July 28, 2014 | 2054 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Shu Uemura - Eyelash Curler

rated 4.2(2098 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by honeyappleseed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i dont have very long eyelashes. so this product is so wonderful i dont leave the house without my handy dandy eyelash curler!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Hannahim7

I really love this product. I have very thick, drooped down, black eyelashes so I tried many different eyelash curlers and this one is the one I use most of the time. It works really well, and your eyelashes will be in good condition. (Some eyelashes curlers make my eyelashes fall out like crazy) If i could only use 3 pieces for my entire life, i would choose concealer, mascara, and this eyelash curler.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by dyanp989

I'm happy with this. Before now, curlers didn't curl my lashes, they turned into more of an "L." With this, i get a lovely curl that lasts all day. Worth the $$.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by vanessa2009

I bought this curler from Duty Free in Singapore, and it costed me $18SGD, so round about $15AUD. This is the only eyelash curler I have ever used - I read some excellent reviews about it being made for asian eyes, saw it at a cheap price, and bought it. Before purchasing this, I never bothered much with my lashes. I was one of those girls that depended solely on eyeliner, and because I have asian lashes, never really felt like mascara made much of a difference before I began curling them. Now that I do curl them, my lashes are actually quite nice and long. The curl holds all day, too, until I remove my mascara. Sometimes I do have issues with it not reaching the lashes on my outer corner, and when I do try to reach those, I end up with an odd curl overall (90 degrees up!). I have pinched my eye before but that was my fault, I didn't hold the curler properly and my hand slipped. I think it gets the job done, it has never taken off any eyelashes (though when I remove my make up, there's always one lash that falls off, but nothing dramatic). I think that you cannot really go wrong with this lash curler, and if you do experience problems, it is most likely due to inexperience. You need to learn how to fit this curler with your eye shape.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I never believed in curling my lashes until I got this. I never thought it made a difference and that's because my curlers were just terrible compared to this. It really lengthens and curls my eyelashes, and with my Maybelline full n soft mascara, my eyes look huge and beautiful. Totally in love with this curler.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Tzor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first review - and unfortunately it's not a good one.

I have referred to Makeup Alley for many new products. I live in New Zealand, and sometimes I have to try brands I'm not familiar with.

My Revlon curler could not be replaced here, so I went more upmarket with the Shu Uemura as it had really good reviews.

For me - this eyelash curler took my once lush lashes - and reduced them to about 10 spindly lashes on each eye in under a month. I thought I was having a health problem and was about to see a doctor, until I realized this curler has been pulling my lashes out - a few each day.

(I took a photo of some of the damage one morning, and there are six to seven lashes in the palm of my hand - this is when I stopped using it)

I now have to pay $200 for LiLash and wait six weeks for my lashes to get back to normal.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by 16chances

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Being asian, I have relatively more lashes but still sparse and falls downwards. This eyelash curler has the perfect shape for my eyes and it clamps all my lashes with the exception on my most inner lashes that are the shortest. The curl holds the whole night. Inside the box, it provides a free silicone rubber pad. It is definitely worth the money as your eyes don't get pinched and your lashes stay curled.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Maddielicious

I have my shu uemura eye curler for nearly 10 years now and hadn't encounter any problem. I've used other eye curlers in the past, some hurt my eyes some damaged my eyelashes from squeezing to hard just to have that perfect curl but with shu uemura eye curler just one squeeze your eyelashes is perfectly curled and it fits comfortably in the eye area so won't hurt your eyes when about to squeeze. It's quite expensive but definitely worth the investment,you'll have it for a long time if taken care for properly. The best eye curler in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by oonallee

HG makeup product. Have had a drugstore one for ages and didn't really see how they are so amazing. Purchased this one on recommendation from Lisa Eldridge. The first time I used it I was totally amazed at the result. Plus I now need very little mascara. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

I love this curler when I want a more dramatic curl. I also use the Shiseido, which isn't as sturdy, so it gives me a natural curl. I love both and consider both my HG. It just depends on what kind of look I want. I've got the typical straight Asian lashes and I've got sunken mono lids. Both curlers fit my eyes well. One more than the other (so one fits the Shu better and the other fits the Shiseido... it's peculiar but my eyes are not the same shape).

It is an expensive curler but I think it's worth it, especially because I know these work for me. If you're finding that the Western lash curlers don't quite work for you, try the Shu.