Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

4.2

:P

I have had mine for 8 years or so and it is still perfect. I have tried a few brands but nothing comes close to the mack daddy of curlers. It does the best job and keeps it simple.

Excellent product which delivers the promised performance: provides a good curl that lasts long.
The problem for me is the shape and depth of the curve. I have to be really careful to get all the lashes curled and prevent my lids from being pinched. I am assuming it is due to the fact the curler is Asian. Wish they made a different version of the curler for European buyers with a deeper curve.

on 5/28/2015 2:27:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I've been using this eyelash curler for several years now and it is the only one I have ever been happy with. I'm always happy with the results and the lack of pinching if I do make a mistake. One issue is that it is not quite big enough for my big eyes, but it's not that a second pass with the curler can't deal with. Another issue is that it doesn't come with more than one replacement pad so you have to keep buying new curlers. Finally, it is like $20 for one curler, which could always be cheaper, but I'm happy enough with it that I'm willing to continue spending.

on 5/15/2015 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using the Shu Uemura eyelash curler for about a year now and I find that the flatness of the eyelash curler fits my Asian eye shape very well. Since converting to this curler, I haven't had any painful pinches to eyelid skin. The width is good for me as I can fit all my lashes into the curler, but I do have smaller eyes so this might not be the case for everyone. The top metal part of the curler is also pretty thin so I can get really close to the base of my lashes. I always curl my lashes when using mascara and even just use the curler without mascara for days when I don't feel like wearing make up. I was initially reluctant to buy it because of the AU$30 price tag but have no regrets!

on 5/2/2015 4:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

At the end of the day, an eyelash curler is an eyelash curler. But This is amazing and definitely does it's job - makes such a difference to my lashes! If you're looking for an eyelash curler and you're prepared to spend a little bit extra, I would definitely recommend this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this eyelash curler, it curls my eyelash for all day. I honestly don't wear mascara on a daily basis because I'm focusing on treating my eyelashes with Rimmel's serum. My eyelashes are still sparse, but it's growing graciously and this curler is so gentle at my thickening lashes. Love it.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

The best eyelash curler. I hope it comes with a doze of refills. lol nuff said (Y)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was always a fan of the shiseido eyelash curler. I live in the U.S. so when I went to Asia for vacation, I got my hands on the Shu Uemura eyelash curler. So. Frickin. Good. I have almond shape eyes. This curler curls your lashes effortly. It doesn't open as wide as the shiseido one but it works beautifully. I use my shiseido one to curl my real lashes to my falsies. Definitely would repurchase this!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

LOVE THIS! it's a great investment but the annoying thing is that it came with only one replacement pad so it's always a hassle to go find those pads. Works great, esp on my asian lashes

on 2/23/2015 4:28:00 PM

I love curling my lashes, but no matter how many times I hear a praise for this one - it won't change the fact that it just doesn't fit my eye shape! It is made in Japan and it is just too flat to reach the outer lashes of my eyes! The metal body, the uncomfortable handles, the side-bars that pinch the eyelid - ouch! If you want to try a curler that is truly unique, that is customized to your eye shape using 3D scanning app - check out: http://goo.gl/eF49wb

Popular Misc Beauty Tools