August 27, 2014 | 1804 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - PurePowder shine-free finish

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2008 3:38:00 AM More reviews by lolemily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. It definitely keeps down the shine, and only has to be re-applied every few hours. I like it a lot, mostly use it on my nose and chin (as they are the oiliest parts of my face apart from my forehead, but i have a fringe anyway which covers it). The only down-side is that the sponge that comes with it wears out easily. It might be worth investing in a better sponge (I think Manicare makes some good ones) if you want to use this regularly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2008 1:40:00 AM More reviews by kxxb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The light shade matches my skin perfectly. It controls shine all day, usually I have to reapply my powder a few times per day, but not with this stuff. $5 and definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by chibishrink101

I really like this product. I feel it works for me and i really like it's translucent features. it really works out feel....inno alot of poeple hate it which i find is werid since i love it. It is cheaper than mac blot powder and does the exact same thing. what sucks is that it's probably going to get discontinued since so many people hate it ...:( so i stocked up already. bought around 10 of them but might need 10 more just in case lol... iknow i'm werid. i have SO MANY back ups of my fav products and seriously that includes my blush, eyeliner, fondation...etc...ahh lol
buy it i'ts good

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2007 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Abbzxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It disguises shine for about 10 minutes and doesn't hide breakous at all. The color was decent, though...very light. It rubs off easily. This was a waste of money, definitely not buying it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by porchcat

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this pressed powder. It is one of the few light shades I've found that doesn't make me look gothic-white, yet matches my skin tone. I can deal with the tiny compact and sponge--so far. I would prefer something this nice to arrive in a round compact like normal pressed powder. I do like the coverage, but I use a liquid foundation first and lots of sunscreen. I had been using NYC Color in translucent all winter and looked kind of pale compared to the rest of me. My decision to purchase this was a good one, especially for spring.

I'll be buying it until it is discontinued, like so many good makeup products, then I will have to start the treasure hunt all over again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2007 10:46:00 AM More reviews by SanjaV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first tried this I hated it because it is sooooo light (no coverage). I thought it was useless! But now I find it that when im running out, I apply it just so I'm not going 'naked'. And its nice! Smooths out the skin and tones a bit so its still completely unnoticeable. It will not cover anything major like blemishes, dark discolorations and such.. but its for good skin days when you want to look just a bit better.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2007 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Pootis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Medium @ Wal-mart a few months ago. It was packaged as a set & came with a pure concealer blemish treatment stick. I haven't had any problems with the powder & can't comment on the blemish stick since I haven't used it yet. My only complaint is the horrible packaging...the sponge & mirror are way too tiny.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a terribly packaged product, the packaging makes it almost worthless. I'm glad to see other people have complained about it. The tiny, thin and useless square sponge this comes with is a joke, it's about the size of a big band-aid pad and if you TRY to use this with the product it gets streaky. You cannot fit a "replacement" generic powder puff into this container, either. The product itself (the powder) is good at absorbing oil, skin stays matte for a good while, and it and gives a decent color match, but I found that the colors in the powder aren't an exact match to the foundation range- in the foundation range I'm a Light #4 Nude but I had to get Medium Powder. The lid to the powder came off 3 days after I purchased it and the mirror is teensy. If I could give the packaging a negative score, I would. This packaging is a joke, they need to rethink this design and start all over again. It's too bad because the powder itself is really quite good but I had to keep the whole lid off to make it usable with a normal puff, and thus, it's not transportable.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2006 7:32:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is horrible! I hate the packaging! I totally agree with the previous post, what are they thinking! That little sponge is cute, but isn't it to childish? How is that little sponge going to help me put on that transparent powder?! Yes it does block the shine, only for like about 2 hours! And it is very inconvenience since the package broke on the second day, just setting in my purse. The coverage is just BAD. I'll never never buy this again. It's better with Pure. Makeup foundation but still, very very bad powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2006 6:24:00 PM More reviews by csjunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first complaint about this powder is the packaging. The powder is in a small little sqaure and below it a teeny tiny applicator and behind it a very small mirror. What were the Maybelline people thinking? My second complaint is the powder itself. Its translucent which is nice but I don't feel like it sets my make-up that well. Sure, a couple of shine free hours but by later in the day it feels (and looks) like I've sweated it all off! Combining it with the Pure foundation, there is little to zero coverage. It didn't break me out though, so I'll give it two lippies, otherwise not an impressive product.