April 16, 2014 | 2015 users online

Treatments - Kate Somerville - Quench

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Feels extremely greasy and heavy on skin. Would not suggest using if you have sensitive acne-prone skin that is irritated by products that contain silicone. Although it did make my face feel soft there would be no way of noticing it because i started to breakout in painful pimples along my cheeks. I only was able to use it a few times because of the horrible acne that was erupting.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by 282012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This serum made my skin break out really bad, and I would not recommend it for anyone with acne. I really wanted to love it, so I continued to use it for about two months. Once I stopped using it my acne cleared up. In addition to the acne, it didn't seem to do anything in terms of brightening or improving the overall look of my skin. Overall, I was disappointed and regretted spending so much money on this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by britbrat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this product twice a day for over a year now on my very dry skin. It's the only thing that works. It is pricey, so I did venture out and try other things but that didn't last long. Nothing gave me the hydration, glow and even skin that this product does. I get so many compliments on my skin ALL the time now, about it's glow, perfect complexion, etc and i owe it ALL to this amazing serum. I have suffered dry skin since i was a teenager and have spent, honestly, thousands of dollars to try anything and everything, high end and drugstore, and this is the miracle worker that changed it all for me. I recommend it to anyone looking for something to cure their dry skin & give you the perfect glow, not that dull, boring skin any more. You NEED to try this! Will continue to buy as long as they make it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

It has silicone in it. And for me, it broke me out horribly. I am in my mid twenties, with very sensitive skin. Moisturizing creams leave me too moisturized and I was looking for something in between. I thought that this was it. Bottom line, i truly feel this product is for those with mature skin. After i started using this as a hand moisturizer (which worked great as that, btw) I gave it to my mother. She had nothing crazy to say about it. She basically used it to have something to use on her face...it definitely lingered for a few months though. And this is someone who is a heavy user of Chanel skincare products. Cheap or expensive, the stuff lacks what it says to do. Kate Somerville doesn't have a winner to me with this one.

Fresh Seaberry Moisurizing Oil is a great alternative. I use that with no problem.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by windkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes, I did drink the Kool-aid and buy a Kate Somerville product for full price, even as I nobly passed by the Exfolikate.
It is acceptable, but not all that, and for the money, I'd definitely like to see a bit more of the alleged "intense hydration, increased firmness, and improved elasticity."
What it actually is in action on my face: a nice, super-light moisturiser. Probably ideal for me on humid summer days.
The good:
Light formula spreads well and disappears shortly without residue or stickiness.
No scent (I should put that first, considering what a perpetual big deal it is to me).
No breakouts or adverse reactions.
Nice bottle -- looks good, distributes an appropriate amount of product in a hygienic way, doesn't try to get too fancy.
The not-so-good:
Overhyped, definitely not delivering the promised goods.
Overpriced (surprise, surprise).
I'll happily finish this bottle, but I'm not going to be buying this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by BadWaitress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was sort of surprised by this product, as my skin usually responds really badly to 'cone-heavy formulas, but I like Quench a lot. I tried it at Sephora and initially I thought the texture was disgusting, greasy and slick, but the trick is to use a very tiny amount, just enough to smooth over your face, and let it dry for a minute or two before you put your moisturizer on.
I've been using it for three weeks now and my face looks great. It's midwinter here and I glow anyway. The only makeup I need is two dots of concealer to cover a couple of capillaries. It's expensive, but at the rate I'm going through it I think it will last 3-4 months at least, so amortize the cost and it's not that bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by muaddictbiotch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got quite a few packages of samples of this and although on here it says its full of silicones it doesnt bother me... I havent broken out and have got a few weeks worth of use just out of the samples!...im on my way to buy one once i get my next paycheck!... if your face can handle the product I would deff. buy one.. it is PERFECT to use before makeup application, ESPECIALLY if you have dry skin! It does have a "greasy" feel upon first application but settles in and makes your skin feel like a babys butt! I think the key is not to use TOO MUCH of this product with each application...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Andreainhalifax

Although it feels very greasy/slippery when being applied, it actually feels nice on the skin. I forgot to look at the ingredients list, but I'm confident that silicone (unfortunately) is a key ingredient. My skin broke out after using it for two days. I will not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Didn't like this at all. Has a bunch of silicones in it. What for...idk. The texture is super slippery and greasy feeling. It actually isn't greasy once it's smoothed over the face though. Has no scent which is ok but I broke out after the first day of use. I don't recommend for people with easily congested skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by TampaBayGal

Not stocked in the Sephora store, so bought on-line. Pretty packaging, dispenses easily. I've recently purchased other skin care products so I don't know if this is working. I do have to say it is VERY oily...kinda like cooking oil...not sure if this is what's causing my breakouts or one of the other new products I'm trying. I'll post an update in the future after I've used it consistently for awhile.