August 23, 2014 | 1386 users online

Lip Treatments - Dr. Hauschka - Lip Balm - pot

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

This lip balm in the pot is better than the stick formula. But the pot is smaller than other brands and harder to stick your finger in. Granted the packaging is really cute, similar to other Dr. Hauschka products.

Besides that, this lip balm doesn't do anything to moisturize the lips. It is made up of all natural ingredients, so perhaps among the paraben-free options this could very well be the best. But otherwise, you could moisturize your lips better with even the cheapest drugstore alternative. This product makes your lips feel greasy, nearly identical to applying oil to the skin. There is a strong scent similar to that of roses and lavender.

Lastly, for the amount in the pot, the price is so high. I have brought the ingredients individually and the mark up for this mixture is off the wall. You can get nearly the same formula buying the Boots Botanics Cleansing Balm...$8.49. Or get the Boots Botanics Super Balm...also organic with oddly similar ingredients.

Got this as a gift. I would not buy this nor recommend it. I will finish it though.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by dellywoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Expensive for what it is - I think for 10 I was expecting much more! Feels quite greasy, and doesn't last very long. Smells pleasantly of rose. Does the job I suppose but not worth the money!

EDIT: As a previous reviewer said, this is creamier and more moisturising once you get to 'the core' of the product. Still not great however!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Snarkysmachine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ALLERGY ALERT: This product, has peanut oil. Unfortunately, I found this out the hard way because the packaging was too small. I didn't have a huge reaction, but wow, that was close.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by ratyj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have got both lip balm in pot and in stick. I thought they were the same, but they don't. Apparently the pot one is much better. It applies smooth and easily. A little goes a long way. It does moist my lip, and without a greasy file left. And I love the sweet rose scent. Will buy it again and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by shar037

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As with any lip treatment...as long as there is no menthol or camphor...it works for me.
After I started using this stuff...I dropped Carmex like needy boyfriend!
I live in Minnesota where we have Winter temps as low as 20 below zero.
This balm has helped my lips sooo much.
I do agree, however, that the fragrance can be a bit cloying.
Also, this is great to rub on your cuticles at bedtime.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by tangoveay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has dried out my lips. The only thing nice about it is the shine it gives to the lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by smurfette77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip balm doesn't do anything to moisturize your lips. One hour after applying it, my lips felt more dry than before. I tried using it several times and found that any other lip balm does a better job than this one.

Can not recommend at all. Save your money for something better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this Dr.H lip balm. Although I'm not crazy about the pot version the stick didn't work as well. I like to massage this balm at night for a few minutes and I do think that it lessens the tiny lip lines that can form around lips. it plumps lips as well therefore is great to use before applying lipstick, balm, wait, blot, colour. One negative for me is the lavenderish smell as I despise lavender smell. There's no lavender that I can see in the ingredient list but there we go. Still, great product, a staple for me, even with the smell, the effects are too good to stop using it. It also lasts a long even with daily generous use. Recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by poppydoll

I've never had a product dry out my lips so much and I didn't even have dry lips to start with! At first the product feels very moisturizing but an hour after it's absorbed, my lips are peeling and they look disgusting. I wanted to give the lip balm a fair shot so I continued with it for about 4 days when I just had to stop. What a disappointment! Dry lips weren't an issue for me before I used this product but now they are. I gave it away.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by dezzilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

really nice. it smells great and very moisturizing. it is sticky but somehow i have to reapply often. i won't buy it again because it's too expensive for a such a tiny amount and it smells rancid after a short period of time. i like the holistic approach this brand is doing though.