April 20, 2014 | 928 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips - Custom Bronzer Blush and Eye Shadow

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have worn this since my early 20s (and I'm 30 now).

I have tried pretty much all the colors...I think all but the Riviera (with the white/cream strip at the top instead of pink) are too orangey for my pale, NC15ish skin (blonde hair, neutral undertones).

As I'm now 30, I can't really wear this as a bronzer so much in the daytime (too shimmery/sparkly), but I still love it as a highlighter (top 1-2 strips) and eyeshadow (bottom strips). I love it for traveling because it's like three products in one.

I currently use a Real Techniques blush brush to apply...it works well because it's loose and rounded, so the finish isn't streaky.

It's really easy to overapply this when you're inside, but check in natural light (if you plan to wear it in natural light), because it can come off super glittery and dark/dirty if you put too much and concentrate too heavily on the lower (darker brown) strips.

This does give a beautiful glow, and I love, love, love it for the summer time. Just a light dusting does make me a little warmer, a little tanner, a little glowier. Trying to wear it before I'm too old to wear shimmer even at night! :)

PS This is one of the ONLY Physicians Formula blushes/bronzers that has NO LAUROYL LYSINE. Hooray! That stuff is as bad as pure coconut oil on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Kadyhorn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Miami strip color. I have used it for several years. I use it for a glow over my cheeks after I have applied my blush and I also use it for eye shadow. I think the Miami strip colors work good for medium skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by nikki5ten

I have this in Vegas Strip. LOVE. Super pricey, I always get it when on sale at a drugstore. I use the lighter shade as highlight or eyeshadow or even on brow bone. I use the darker strip for light contouring but mainly bronzer. I use the darker strip right under my cheek bone and slab on the lighter strip just above it, gives a nice glowy look for everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by xxPeppermint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I sometimes use a bit of this bronzer as an eyeshadow, or occasionally will sweep a bit across my brow bone, but that's really it. I like the product, but wouldn't buy again because I was hoping to use it as a highlighter but it's a little too shimmery for me.

One other con is that the container is hard to open for me, to the point where I have to use a towel to pry it open. I'm not sure if this may just be my container, because my sister's seems to open just fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by qtkarla

too shimmery... nice colors for eyes and for a night out. but dont use this during the day... it looks unnatural. it looks nice at night especially on a night out. mine is waikiki strip/peachy glow bronzer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by NaomiALopez

Good staying power but is slightly faint so you need to build up the colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by eclecticgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

It's definitely too shimmery for bronzer but it has nice colors for eye shadow. It is very pigmented but the packaging is a little hard to open.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is multi-tasking, has different neutral shimmer shades in strips, and is very easy to use. I think it's too metallic and shimmery to use as a bronzer and on the eyes it applies very frosty looking. I don't really like it that much, but it's not bad either.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ktsimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ew! this stuff will make you break out like no other not to mention it makes you look like some dropped a whole bag if glitter on top of your face. I'm very tan, so I thought I would like it cause it's darker but it made my face really shinny, one good thing about it is it applied evenly for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by SeashellsInSummer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product in Sunset Strip is my absolute favourite multipurpose product. Depending on your skills with makeup, you can use this really high quality powder to your advantage. As an eyeshadow palette, it is phenomenal and has a really unique texture when you see it in person. As a highlighter it is gorgeous whether you use a light hand for daytime or more for a glamorous look at night, best suited for summer and fall. It also works quite well as an all over bronzer with a light hand and beautiful as a contour. It comes across as very dewy, very youthful and just plain sexy. Excellent product, and worth every penny.