October 1, 2014 | 2116 users online

Treatments (Face) - Loma - Lux Acne Pill

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by SylvieKatz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Loma Lux is a homeopathic Acne Pill that states to treat and prevent acne breakouts such as whiteheads and blackheads. Some use this as a safe alternative to harsh internal acne treatments. Personally, I did not experience any results with this pill but it could have been because my body did not react as it should have to the homeopathic ingredients. I only used this for a few weeks and then discontinued. Many people that I know have experienced great results and I think it soley depends on your body type and what your body is used to.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2006 9:31:00 PM More reviews by kedves

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried it. It's worthless for me. It's not expensive, so it might be worth a try. The placebo effect is not to be laughed at; it's a genuine effect for many people.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2006 11:49:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Loma lux acne treatment is a homeopathic tablet designed by a dermatologist. Designed to treat pimples, blackheads and blemishes associated with acne and rosacea. Hormonal ups and downs have cause my 38 years skin to have stubborn break outs in new places- acne vulgaris on my chest and cystic acne on my forehead. I tried so many topical products for 2 years before finding this product. The acne on my chest is gone and after the first two months of using this, I stopped using topical treatments. There was no change in my blackheads or cystic acne on my forehead. To me, this is so worth taking to not have the persistent acne on my chest. I take two tablets a day between meals. Give it a month or two to work. Update: After using for two months stopped working for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2005 9:15:00 PM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First, it's a pill, not a toner. I can't bear to rewrite this just to get the proper heading- sorry!At 39 I experienced a resurgance of the cystic acne I thought was gone with my youth. Outbreaks were connected with my monthly cycle, and by the time one outbreak was begining to look less angry and red, a new one was forming. The cysts are deep below the layers of skin, and form nodules that often never breakdown, and scar even if you never pick. I was trying the usual otc measures, unwilling to subject myself to oral antibiotics. At Target in the facial cleanser aisle I found this bottle of Loma Lux. It sells @ apx $27 for 100 tabs, and is a homeopathic remedy. I had no experience with homeopathy, and had been skeptical knowing that the AI content is infintissimal. However, I bought it anyway, desperation over-riding monetary concerns. I am now on my second bottle. I take 2 tabs/day for my body weight. The label advises minimally 3 weeks before effects generally seen. I have seen other review sites with complaints about no effect after 3 days. Don't make that mistake if you try it. When I went from usual 5 cysts/month to 1, I was optimistic. I have been cyst free for 2 months now. It is such a relief to be free of this difiguring and debilitating affliction!!Finally my skin has the chance to heal the months of outbreaks, and I'm working on fading those scars. I credit the product totally for the transformation. There are many informative sites on homeopathy, I am not qualified to explain the fine points, but basically as I get it, you are dosing yourself with HEAVILY diluted forms of the very type substance that creates the problem, and priming your bodies immune system, rather like a vaccine, I imagine. ('like cures like') It is not cheap, but when you find something that truly helps your symptoms and does not disturb other balances in the body on the way, the cost is a value you accept greatfully. I can't say enough about this product. I hope that it works for you if you need it to. If anyone wants to swap it away, let me know.UPDATE 1/11/06: I have been using faithfully, and have found that while it seems to be cutting down the amount of acne I typically experience, there have been months when I've had a bit of a breakout. I have also been using some new skin treatments for fading/ exfoliating and rehydrating post peels that are prob contributing to irritation and acne. I have not given up on the loma lux, but I wonder if I'm becomming 'immune' to it? Still, acne not as bad as pre- L.L.