July 28, 2014 | 979 users online

Eye Shadow - Shiseido - MAQuillAGE Eye Colors

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by KiuKiu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

*Pictures Included*

I love these eyeshadows! They are very smooth and silky and very pigmented. They aren't extremely pigmented like MAC, but they are very pigmented and show up nice and true. I prefer my eyeshadows this way because I want the color to show up a lot but I don't want the color to overpower my face. These eyeshadows are all shimmery and very pretty. The packaging is also really cute. I honestly don't know why, it's just a clear drawer-like case, but there's something about it that makes it adorable. I will definitely buy these again, these are my favorite eyeshadows ever!

My absolute favorites are:
GD874: 24k gold
RD783: a rosy medium taupe
BL784: a medium jewel blue with a nice iridescence
RD769: a perfect everyday taupe

The swatches (except for GR747, RD748, and BK972) are more pigmented in real life. And BL244 is actually kind of bright, like an 80's kind of shadow. It's my least favorite of them all.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2006 3:04:00 PM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***This review contains pictures of the product, please click continued to view the formatted version incl. pic(s)***

When I saw the eye colors the first time I decided I am going to skip them. I thought they look soooo similar to some of the Shiseido PN e/s (PN was replaced by Maquillage) so I thought I'd not need them.

Then for some reason I ordered 4 colors and they got me so hooked I needed to buy all the other colors.

Shiseido Maquillage Eye Colors come in clear little plastic cases where you can pull out the eyeshadow like a little drawer (similar to Majolica Majorca). The packaging looks minimalistic but somehow cute. I like it!

The e/s pans can be popped out to be put in a cusomize case (it holds only 2 e/s though so it's not worth it IMO). They don't need any glue because they can snap in the case nicely

Their texture was improved compared to PN e/s singles (to my surprise!). They are very silky and the pigmentation is better (I like PN singles but they are sheerer), all e/s singles are shimmery, a few even close to metallic. When they are new they look glittery but the glitter is only sprayed on the surface. I wiped it off before first use since I am not into glitter that much. Generally I prefer the darker shades over the lighter ones.

Each e/s single retails for roughly US$8-9, not exactly cheap for 1.5gms of product. I didn't notice any creasing, fading and irritation.

I have the following colors:

WT961: I mainly got this color to complete my collection. It's a pure metallic snow white. Pretty much like MM WT963.

YE162: light cream shadow with pearl sheen

BE263: peachy beige with pearl shine

PK164: very light shimmery baby pink

VI166: light lilac shade with pearl shine

GD865: medium golden brown with high shine, almost metallic

BR771: dark brown with golden undertones. This can look muddy

RD769: this is my absolute fave shade! A metallic taupe. I wonder why they labelled it a red (RD), it's clearly a taupe without any red in it. This is a knock-off of Majolica Majorca SV821, but MM is half the price but 1g instead of 1.5gms

BK972: dark charcoal with shimmer. It has a silver sheen to it

BL167: bright light aqua shade with shimmer that is almost metallic :P

GR168: bright mint-turquoise shade with high pearl shine

GR770: this is my other fave shade, a smokey leaf green (hard to describe, check the attached pic)

I am a PPP, NW15 with brown eyes.

continued >>