Sally Hansen Miracle Cure

3.5

on 8/10/2015 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Im satisfy with this product. My nails are realy harder, shiner and much more healthier. I would buy it again. I bought it with a magazin, because it was a present. All in all it cost about 3 euros (with the paper). A really good bargin :)

on 8/10/2015 2:39:00 AM

Having just had a very stubborn gel polish removed my nails have been breaking, flaking and peeling for the last few weeks. I purchased the Miracle Cure to hopefully assist with strengthening my nails a bit so they had a chance to grow. Immediately after Miracle Cure dried I could no longer feel the uneven surface of my nails, they were smooth and looked in much better condition than they were. After about 2 weeks of use my nails have gotten much stronger and have finally grown some. It does require re-application every two days or so as it peels off quite quickly, but it's relatively quick to dry so this is no problem for me. It's a bit pricey in comparison to some higher end products but it's also more readily available to buy in my area. Would buy again.

on 5/3/2015 9:15:00 PM

Useless. Sorry I wasted my money on this. Now fafantastically happy with OPI ORIGINAL FORMULA NAIL ENVY. Go ahead and pay for something that actually works. Not this.

on 4/10/2015 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I telephoned Customer Service at Sally Hansen and said I was looking for a treatment base coat for my dry nails that broke (split) at the sides. Miracle Cure is the recommended product. According to the packaging, this strengthening treatment for severely dry and brittle problem nails is guaranteed to provide 50% stronger nails in three days. It's a clear polish that can be used by itself or as a base coat and top coat. I used it as base and top coat. It dries quickly and has a great shine. It's been five days since I began to use Miracle Cure. Almost immediately my nails began to feel harder. Unfortunately, almost immediately my nails began to break off at the ends. Miracle Cure doesn't have DBP, toluene, or formaldehyde.

on 3/22/2015 7:34:00 PM

did nothing for my peeling nails. wouldn't repurchase.

on 10/1/2014 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After a summer of constantly painting my nails they were in a bit of a sad state- bendy, peel-y, yellowy, flaky. All of the bad things. I purchased a bottle of this to try and spruce them up a little, and I have to say it has certainly helped. I usually use it as a base coat which I've had no trouble with. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is because I would like to try something else.

on 8/8/2014 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have pretty good nails, but they do break occasionally. This is no "miracle" product, but I've found it works well as a strengthening base coat. Clear and shiny and makes my nails more resistant to breaking. I use Seche Vite as a top coat since it speeds up the drying process.

on 6/22/2014 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

No product stops my nails from peeling. I'll just put it out there. All the top potions, nope. Glass file, nope. I've been on a high protein diet and taken biotin as well as prenatal vitamins daily. No dice. The only thing that does work is simply not using nail polish. Ever again. That route lasts a few months, but I get to missing fun colored nails, so...I just have to live with peeling. If I'm honest my hair is weak, too, so it's something on the inside I don't know about.

That said, I like this product. It makes my nails shiny, and once it peels off in 3 days I notice better looking, harder nails. My peel prone nails still did so, but they were going to anyway.

There's no sense in using this as a base coat, it peels too fast.

I recommend at least trying this once if you have chronic peeling nails. It isn't likely to be a perfect fix, though.

I use this product in combination with Orly Bonder on my nails as a base coat. Without the combination my nails are prone to breaking. With the combination, my nails only ships and/ or peel when my polish has flaked off. Considering I work with my hands, and my nails broke daily, this is a pretty significant improvement.

on 5/28/2014 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

After a terrible nail fail left my nails splitting halfway up the nail bed and neon yellow stained nails, I went to the local pharmacy and got a bottle of this.

Pros:
* Protein based strengthener which works well for me.
* Super shiny
* Makes my nails feel stronger. It leaves a stretchy bendy finish on the top. It peels off some after a few layers when I file my nails. I just remove it and start over when I plan to file my nails down.
* No new splits!
* One peely split on left hand middle finger has almost been glued down by the treatment. It should be out to the free edge in a few more days so I can file it all the way off.
* A finger that is notoriously peely for me has NO splits or peels after using this for a week. It looks so nice! I am not used to that.

Cons:
* I have had trouble using this as a base coat. It works best for me to just use it alone. This is a con simply because my nails are stained.
* The 3 day claim on the bottle didn't really change my nails. One of the splits I am growing out now happened immediately after the first 3 day cycle when I tried to use color as well on my nails. I decided to use nothing except the treatment until all my nails are split free. Then I will try it as a base coat again.
* The brush is super long and narrow. It makes application a bit of a pain.

Popular Treatments