Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

4.2

:P

on 8/28/2015 8:56:00 AM

This is the only eyelash curler that didn't tug on my lashes. And it curled well, naturally curly looking and not angled curls

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was using the same Shiseido eyelash curler for 4 years and it just kind of stopped working (it didn't break, it just wouldn't keep my eyelashes curled), so I decided to finally try the oh so hyped Shu Uemura eyelash curler. Well, I wasn't disappointed. It fits my eye shape very well (I have quite round eyes) and really makes my eyelashes hold the curl (I've used this without even wearing mascara and my eyelashes stayed curled the whole day).

on 8/16/2015 7:37:00 PM

Recently bought this, so the review may be edited later on. I heard this was really good for people with flatter eyes, so I bought it after I realized how frustrating the S curler could be (bought that one too, but returned it). It works fine, but I feel like there isn't enough... oomph to it? My lashes curl, but not as strongly as I thought they would. I think that may be a fault of my mascara too though (will be purchasing a new one soon).

Gave this three lippies because I'm not sure how much I like it. I'll edit when I change my mind.

on 8/11/2015 8:26:00 AM

Honestly,i use my 2 dollar daiso lash curler and it keeps my lashes curled all day.To me,it is the techniques that we adopt to curl our lashes that matters

on 8/7/2015 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

It was hard for me to get hold of this product since I live in The Netherlands. Luckily I was in London last December, so I had to get this! And seriously, I'm so happy I did. I will never use another eyelash curler in my life! It keeps my lashes curled all day and even when I remove all of my eye make-up, they still look great. The price is reasonable since it will last you ages. GO. BUY. IT. NOW.

on 8/5/2015 7:49:00 AM

This is those eyelash curler that fits my eye shape perfectly without pinching my skin(that hurts!!) ? My lash grows downward so every time when I apply mascara I'll have to curl them. I have been wanting this curler for quite some time but it's pretty costly for a curler, but finally, I decide to try it out since my old lash curler can no longer work. And it work amazing for me! It gives a natural curl to the lash , not the scary 'L' shape.

on 7/18/2015 5:12:00 PM

Much better than drugstore brands, you will notice the difference. I personally like to heat it up a little with a hairdryer before using it. I've tried the Dior heated eyelash curler but I find just warming this one up a little is a lot more effective.

on 7/11/2015 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Shu umer or shiseido are the only eyelash curlers to get, they are the best hands down.

on 7/11/2015 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have absolutely loved this lash curler since the very first day I purchased it. Until I recently found out that I can not, I repeat CAN NOT buy replacement pads for it. I have searched high and low and to no avail. That irks me. So as much as it keeps my lashes curled and visible and not sticking straight down like usual. I will not repurchase because I believe you must replace eyelash curler pads often. What I do believe Shu is trying to tell us is that we need to replace the whole eyelash curler after so long which I am not sure of whether that is true or just a a marketing scam. These days all it is is money money money. Not all of us have been born fortunate enough to buy things like that often. I being one of them. Sorry for the raNT. Apology. Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement that is just as good and sells replacement pads??? Message me please.

on 7/11/2015 12:10:00 AM

I've been using the Shiseido curler for a couple of years before I got the Shu Uemura one, and at the time it was the best that I had tried (got me to start using curlers regularly). But I always had to take some time to maneuver it in order to reach the lashes at the outer corners.

I only recently bought the Shu one thinking I might need a curler that has a rounder arc than that of the Shiseido one, and I'm glad I did!

The curler fits my eye shape very well, it easily grabs all my lashes without me having to tug and pull at my lids so much and pinching my lids in the process.
It gives a nice c-shaped curl and the curl lasts a long time.

I am east asian and my eyelids are hooded and has a teeny crease. Not all curlers fit all eyes (stating the obvious), so I recommend that you try out both the Shiseido and Shu Uemura before you decide on either one of them, it may give you a gist of what type of curler you need to look out for (shallower or rounder arc). I still am very fond of the shiseido curler, it's a great one for flatter eyes (a shallower curve) so I think it'll all be down to the shape of your eyes and your preference.

The price isn't cheap, but it's well worth it and this will last me a long time.

REPLACEMENT RUBBER PADS!:
The only downside is that it only comes with one extra refill rubber pad, and Shu Uemura doesn't sell replacement pads separately. HOWEVER I tried my Shiseido replacement rubber pad and it fits well! It may be a teeny tiny bit shorter than the Shu, but it works just as well in my opinion.

You can get Shiseido refills pads online (apparently they sell them at the counters in Japan but not every country sells them separately) so I highly recommend trying the Shiseido rubber pads if your Shu one runs out and your curler is still in working condition.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools