November 23, 2014 | 1948 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Dove Advanced Color Care Shampoo for Darkened Hair

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Zippy19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a sample in the mail and so far really like it a lot... gets my hair clean, didn't strip the color, and smells like heaven. Love this stuff <3

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 7:05:00 AM More reviews by cartal

I was in a bit of a money problem and about a couple of months ago I dyed my hair red.It fades very fast and I wanted to buy a shampoo that maintained my colour for a little bit and was cheap.I didn`t notice any differences and I dont`t know if it keeps my colour from fading.When I first started to wash my hair with it I was amazed because I had a lot volume and shine but after a couples of uses it dried my hair real bad ,gave me an itchy scalp and a lot of split ends.I would only use when I neeed that volume boost.It may be possible that they changed the ingredients a bit ,because I live in Romania and here alk the product are changed with cheaper ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 9:06:00 AM More reviews by rishasoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have thick, long but fine hair dye it hair black and red-black and this is the best shampoo (and the conditioner) for dyed hair! It's amazing how soft this makes my hair feel and I need to wash it less because the grease just isn't coming back as fast as it used to. I swapped to this after my scalp started to get itchy and irritated and this completely soothes my scalp. Give it a try. No doubt you'll be as pleasantly surprised as I am!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by BlackBirdFly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite shampoo. I have tried pretty much every store brand out there and a few salon brands as well. I have my hair dyed black and I have to redye it often due to my brown roots showing so unfortunately I can't speak for how well it works on preventing fading. However, I will say it makes my hair incredibly soft! I have never had a shampoo leave my hair so soft before. I don't even need conditioner which is pretty impressive seeing as how I have thick, frizzy, dry hair. I find the smell really nice as well. It has a nice, fresh, clean scent. Having said all that, I must add that it may not be good for all hair types. I mentioned it makes my thick, dry hair nice and soft but if you have thin hair and/or hair that tends to get oily quickly then this may not be a good choice.

Regardless, for me this is definitely a great product and I don't see myself changing shampoos for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 4:35:00 AM More reviews by jacquiesaur

THE BEST. EVERR!!
i've tried soo many hair products from pantene to high end aveda. this is the best so far and i just got this today. i didnt even need a conditioner because it already conditioned and softened my hair. even with my usual sunsilk hydratlc conditioner, i still had tangles and my hair was not really that soft. <3 this! = )

& it smells so clean! got this at sale at rite aid for $2 = )

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by ValleyOfSins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my favourite shampoo! When I keep my hair black(Garnier 100% Color in blue black is my prefered) I won't use anything but this. I alternate between keeping my hair the blackest black, and bleaching it and keeping it the redest red I can, so I have trouble keeping one colour where the last took hold, as you can imagine. The black began fading within a couple weeks after the first time I went back from red. This shampoo really extends the life of my black hair and keeps it soft, shiny and healthy! Thumbs up for my HG shampoo(when I have black hair)!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by AutumnShadow15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is great! I have short, medium-dense light brown colour-treated hair. My hair is prone to oiliness and I frequently gets dry ends. This really gets my hair clean and leaves it very soft. It smells pleasant and lathers well and rinses out easily. My colour seems to be holding up well. I really liked this and will probably purchase again. I think this is really good value for money as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by melg_1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have darkened hair that I use a semi-permanent color gloss to get it to a level 2. Every other shampoo I used stripped the color except for this one. I could go 2 months without a touch up whereas my color would generally fade within 2 weeks with other shampoos. Smells great, and doesn't overdry chemically processed hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2007 1:06:00 AM More reviews by jibini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up this shampoo along with the conditoner because it was designed for darkened hair, and other colour care shampoos tend to focus on those who go lighter. It definitely doesn't strip my colour like some other shampoos have done, but it leaves me resorting to ponytails instead of wearing my hair down. Like the review below me, it leaves my hair tangly and frizzy after use, and oily within 24 hours. The scent was very synthetic and perfumey. I am using it up so it doesn't go to waste but I won't repurchase. Price was fairly expensive for a drug store brand (about $8).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2007 2:51:00 PM More reviews by kawright

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is just bizarre. It's a cream shampoo, so you'd expect it to be heavy and really moisturizing. Instead, it lathers almost too well and leaves my hair dry and tangled. The smell is very strong and it lingers until the next time I wash my hair. The scent is nice but after a while it's a bit much, it's more of a perfumey kind of smell rather than the more subtle signature Dove scent. It has not kept my color from fading at all, but I have yet to find a shampoo that does help in that area. I would recommend this shampoo only for those who have oily hair and who like strongly fragranced hair products.