February 1, 2015 | 1275 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Shu Uemura - Eyelash Curler

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2015 12:08:00 PM More reviews by maehyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have little eyes with short, sparse eyelashes and this is the only eyelash curler I've used for the past five years! I wouldn't recommend any other!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2015 8:03:00 PM More reviews by fatnoise

I have asian tapered double eyelids, this is probably the most effective eyelash curler I've tried (although I haven't tried the Shiseido curler yet). It's definitely expensive compared to most lash curlers in the market but it honestly does the trick if you have stubborn, super straight lashes. Shu Uemura really needs to sell the rubber eyelash curler refills because I don't want to be spending so much money for the same eyelash curler again when mine wears out because of the rubber.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 9:08:00 PM More reviews by gardeniarose

I have been using it for years (have been using the same curler for 4 years) and its definitely a product I'll be using for even longer! I'm not fond of curlers that are too cushioned and this curler isn't one of them. Lashes are curled well and stay curled, definitely a classic staple.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2015 6:18:00 PM More reviews by purplerose95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Shu Uemura eyelash curler is a well made product! I purchased the eyelash curler from Sephora for $24 in Canada. Most of the time, my lashes are kink free, however sometimes the curler doesn't get all my lashes at the ends so there is some kink there. I guess my eye shape isn't the best for this curler. I usually first curl the middle part of my lashes and then angle the curler is a way to curl the ends of the lashes. Still. I'm very impressed with this curler's ability to curl my lashes, they look so long and beautiful. With mascara, my lashes look doll like.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Brooklynzigzag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

EPIC! Holds curl and gives that wonderful curl not a KINK! Just buy It already

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

WOW this is a great eye lash curler.
You can really feel how it lifts the lashes and really gets to the root of them!
It also dosen't put pressure or hurt, my fav eye lash curler by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by abzhang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had initially convinced myself that I could make do with the $2.80 eyelash curler that I had purchased from Japanese bargain store Daiso however after a few months, I succumbed and purchased the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler at its rather hefty price.

Oh. My. God. I don't know how I lasted with the Daiso curler for so long (actually I do, and that's because I hadn't tried the Shu one yet) because while it was good for its price tag and it did its job, the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler blew it OUT OF THE WATER.

Firstly, it fit my eye shape very well. For reference, I am Asian but not monolidded, however I have heard from friends with monolids that this fits their eyes perfectly as well.

Secondly, there was NO CRIMPING! You could press as hard as you like (not recommended though) and your lashes would still not crimp.

Lastly, the curl lasts ALL DAY. I have honestly woken up the morning after I'd curled my lashes the day before and my lashes would still be curled. It was amazing.

For those of you who live in Australia, I highly recommend that you look past the price tag - which, after David Jones' reduction from $40 to $29 is not ALL that terrible - and make the purchase. I can honestly say that I will not be buying a different eyelash curler ever again.

For those of you who are not Australian... I highly recommend! A wonderfully performing and durable eyelash curler (yes, despite the price. You get what you pay for with this!).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by archt_marj14

I used to really love this. It fit my Asian eyes perfectly & consistently produced natural curls. However, after a year, the curler itself doesn't work as well anymore, & SU don't sell refill silicone pads. I find it ridiculous to have to pay 1000+ PhP every 6months or year for a new eyelash curler, & that is why I defected to Shiseido.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

Firstly I am marking the price with 4 lippies because even with my 10% off voucher for Selfridges I still half died paying for these!

I've never really cared for lash curlers before now. I naturally have pretty good lashes that have a good curl and good length!

I don't know what happened but I started to wonder if whether I was really getting the best out of my mascaras if I wasn't prepping my lashes properly and maybe if I purchased lash curlers mascaras that hadn't previously worked might perform better if my lashes were curled.

I've heard so many rants and raves about the s/u lash curlers and just went for it! (despite the devastating price tag)

So so so glad I have these now and wouldn't be without them! They improve the performance of my mascaras and I find even the cheapest/most basic of mascaras work 10x better when I use these lash curlers beforehand! My curl holds near enough all day (give or take depending on the mascara I'm wearing that day) and my eyes look so much more open!

I also love that you get an extra one of the the rubber things that help you to squeeze the lashes and my mum often complains about her curlers becoming less effective when this rubber part loses it's bounce so I know it makes a difference!

I honestly couldn't believe the difference these made and if you're like me and don't feel you need them then please re think because my eyelashes look 100% better when I've used these! (Although I don't necessarily recommend spending 20, Boots/Superdrug actually stock a surprising amount of different branded curlers!)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by naicha

Major disappointment - I was so excited to try this but it hardly curls my lashes! Maybe it is due to the fact that I have deep-set eyes but I find the Shu's really hard to get close to my lashline and even after much fiddling I cannot seem to get a good curl. I'm much happier with my Tweezerman's and really don't get the hype...