After a summer of constantly painting my nails they were in a bit of a sad state- bendy, peel-y, yellowy, flaky. All of the bad things. I purchased a bottle of this to try and spruce them up a little, and I have to say it has certainly helped. I usually use it as a base coat which I've had no trouble with. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is because I would like to try something else.
I have pretty good nails, but they do break occasionally. This is no "miracle" product, but I've found it works well as a strengthening base coat. Clear and shiny and makes my nails more resistant to breaking. I use Seche Vite as a top coat since it speeds up the drying process.
No product stops my nails from peeling. I'll just put it out there. All the top potions, nope. Glass file, nope. I've been on a high protein diet and taken biotin as well as prenatal vitamins daily. No dice. The only thing that does work is simply not using nail polish. Ever again. That route lasts a few months, but I get to missing fun colored nails, so...I just have to live with peeling. If I'm honest my hair is weak, too, so it's something on the inside I don't know about.
That said, I like this product. It makes my nails shiny, and once it peels off in 3 days I notice better looking, harder nails. My peel prone nails still did so, but they were going to anyway.
There's no sense in using this as a base coat, it peels too fast.
I recommend at least trying this once if you have chronic peeling nails. It isn't likely to be a perfect fix, though.
I use this product in combination with Orly Bonder on my nails as a base coat. Without the combination my nails are prone to breaking. With the combination, my nails only ships and/ or peel when my polish has flaked off. Considering I work with my hands, and my nails broke daily, this is a pretty significant improvement.
After a terrible nail fail left my nails splitting halfway up the nail bed and neon yellow stained nails, I went to the local pharmacy and got a bottle of this.
* Protein based strengthener which works well for me.
* Super shiny
* Makes my nails feel stronger. It leaves a stretchy bendy finish on the top. It peels off some after a few layers when I file my nails. I just remove it and start over when I plan to file my nails down.
* No new splits!
* One peely split on left hand middle finger has almost been glued down by the treatment. It should be out to the free edge in a few more days so I can file it all the way off.
* A finger that is notoriously peely for me has NO splits or peels after using this for a week. It looks so nice! I am not used to that.
* I have had trouble using this as a base coat. It works best for me to just use it alone. This is a con simply because my nails are stained.
* The 3 day claim on the bottle didn't really change my nails. One of the splits I am growing out now happened immediately after the first 3 day cycle when I tried to use color as well on my nails. I decided to use nothing except the treatment until all my nails are split free. Then I will try it as a base coat again.
* The brush is super long and narrow. It makes application a bit of a pain.
This really didn't help strengthen my nails at all. I used most of my bottle. To give it a fair chance. Was using it as a base coat or alone. It really did nothing for my nails.
-hardens your nails
-makes nails look shiny
-does not do what it claims it does
Every winter my nails become very dry, brittle, and will split non-stop. Using this did not improve my nails at all. I've tried it for two winters already and my nails will continue to dry out and peel. I followed the directions and put on new coat every 2 days, however, the second coat always bubbled up like crazy leaving a textured look on my nails. Odd. Also the formula always got really sticky so it was difficult to put on a thin layer.
For the price, about 13-15$ CDN at a drugstore, definitely was not worth it.
I had acrylic nails on for a while and when they came off my nails were brittle, peeling and very weak. I'd heard great reviews on this product and decided to give it a try. Worst $20 I have ever spent!
I used the product like directed, once a day and after a month I noticed no results. My nails were still brittle and peeling as well as being weak and breaking very easily. I started to use it as a base coat and noticed my nail polish would chip much quicker with this as a base.
It has now been sitting in a container for several months and every time I look at it I am reminded of the failure it was
This product is amazing!! I finally found a real cure for my peeling nails!! I used it for a month about once or twice a week and i cant beleive how effective it is! my nails stopped peeling and they are much harder! It also helps with nail growing. It is a must product if your nails peel!!!
I have been using this for three weeks..so far I think it is working well..I agree with the other user that this is suppose to help with peeling nails. It totally has! I am hoping it will help with my nail growth too.
check out my instagram pics of my nails! and follow my nail growth journey! @ellienails