Dr. Hauschka Lip Balm - pot

3.7

Castor (Ricinus communis) Oil, Beeswax (Cera flava), Peanut (Arachis hypogaea) Oil, Carrot (Daucus carota) Extract, Wheat (Triticum vulgare) Germ Oil, Anthyllis vulneraria Extract, Calendula officinalis Extract, Rice (Oryza sativa) Germ Oil, Cocoa (Theobroma cacao) Butter, Hypericum perforatum Extract, Silk (Serica) Powder, Jojoba (Buxus chinensis) Oil, Fragrance (essential oil), Lecithin, Glycerin

on 2/5/2013 12:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Expensive for what it is - I think for 10 I was expecting much more! Feels quite greasy, and doesn't last very long. Smells pleasantly of rose. Does the job I suppose but not worth the money!

EDIT: As a previous reviewer said, this is creamier and more moisturising once you get to 'the core' of the product. Still not great however!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

ALLERGY ALERT: This product, has peanut oil. Unfortunately, I found this out the hard way because the packaging was too small. I didn't have a huge reaction, but wow, that was close.

on 11/5/2012 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have got both lip balm in pot and in stick. I thought they were the same, but they don't. Apparently the pot one is much better. It applies smooth and easily. A little goes a long way. It does moist my lip, and without a greasy file left. And I love the sweet rose scent. Will buy it again and again.

on 12/8/2011 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

As with any lip treatment...as long as there is no menthol or camphor...it works for me.
After I started using this stuff...I dropped Carmex like needy boyfriend!
I live in Minnesota where we have Winter temps as low as 20 below zero.
This balm has helped my lips sooo much.
I do agree, however, that the fragrance can be a bit cloying.
Also, this is great to rub on your cuticles at bedtime.

on 11/13/2011 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product has dried out my lips. The only thing nice about it is the shine it gives to the lips.

on 4/26/2011 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This lip balm doesn't do anything to moisturize your lips. One hour after applying it, my lips felt more dry than before. I tried using it several times and found that any other lip balm does a better job than this one.

Can not recommend at all. Save your money for something better.

on 3/20/2011 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I love this Dr.H lip balm. Although I'm not crazy about the pot version the stick didn't work as well. I like to massage this balm at night for a few minutes and I do think that it lessens the tiny lip lines that can form around lips. it plumps lips as well therefore is great to use before applying lipstick, balm, wait, blot, colour. One negative for me is the lavenderish smell as I despise lavender smell. There's no lavender that I can see in the ingredient list but there we go. Still, great product, a staple for me, even with the smell, the effects are too good to stop using it. It also lasts a long even with daily generous use. Recommended.

on 3/19/2011 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've never had a product dry out my lips so much and I didn't even have dry lips to start with! At first the product feels very moisturizing but an hour after it's absorbed, my lips are peeling and they look disgusting. I wanted to give the lip balm a fair shot so I continued with it for about 4 days when I just had to stop. What a disappointment! Dry lips weren't an issue for me before I used this product but now they are. I gave it away.

on 12/13/2010 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

really nice. it smells great and very moisturizing. it is sticky but somehow i have to reapply often. i won't buy it again because it's too expensive for a such a tiny amount and it smells rancid after a short period of time. i like the holistic approach this brand is doing though.

on 10/28/2010 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this lip balm. It doesn't dry out my lips and it has a pleasant, natural scent. I carry it with me everywhere.

Popular Lip Treatments