July 30, 2014 | 1131 users online

Foundations - Helena Rubinstein - Spectacular Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by allthenamesaretaken

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was surprised to see people wrote this has good coverage.

Recently I bought this foundation from a make-up artist who recommended it. You can't actually buy it in Australia any longer, but he imports it through his make-up academy.

The price he sold it to me was great, AUD$45, however I really don't like it. It's far too sheer for my liking. It's almost like a tinted moisturiser.

It also wears off my t-zone almost as soon as I put it on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a good product. The coverage is not great, but it stays the whole day. It's not greasy and, in general, the quality is good. But I am looking for a foundation with very good coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I didn´t find this so spectacular. On me, it lacks coverage and really seems quite sheer. Also, it claims to be longlasting, but on me, it wasn´t at all. After only 2-3hours, it started fading and transferred easily on to clothing or handkerchiefs etc...not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I was younger I used to use Spectacular and Color Clone. Then, when I got a job (=more money) I used to try out all the different brands. I was never satisfied though, but I forgot all about Helena Rubinstein... until now. I rebought Spectacular and Color Clone. They are both great foundation. Color Clone is a bit more than a tinted moisterizer. Spectacular offers more coverage and stays put much longer. I both have them in shade 23 Biscuit, a very natural non-pinky color.
Tanja

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I Would Love Someone to tell me what shade I would need to use for my fair-medium skin tone. I use Chanel shade 20 for reference. I have tried it in Bisquit No.23. Great foundation! 23 is just to dark. Thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by amorverdadero

As with most of HR products, I've been recommended this foundation by a beautician and she was correct: it's the right one for me. Medium coverage, stays on well, doesn't make me shine like a roasted piggy and is packed with good ingredients. Foundations are tricky but this one is a safe bet. My favourite at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by llbeanpole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always thought of Helena Rubinstein as a stuffy sort of brand and never paid much attention to it but now that I've started trying out their products, I must say I'm quite impressed. This foundation in Shell really suits my complexion, hardly detectable and covers really well. It gives a soft finish to the skin and lasts a decent few hours. It isn't the best for flaky skin though, and it is not in the most attractive packaging yet really expensive. The pump is a bit annoying as it needs a little more pressure, but I understand that is common with better quality pumps. Otherwise, it is a high quality product that performs very well for a foundation that feels barely there. I'd put it ahead of the Chanel and YSL foundations I've tried, but still behind my HG Stephane Marais and Cle de Peau.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by vmelkic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to say it wasn't so spectacular for me. It just didn't work out on my skin. Colour Clone was much better choice for me.

Anyway, it's easily applied, blends nicely and it's ok for the few 2-3 hours, but after that - it just melts off. :( And I don't get that matte look with it as I would like. I'm kinda shiny with it on my face.

Anyway, I expected much more from this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Spectacular indeed! A very underrated foundation IMHO. It comes in a nice bottle with a pump. Its consistency is rather thick and I agree with another reviewer, who says that you should apply it rather quickly. I use my fingers to apply it (far better than using a brush) and it gives me flawless doll-like skin without the mask-effect. Coverage is medium to full. No breakouts, good oil control, long-lasting. The finish is glowy but not shiny. I wish I could find the lightest shade where I live (but this happens with many brands). I use 22 Apricot, the lightest shade available, but unfortunately I can wear this only in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 8:16:00 AM More reviews by elena2009

I bought this foundation in Apricot colour, but at home I realized that it is too dark to be used on my whole face. Still I'm using it in the mixture with a small quantity of another foundation by Dior (Icone nº 10). Also IMO this HR foundation itself is slightly oily, so that make-up needs to be finished with powder. But I don't mind :) So, I recommend the Spectacular foundation. But be very careful when choosing the colour.