November 23, 2014 | 1807 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Shu Uemura - Eyelash Curler

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by KrystineVu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So Ive heard tons of positive reviews about this eyelash curler, and decided that I must have one on my makeup bag. It obviously hold the curl for a long time (around 4 hours for my Asian eyelashes), but if you wanna make sure that the curl looks perfect, bring it with you cos you might need some touch-ups during the day. The thing I hate about this eyelash curler is that it pinches my eyes everytime I use it (which I thought never happens with such an expensive one), so Im thinking of trying some other ones from Shiseido and Lancome.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by MsEllieJellyBelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This eyelash curler does an amazing job of curling my straight, Asian eyelashes without my putting too much effort into it. I swipe one coat of Waterproof Maybelline Falsies on afterward and my lashes stay curled all day! I've had it for a couple of months now and I haven't needed to change the pad and haven't seen the spring get weaker either. Even on a day when I don't put on makeup, I use this curler to open up my eyes as it's become a wonderful necessity!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

So far, I've been using this for a few years and I have repurchased it every 2 years or so due to the spring slowly not working as well as it did in the beginning... I also replace the pads every so often.

As a person who doesn't put much impact on her lashes (aka limp asian lashes, and I do not care for mascara.) I simply curl for the sole purpose of putting on a weak coat of mascara so that it can blend in with my false lashes.

This is my go-to as it does not pinch my lids, and never crimped off my lashes, and I find that important for me to return to this. Also, I have tried the S-curler and do not care for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by swtlitchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Each person will find individual curlers/brands better than others depending on their eye shape, and I have found that the Shu Uemura and the Shiseido curlers are the best for my wimpy and short Asian lashes. Although I am Chinese, I do not have a mono lid, but I do have a hooded eye where my crease is very close to my lash line. Most of the time I will wear mascara, but won't see much of my lashes because they are short and don't curl upwards, or are curled, but the hooded lid kind of pushes them back down. The Shu curler is great for the shape of my eyes- it's a bit flatter in the curve so it is good to catch the small lashes at the sides of my lids. I think you can accidentally pinch the skin with any curler, so I don't particularly blame the curler if I occasionally catch my skin- it's about angling the curler in the right part of the socket before compressing the handles together.

The curler is made of two parts: the metal frame, and a removable/disposable rubber pad. There is an additional pad included, and there is a suggested wear time for both the pad and the curler itself. Apparently the curler will lose some of it's effectiveness over time becuase of the amount that you compress it. I have not replaced mine (it's been like 4 to 5 years), but I suppose I should be...??? Anyways, I still enjoy this curler and think it is worth the investment even though there are no longer any Shu Uemura stores or counters in the US.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by wenyuzhang88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the only eyelash curler I have ever owned. I've had the same one for a little over eight years now (!!!) and it has worked flawlessly all this time.

I think I read somewhere that this curler is specially designed for East Asian eyes and thus works fantastically on lashes like mine. Don't quote me on it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by iBrowse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My first and only eyelash curler, it is definitely my HG. It curls beautifully and the design is minimal and sleek.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Griffin13

I was so excited to purchase this however it has not worked out and I am Very surprised/confused. I have never had an issue with even cheap lash curlers and was hoping for an upgrade. I have used it four or five times and each time I find that it curls Less than my cheap revlon curler which I had previously thought was useless.
I have fairly long (when curled they can hit my eyebrows), dark, think, lashes but am always looking for something with a dramatic, long lasting curl. I have been curling my lashes for as long I can remember and am by no means shy when using them. On two occasions it seemed like it didn't do anything at all and definitely misses my outer lashes every time. I understand that mascara plays a significant role in the curling process however the mascara is the same, the curler is not. I have watched tutorials to make sure i'm not missing something.. not sure what went wrong here but I am so disappointed I am taking this back ASAP.

Update,
This curler is great for ladies looking for a "natural subtle curl." Im guessing the sales associate completely misunderstood me when I said I wanted to look like I was wearing falsies all the time.. Now using the general sephora curler and am Much happier.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by franneh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been using Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler for years, and it is absolutely amazing. Curls very well and does not pull on your eyelashes. The only comparable curler I can think of is the Japonesque Go Curl Pocket Curler -- it does WONDERS but it's made of plastics and breaks way too easily. Sticking to Shu Uemura! It's a must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Missclo1234

Best eyelash curler on the market! Doesn't pull the lashes. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by manny1996

This is my favorite eyelash curler for sure. It's nice and wide so it hits almost all my lashes. Really like it.