October 20, 2014 | 2138 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Shu Uemura - Eyelash Curler

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by wenyuzhang88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the only eyelash curler I have ever owned. I've had the same one for a little over eight years now (!!!) and it has worked flawlessly all this time.

I think I read somewhere that this curler is specially designed for East Asian eyes and thus works fantastically on lashes like mine. Don't quote me on it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by iBrowse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My first and only eyelash curler, it is definitely my HG. It curls beautifully and the design is minimal and sleek.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Griffin13

I was so excited to purchase this however it has not worked out and I am Very surprised/confused. I have never had an issue with even cheap lash curlers and was hoping for an upgrade. I have used it four or five times and each time I find that it curls Less than my cheap revlon curler which I had previously thought was useless.
I have fairly long (when curled they can hit my eyebrows), dark, think, lashes but am always looking for something with a dramatic, long lasting curl. I have been curling my lashes for as long I can remember and am by no means shy when using them. On two occasions it seemed like it didn't do anything at all and definitely misses my outer lashes every time. I understand that mascara plays a significant role in the curling process however the mascara is the same, the curler is not. I have watched tutorials to make sure i'm not missing something.. not sure what went wrong here but I am so disappointed I am taking this back ASAP.

Update,
This curler is great for ladies looking for a "natural subtle curl." Im guessing the sales associate completely misunderstood me when I said I wanted to look like I was wearing falsies all the time.. Now using the general sephora curler and am Much happier.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by franneh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been using Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler for years, and it is absolutely amazing. Curls very well and does not pull on your eyelashes. The only comparable curler I can think of is the Japonesque Go Curl Pocket Curler -- it does WONDERS but it's made of plastics and breaks way too easily. Sticking to Shu Uemura! It's a must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Missclo1234

Best eyelash curler on the market! Doesn't pull the lashes. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by manny1996

This is my favorite eyelash curler for sure. It's nice and wide so it hits almost all my lashes. Really like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by wonderlaine

I wished it work on me like how it did on other girls. I'm asian, my eyes are fairly big, though. I tried curling it several ways and even followed tutorials but it didn't work on me. It couldn't reach my shorter eyelashes at the tip of my eyes. I like the light and sleek design though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

My HG eyelash curler was the gold Revlon one from a few years ago (which I think has been discontinued, since I haven't found it anywhere lately). I was in Japan for vacation recently and picked up the Shu eyelash curler on a whim since it was reasonably priced and supposedly built for Asian eyes like mine.

It is a bit shorter and less curved than Western eyelash curlers, which may make it difficult to use for people with HUGE, wide eyes. However, it does work really well on my eye shape and curls quickly and efficiently, although something about its shape makes it get really close to the base of my lashes and occaisonally pinch me. (I'm not sure why, the Revlon one never did this to me. I'm taking off a lippie for that since I use the same motions as I always do with the Revlon curler.)

In the end, this is a moderately-priced, well-developed curler for people with smaller or flatter eyes. I don't recommend it for everyone, especially since it's a bit pricier than drugstore curlers and only avaliable at Shu counters.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

I have extremely short, straight, sparse Asian eyelashes and this curler does a good job of giving them some life. I prefer this over the comparable Shiseido curler because it is more curved and thus causes less pinching. Paired with a good waterproof mascara, the curls last pretty much all day. It's definitely not a miracle worker, but also definitely an integral part of my makeup routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ElaDani

I wish I were among the girls who love Shu Uemura’s eyelash curler! Because it is so much easier to find it! But it is not the most suitable curler for hazel eyes. It pinches the skin if you try to reach the whole lashes.