April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Miracle Cure

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by lilysdoll

This really didn't help strengthen my nails at all. I used most of my bottle. To give it a fair chance. Was using it as a base coat or alone. It really did nothing for my nails.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by mayumikiki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS:
-hardens your nails
-makes nails look shiny

CONS:
-does not do what it claims it does
-bubbles

Every winter my nails become very dry, brittle, and will split non-stop. Using this did not improve my nails at all. I've tried it for two winters already and my nails will continue to dry out and peel. I followed the directions and put on new coat every 2 days, however, the second coat always bubbled up like crazy leaving a textured look on my nails. Odd. Also the formula always got really sticky so it was difficult to put on a thin layer.

For the price, about 13-15$ CDN at a drugstore, definitely was not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had acrylic nails on for a while and when they came off my nails were brittle, peeling and very weak. I'd heard great reviews on this product and decided to give it a try. Worst $20 I have ever spent!

I used the product like directed, once a day and after a month I noticed no results. My nails were still brittle and peeling as well as being weak and breaking very easily. I started to use it as a base coat and noticed my nail polish would chip much quicker with this as a base.

It has now been sitting in a container for several months and every time I look at it I am reminded of the failure it was

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by chris83

This product is amazing!! I finally found a real cure for my peeling nails!! I used it for a month about once or twice a week and i cant beleive how effective it is! my nails stopped peeling and they are much harder! It also helps with nail growing. It is a must product if your nails peel!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ellienails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for three weeks..so far I think it is working well..I agree with the other user that this is suppose to help with peeling nails. It totally has! I am hoping it will help with my nail growth too.
check out my instagram pics of my nails! and follow my nail growth journey! @ellienails

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by jennyjams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I started a nail growth journey because my nails were in horrid condition..super short and peeling all the time. I decided to try to only wear a treatment on my nails for one month and follow a strict nail regimen. I bought this because I heard it was great for peeling nails. Two of my nails peel very badly and my other nails, once I get any kind of growth, they start peeling. This definitely stops the peeling right away. The bottle says to use every other day..instead I use it every day for 3 days straight then every other day the next 4 days. At the end of the week I take it all off and start over. I have done this for one month and my nails are noticeably better! They don't peel and have growth quite a bit..awesome!
Some reviews say it peels off easily..I have NOT had this problem at all..maybe they are using too thick of coats?..The bottle does say to use THIN coats so you have to follow the instructions regarding that..
I now use this as a base coat and it works great..Will continue to use and repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by 1Tanya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have naturally long, strong, healthy nails that always look fabulous...on my left hand. Since I am right handed, the nails on this hand tend to peel and then break especially on my index finger. I couldn't grow a long nail on my index finger for almost a year. And it would always look silly, because my left hand looks like I have acrylic or gel nails. I got a coupon for this treatment and I wasn't expecting anything from it, I bought it as a base coat. I apply 1 layer once a week as a base coat and I can see the difference. My nails are finally the same length. I'm not sure if it works for everyone, but it really helped me. I do recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Bylaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

WOW. Just wow!! This is the best nail product I have ever used, bar none.

My nails have been peeling like a mofo lately. I had a beautiful natural manicure that I worked really hard on and my friends all went squee over. For the first time in my life my nails were naturally stunning. And then my boss asked me to pack boxes for a week. My nails snapped off in short order and dried up so badly that NOTHING would remoisturize them. Nothing. They peeled, and peeled, and peeled some more and my cuticles went ragged. I went from having model hands to having tips like a bag lady. It was horrible!!! I had to clip everything off multiple times because of the flaking. I rubbed lotions of all kinds on and nothing helped. I tried a topcoat to stop the peeling, that didn't work at all, it just peeled off the next day. My nails have been a mess for eight weeks with no help in sight.

I bought this on a whim when I went to find the blue SH strengthening gel thinking that the gel would give me some moisture and relief from peeling so I could grow my nails back out again. I saw this and thought, Why Not. I bought both.

I applied it every other day three times, three coats in six days, after clipping everything off and starting with nothing AGAIN. I also applied the gel for three days.

I have no tips but what I DO have are shiny, hard, gorgeous little jewels that, as they are growing out, show no signs of peeling. This stuff didn't even start chipping until day 5 and then it was minimal and because it's clear you can't even tell and it was only on the tips, just barely, and only on my thumbs because I used them to open cat food cans. This treatment also doesn't shrink back immediately from the tips like Seche Vite does. So far so good!

I removed everything and started over last night because I have an event to go to and wanted what I do have to look perfect. I still don't have any real tips yet but I love how shiny and hard this makes my nails look, like I do have some sort of manicure. I soaked, removed, clipped cuticles, soaked some more, dried, and applied two coats of this.

This stuff is just flat out **awesome**. It is hard as he11 and oh so shiny! My tips are just barely starting to grow back and I am not seeing any flaking! I will add another last coat before my event tonight for extra shine and hardness. This stuff dries relatively fast too so no worries there as long as you are careful. My look right now is formal enough for an event but is great for daytime too. I am so happy with this, I think it literally saved my nails - and in a few weeks maybe I'll be able to have real tips and my done up look back again!

This is fantastic used alone but I suspect would make a fantastic bottom AND topcoat too. Seche who??

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am not one to be easily disappointed by products, but I did not like this one bit. I had nails looking a bit worse for wear, so I thought I'd give it a go. I swear my nails are worse now than they were before I bought them. And for the first time in my life, when I painted my nails with this as base coat, they went yellow. I thought that's what this was supposed to prevent! I went out and bought a new base coat/strengthener, and this one will probably go in the bin, which is such a waste of money. I might use it on my toes, just so I don't feel wasteful...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

my nails are generally on the weak side but recently I went over-kill with nail polish and this caused them to become brittle and peel. anyway I picked up a bottle of this stuff hoping for a quick fix, my nails were in a pretty bad shape after I tried a new type of polish on them.

as the box instructed I applied a coat every alternative day and I noticed the difference on day 3. the peeling stopped, my nails seem to harden a bit.

I've used it for a week so far and pretty pleased with the results, this one delivers :)