April 16, 2014 | 1959 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Excellence Creme Blonde Supreme in Lightest Ash Blonde

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by SarahSarah0920

I used this dye, following all instructions, and it turned my hair an ugly, blue/purple/green/gray color. I'm so upset. I have to dye my hair for a Musical that I'm in, and I now have troll hair. Will never buy anything sold by L'OREAL EVER AGAIN.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Wintersvixen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff....this out of every toner/color out there gave me the platinum locks I wanted.I dont care if its "boxed dye".At first your hair may appear purple or blue but dont be alarmed this will wash out within one to two.shampoos.This has been the best white platinum blonde for me....I tryed Manic Panic Virgin Snow and Wella "White Lady" and this was much better.than.both.of those professional dyes

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by hlb23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I usually use les blondissimas...probably not spelled right...in the same shade. The store i was in was out, but i saw this, and figured same brand, same color, it should be fine. Nope. I got the same weird blue purple green grey shade everyone is talking about. I have an appointment for a cut tomorrow, but really wasn't planning on shelling out for corrective color. Silly me. I didn't want to get scolded for my roots, but purply troll colored hair is way more embarrassing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by shortii53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good hair color for getting a very light ASH blonde shade. I have used this before on dyed and not dyed hair. It lightens my light brown hair to a pretty, light ash blonde shade. Very good. On already light blond hair the colors has a green/grey cast to it. But I only see it in certain light. It looks like a pretty very light blond to public. The cast fades after a few washes as well. This is the ash tones in the dye. If your hair is already platimun there isn't any color to add so really should only be dyeing your roots and adding rest on hair for 5-10minutes. I leave this dye on my whole head for 25-30 minutes and I haven't been dissappointed. My hair turns out a pale ash blond. Its lightening your hair so it is a bit drying but not any worse than most home dyes I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I also used the lightest ash blonde from the pro-keratine line. I bleached my hair myself from very dark brown to light blonde. Yes, gradually, with much painstaking effort. I could hardly stand how ugly it looked in between bleachings! I did not have any toner on hand and decided to try using this to take out the last of the brassy yellow tones that were left after the 3rd or 4th (don't remember now) bleaching. I left this in for 45-50 min, rinsed it out, and my hair was a beautiful, cool, pale blonde color. Some said they ended up with grey or blue, and i see why, my hair was so light, it was almost translucent, especially the ends. Shocking, but, i loved it. Maybe i would have gotten the same result if my starting color was very light blonde naturally. Got me hooked on being blonde, now I'm a tad bit darker with ash blonde roots that fade into a warmer light blonde. Which was also an accident, I used ash blonde hair dye to touch up my dark and (previously touched up brassy lower) roots and really liked the result! Made it look more natural. Somehow, my hair is all still intact with no split ends. I drown it in conditioner and leave-in conditioner with extra serum or oil on the very ends, and only blow dry on warm and cool, leaving 1/2 the bottom length still slightly damp, finished up with another dab of serum or oil on tips in front. If I could afford someone to touch me up weekly, I so would, it is a pain but I love being blonde! Especially since so many Asians who try it sport a really brassy orangey blonde, I feel extra show-offy with my hair ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by kimber123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just used this yesterday and it's not bad. I have light blonde level 9 base and about a level 7 caramel lowlights. I wanted to do my roots and avoid going to the salon again. My natural hair is light brown with grey and my roots were about 1.5 inches of this. I read the reviews about peoples hair turning blue or purple but took my chance. Usually, these ash shades have a blue base to cut the brasiness and thats why some people use Shimmer Lights blue shampoos etc..Anyways, if you have really bleached hair, usually the blue tinge will get soaked up in the bleached parts of your hair such as a highlight. I applied AA01 to my root areas all over my head and let it sit about 40 mins. The I combed it down to the roots and let it sit for 5 mins longer and then rinsed/washed. The result was pretty good. I had no blue colour and it lifted my roots to a decent shade of blonde that was not brassy. Overall, I was happy and I saved myself a roots touch up at the salon which could cost $80 or more. I would use this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by bluecurls2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great at-home hair color. I have been using L'Oreal's Les Blondissimes line, but it wasn't quite getting my hair past the yellow stage. It didn't look bad, just not as light as I wanted- more of a golden blonde. I went to Target one day to pick up my regular color and noticed this one next to it and that it said "high lift." I decided to give it a shot since I knew high lift would be more likely to pull my hair just past that golden stage Les Blondissimes couldn't.

My roots were pretty bad (I think I had gone 8 weeks since highlighting last) so I followed the instructions to put the color on the ends and length first for 20 minutes, then apply to roots. The only difference was I left the color on my roots for about 45 minutes vs. 20, knowing 20 wasn't enough time to get them light enough. After the product had been on my length and ends for 30 minutes, I washed most of that out, leaving the product on my roots awhile longer. I rinsed with warm water and used a big handful of the conditioner and then let my hair air dry. I have naturally curly hair, but it can be tough to get a good idea what your color looks like with curls (which is also why you can go a little longer between highlights with curly hair) so I decided to straighten it to see how the color turned out.

It was BEAUTIFUL. I have not had such a pretty light blonde with such depth since I stopped going to the salon 2 years ago. Be aware, some pieces WILL look bluish/purple/gray when your hair is wet, but as they dry, they are just a pretty platinum blonde, and they stand out very well against the rest of the hair. I immediately recommended the color to a friend who was thinking of coloring her own hair for the first time and she gave it a shot the next day and said the results were better than her colorist's and she would no longer be paying $100 for highlights she could do at home. There's no brassiness or orange tones in the blonde at all- once your hair dries you can really see how pretty and light the blonde really is.

I plan on using this as my go-to hair color from now on. I will never go back to Les Blondissimes after using this high lift formula. Due to how light my hair is now though, I doubt I'll be able to get away with going 8 weeks between colorings again and will probably have to do it every 5 or so. But it's a wonderful color, and by far the best box blonde I've ever tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by aliyurg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

(This review is for the shade which is called Ultra Light Ash Blonde [AA01] from the Excellence Pro-Keratine collection.)
Oh my god, this colour turned my light blonde hair (which is dyed to this colour, but naturally dark blonde) BLUE.... I almost had a heart attack when I looked in the mirror. I've been "experimenting" with colours from L'Oreal the past few months and have been overall very happy with the results.
I don't necessarily blame the product, although I did follow the instructions for root touch-up and colour refresh for my lengths. I think the problem was that my hair was already so light that the product had nothing to lift and so turned blue.
For anyone who has a similar experience, I washed my hair 3 times in a row, conditioned and then completely saturated it in lemon juice. A lot of the blue washed out after shampooing but it was still noticeably grey, so I turned to the lemon juice which oddly helps tone hair colour that is too ash.
This would probably be a great colour for light virgin hair or for somone who has dyed medium-to-dark hair, but ladies who have ultra light coloured tresses already, steer clear!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by tiffanynichols

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this to try to tone my bleached blonde hair and maybe lift it a level or so. The only problem with my hair before using this was that it had a little too much gold in it for my liking. My hair now is extremely ashy and my roots are almost gray. I am pretty disappointed and irritated. I'm hoping that it will lighten up but I'll most likely have to color it again :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by lavalon

This review is for Excellence Creme 9.1 "Light Ash Blonde" (and NOT "Lightest Ash Blonde").

I'm 100% ecstatically happy with this hair colour! My usual problem when I go lighter than my natural medium/dark ash blonde colour is that I just pull those red or brassy tones like a magnet. But not this time! The result is my own hair colour, just lighter, blonder and more fun! (It looks "natural" on me). I like the price too, especially since I haven't been at all happy with the salon colours I've paid for in the past two years.

I also love the texture of my hair afterwards: the protective conditioner included in the box made my hair so silky smooth and glossy. The pre-colour care serum also did a great job of protecting my dry-ish ends. The 'creme' is quite runny, so I recommend using a hair tinting brush rather than the comb included in the pack.

I chose the "application method A" because I had an inch or so of regrowth; the lenghts of my hair was salon colored a medium honey blonde and I had some very light blonde highlights. After using a tinting brush and bowl to paint the regrowth in sections (actually starting first with the greys around my hairline), I waited 22 minutes before putting the rest of the product through the lengths and ends. After another 12 minutes I added a bit of lukewarm water and massaged the lot. I rinsed the colour out quite thoroughly, shampooed and then used the supplied conditioner. Voila! Perfect results!!!

My roots came out a lovely, natural ash blonde, nice and light, but with just a hint of "warmth" in it. My greys came out an even lighter ash blonde, but close enough to the rest of my hair to blend in well. The previously highlighted lengths of my hair survived the process well, they still look like salon highlights :-)
I've got a couple of pictures showing the results on my MUA member page.