December 18, 2014 | 1173 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Duo Eye Shadows all shades

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

I have this in Nudes and they are incredible - well pigmented and perfectly neutral slightly peachy toned browns which work so well on my fair skin with yellow undertones. The packaging is very 1980's as is the marble pattern pressed into the shadow but who cares it is a sturdy package with an excellent mirror underneath - the brush underneath is useless for shadows but girls take it out and try it for cream liner - it's amazing. Loved them so much I bought a back-up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i wonder if this is discontinued b/c i bought a long time ago at big lots in Berry Minerals. I'm not super crazy about the colors, b/c its like a reddish berry color (the darker shade) and the lighter shade is what I like, a pink/white marble color. so the colors are not to die for, but the finish is amazing. i use teh lighter one all over my lids and it seriously makes your lids look airbrushed! like so smooth looking. at first it will appear chalky and if u swatch it will look powdery and chalky but then after like a minute u look again and it looks amazing and really natural. good stuff

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by XEverX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the natural minerals duo, and although I really hate the case its in, its been a very natural looking everyday useful eyeshadow, which is something I rarely find. I use the darker brown to shape my eyebrows and it looks very natural, the lighter color looks really nice as a subtle eyeshadow.
I use so little of the product for this that I am sure it will last me a long time, overall a good investment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried the Physicians Formaula Mineral Wear Duo Eye Shadows in nude.
First, I do like the case. It is sort of klunky but I translate that to substantial and it protects the product well. I especially like the mirror in the underside of the case where the little brush is also stored.

I find that the brush is great for contouring and also can be utilized in order to use the darker colour to line ones eyes. However; it's rather stiff and not great for overall application or sweeping colour across the lid, to highlight, etc.

The mineral wear shadow tends to cake on me on application. Then it starts to crease in 3 - 4 hours. All of this could probably be cured with a primer but one shouldn't have to use a primer with mineral wear makeup.

3 lippies because I still like the natural looking colours which add just the right touch without making one appear to be made up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by mimi033

I have this product in Berry Minerals which is a duo.
The eyeshadows themselves are like marbled-like look, which looks great!
This is amazing!!
You can use it w/o a primer and it won't crease! Using it w/o a primer also gives it just a wash of color.
But with a primer, it gives it an intense look, perfect lid and highlight color here!
The brush it came with is certainly not a eyeshadow brush, it's more of a really TINY concealer brush, so i took off a lippie for the packaging.
EDIT: PLEASE READ IF YOU HAVE MAC SHADOWS.
This can even fit MAC pallets qauds/pallets
If you get this. DEPOT THEM, the put it into a MAC pallet. KEEP the container and you can make your own duo's from MAC shadows!!
I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by taralynn36

Right now these are at CVS for $1.99. I checked two different stores in town and one had them and one did not. Mine only had natural, nude, and terra. I picked up natural and nude. Natural is a little orangy on my fair skin but it's still nice. I really like the shades in nude. I want to find this in taupe but I doubt I will since they are obviously being d/c. I've been searching high and low for a matte brown duo and I finally find the perfect one and it's being d/c. I should have picked up two or three.

My only complaints are yes, the packaging is a bit bulky but that's okay. I did take off 1 lippie because after several hours they faded a bit, even with my primer. It was still very noticable but just a shade lighter. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have these shadows in berry and nude. They are really good shadows, they don't crease and they're very pigmented. I like them a lot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by rainbodragon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in terra and natural which are very similiar, but i got them on special at the pf site. they are so soft and natural i reach for them whenever i want a more natural look like on tshirt and jeans days at work. last well over udpp. only thing i dont like is the packaging is huge and clunky and a wierd shape so they are kind of a pain to store, and of course the applicator is terrible but what else is new in the world of m/u

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by kayben

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this at Big Lots and I'm thrilled with it. The matte white shadow brightens lids and tear ducts without making my near 40-year old eyes look silly/glittery like a disco ball. The matte medium brown works as a crease color, a brow color ( I have medium ash brown hair) and as a contour blush color. Many are the times I have used this duo exclusively for eyes, brows, and cheeks, and with mascara and balm, I have achieved a decent neutral face that focuses on playing up bone structure rather than color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in nude, purely for the fact that I got it for a steal (2.50!) , and it gives a very matte, natural look. The shadows itself are marbled, so really they're premixed... There isn't really any way of getting just one colour, since they're mixed like that, not like the half-and-half e/s. The packaging is thick, but still, you get the eyshadows that you open up on top, and then you open up the bottom where you snap in the brush and there's also a mirror. Clever. The applicator isn't one of those cheap sponges either, its one of the little brushes. Overall, a pretty good e/s! I might buy it again in a different, darker colour though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No