day the area remained hydrated, and the skin was smoothed. I'm so relieved and thankful to have tried this product.

A warning that it is a very thick product, so use sparingly. If you have very oily acne prone skin I would recommend having a look at La Roche Posay's Cicaplast Baume as well, same idea but a little lighter. Hope this helps! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I think this cream is useful only in a limited range of circumstances. One use that I found particularly helpful was to use this product after laser treatments. This did a good job of moisturizing and soothing. I would not otherwise use this product because I do not think that it would properly care for my skin.

Here are the qualms I have with this product:
First of all, the mineral oil in this product would cause many people to break out. I also think the product is overpriced for the mineral oil content that it displays. Oily-skinned and acne-prone people beware, mineral oil is not your friend. Secondly, if you order this product in the winter, it separates and wastes product when you try to squeeze it out of the tube. All of the water goes around the outside and the "cream" portion floats in the middle. Really annoying and a waste of money, considering the expense of this product.

I would ONLY repurchase this product if I were getting laser treatments done again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Slightly thick but nowhere near as thick as nappy/diaper cream, it mixes fairly well with my other creams which enables me to apply it all over the face. Great for healing sore, grazed or spotty skin, especially overnight, but be careful when using it on consecutive days in the same areas as it can clog pores and can also be quite drying. It's not expensive in the UK - around 7 quid for 40ml. The main active ingredients are zinc and copper. For one-off spots I prefer to use essential oils and salicylic acid-based products (and always SA in my morning routine) and EA 8-hour cream is still my favourite for sore or chapped skin, but as an overnight treatment for generally spotty or damaged skin this is ideal.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by chriquen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've known for a while now that my skin really likes zinc oxide products (as well as zinc taken as a supplement). It's effective in calming active acne and redness. But I was hesitant to try this product since its a bit on the pricey side for me. I'm so glad I finally did. My skin feels so calm and happy when I put this on, and it's a lot more cosmetically elegant than the zinc based diaper rash creams I've used (duh).
My skin is combo/oily, so using this as a moisturizer is sufficient for me even in winter. For drier skins, i think a separate moisturizing product would be necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by jcohenra

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After trying almost everything out there for my highly allergic, super sensitive post menopausal skin, this is totally the bomb. This is the closest thing to a miracle as far as I'm concerned. It does everything it promises to do and more. At this point, this product and one other one that Avene produces are the only creams I can put on my face and have it not react with rashes, splotches, etc. Go for it. Unless you are some kind of a freak, you will not be disappointed.