November 26, 2014 | 1020 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Nail Prisms in Turquoise Opal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 4:30:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

This polish is absolutely STUNNING! It's beyond duochrome, because this puppy flashes more than just 2 colors. It's turquoise, it's purple, it's burgundy, all depending on how the light hits it.

While this polish is sheer on it's own, where it really shines is as a layering polish. I prefer this over a deeper purple or plum cream (i.e. OPI LPAD or Pueblo Plum, or ChG Evening Seduction). It really pulls out the multiple colors without having to resort to applying 3-4 coats. Tragedy that this is discontinued, because it's incredibly unique, one of my all time favorite shades when I want vamp without resorting to your stereo typical "vamp" colors. A huge winner in my stash! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love it. Use one stroke on my nails and tor nails and it lasts for w week on my nails and over the summer with yellows and greens on my toe nails. I redo my chips, but it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by QueenJannine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This takes a zillion coats for opacity by itself, and dry time approaches infinity. But you can't get mad at it, because you'll never find another color like this. Heart-attack-inducing. I was thinking of selling my bottle for a quick 20 bucks, which seems to be the going rate, but then I was like, LOL psych!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Frankenstyna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite nail color EVER. I have hundreds of polishes and this one will always have a special place in my heart.
Calling it a duochrome isn't really accurate. Multichrome is more like it! The base is a shimmery teal color and the color flashes from teal-blue-fuchsia-gold. Gorgeous!
The only down sides are that it takes longer than average to dry and that is goes on very sheer. 3- 5 coats are needed to get the color in the bottle (although a sheerer version looks great too.) I would recommend layering Turquoise Opal over black, dark blue, or dark green. Doing this will help you achieve the bottle color without having to use so many coats which will take forever to fully dry.
This color along with the other Sally Hansen Color Prisms are sadly discontinued. If you are lucky enough to find this gem at a dollar store, you can score it for dirt cheap. You can also try Ebay or something similar, but the price range is $10 to $20+!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

All of the Sally Hansen Prisms are duochrome-y fun, but even in that company, Turquoise Opal is special. The main two colors are a brilliant teal and a vibrant, rich, red-violet. Unlike many duochromes (including other Prisms), both colors are visible at almost all times -- even the slight concavity of a nail will be enough to flash both. Pretty! But there are two MORE colors hidden in this, too, a cerulean blue and -- hold your pants -- a BRONZE, visible at low angles. How glorious is that? The wear is only average, but holos as a rule have shorter lifespans than other polishes for me. I get more tip pull than I do with other colors, too -- must be the nature of all that multichrome gorgeousness. I also agree that the formula is really thin, though I was able to get opacity in three coats. Oh, well. For me, it was well worth it to have nails that rival a peacock feather. Here's the real bummer: The Prisms are d/c'd, and Turquoise Opal is particularly coveted. But with some judicious swapping or auction stalking, you should be able to get one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Mrs_Brightside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this polish 2/$1.00 at Dollar Tree, so I cannot complain about the price. However, this was the most frustrating mani I've done to date, and that's a lot of manis. The formula is thin and requires many coats to opacity (like 5 or 6), if that's your goal, it was mine. Consequently, I've done only two manis and used 1/3 of the bottle. It takes forever to dry and can be dented even on the second day as it is not completely dry. On the second mani it did help to allow the polish to dry . . . a long time between coats. All things being equal this polish showed immediate shrinkage and chipped within 24 hours of application, not usually the case my base/top coat combo. All this said, it is one of the most spectacular colors I've seen, a must try for those who love multichromes, but given the downside I wouldn't not go through great lengths to acquire this long discontinued polish.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2008 9:02:00 PM More reviews by duffimac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The color in the bottle was a gorgeous duochrome green/purple. The application was very thin, and it took 5 coats to get full coverage.The color on the nail is more green than duochrome, though in some lights it is purple. Even if these were not discontinued, I would not repurchase. 5 coats is too many when most polishes give me full coverage at 2 or at most 3. Great color, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by gigglemommy

simply AMAZING! morphs from teal green to hot blue to purple to pink! fairly sheer on it's own, but try this over black, dark blue, purple or a bright teal. so beautiful :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2006 2:20:00 PM More reviews by naturalsenses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Turquoise Opal: Made by sea nymphs, I swear! this is like deep ocean water with big mother of pearl shells at the bottom, can't wait for toes this color. Mermaids wear this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2006 11:13:00 PM More reviews by renemy

Very pretty color in the bottle! Kind of purple with a teal duochrome. It's much more complex than I can describe. Sadly, it was too cool on me. Also, it took 3-4 coats to get the color of the bottle.