August 28, 2014 | 1647 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Shu Uemura - Eyelash Curler

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by wonderlaine

I wished it work on me like how it did on other girls. I'm asian, my eyes are fairly big, though. I tried curling it several ways and even followed tutorials but it didn't work on me. It couldn't reach my shorter eyelashes at the tip of my eyes. I like the light and sleek design though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

My HG eyelash curler was the gold Revlon one from a few years ago (which I think has been discontinued, since I haven't found it anywhere lately). I was in Japan for vacation recently and picked up the Shu eyelash curler on a whim since it was reasonably priced and supposedly built for Asian eyes like mine.

It is a bit shorter and less curved than Western eyelash curlers, which may make it difficult to use for people with HUGE, wide eyes. However, it does work really well on my eye shape and curls quickly and efficiently, although something about its shape makes it get really close to the base of my lashes and occaisonally pinch me. (I'm not sure why, the Revlon one never did this to me. I'm taking off a lippie for that since I use the same motions as I always do with the Revlon curler.)

In the end, this is a moderately-priced, well-developed curler for people with smaller or flatter eyes. I don't recommend it for everyone, especially since it's a bit pricier than drugstore curlers and only avaliable at Shu counters.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

I have extremely short, straight, sparse Asian eyelashes and this curler does a good job of giving them some life. I prefer this over the comparable Shiseido curler because it is more curved and thus causes less pinching. Paired with a good waterproof mascara, the curls last pretty much all day. It's definitely not a miracle worker, but also definitely an integral part of my makeup routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ElaDani

I wish I were among the girls who love Shu Uemura’s eyelash curler! Because it is so much easier to find it! But it is not the most suitable curler for hazel eyes. It pinches the skin if you try to reach the whole lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by honeyappleseed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i dont have very long eyelashes. so this product is so wonderful i dont leave the house without my handy dandy eyelash curler!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Hannahim7

I really love this product. I have very thick, drooped down, black eyelashes so I tried many different eyelash curlers and this one is the one I use most of the time. It works really well, and your eyelashes will be in good condition. (Some eyelashes curlers make my eyelashes fall out like crazy) If i could only use 3 pieces for my entire life, i would choose concealer, mascara, and this eyelash curler.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by dyanp989

I'm happy with this. Before now, curlers didn't curl my lashes, they turned into more of an "L." With this, i get a lovely curl that lasts all day. Worth the $$.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by vanessa2009

I bought this curler from Duty Free in Singapore, and it costed me $18SGD, so round about $15AUD. This is the only eyelash curler I have ever used - I read some excellent reviews about it being made for asian eyes, saw it at a cheap price, and bought it. Before purchasing this, I never bothered much with my lashes. I was one of those girls that depended solely on eyeliner, and because I have asian lashes, never really felt like mascara made much of a difference before I began curling them. Now that I do curl them, my lashes are actually quite nice and long. The curl holds all day, too, until I remove my mascara. Sometimes I do have issues with it not reaching the lashes on my outer corner, and when I do try to reach those, I end up with an odd curl overall (90 degrees up!). I have pinched my eye before but that was my fault, I didn't hold the curler properly and my hand slipped. I think it gets the job done, it has never taken off any eyelashes (though when I remove my make up, there's always one lash that falls off, but nothing dramatic). I think that you cannot really go wrong with this lash curler, and if you do experience problems, it is most likely due to inexperience. You need to learn how to fit this curler with your eye shape.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I never believed in curling my lashes until I got this. I never thought it made a difference and that's because my curlers were just terrible compared to this. It really lengthens and curls my eyelashes, and with my Maybelline full n soft mascara, my eyes look huge and beautiful. Totally in love with this curler.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Tzor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first review - and unfortunately it's not a good one.

I have referred to Makeup Alley for many new products. I live in New Zealand, and sometimes I have to try brands I'm not familiar with.

My Revlon curler could not be replaced here, so I went more upmarket with the Shu Uemura as it had really good reviews.

For me - this eyelash curler took my once lush lashes - and reduced them to about 10 spindly lashes on each eye in under a month. I thought I was having a health problem and was about to see a doctor, until I realized this curler has been pulling my lashes out - a few each day.

(I took a photo of some of the damage one morning, and there are six to seven lashes in the palm of my hand - this is when I stopped using it)

I now have to pay $200 for LiLash and wait six weeks for my lashes to get back to normal.