August 23, 2014 | 1780 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips - Custom Bronzer Blush and Eye Shadow

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by LimaLim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. The colour lasts all day and the shimmer is gorgeous. I can't get it at my Priceline anymore so not sure if its been discontinued but if you can get it, try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by helenelizabee

I have this in the shade Miami Strip & whilst I'd never use it as a bronzer or blush (way too shimmery!) it's still a fabulous multi-use product. As eyeshadow, I usually apply it over a MAC paint pot & the pigment is full on with no fall out & it stays put all day with no fading/creasing. It's also super pretty & very flattering. For a go-to day look, I apply the lightest colour in my inner corner & brow bone, the second lightest on the lid then a mix of the two darkest shades to define my crease & outer V. As a highlighter, I often swirl all the shades together with a medium sized fluffy brush & apply to the tops of my cheek bones. I often take whatever's left on the brush down my nose & across my Cupid's bow which always looks so pretty. You want to use a very light hand & a super soft, fluffy brush when doing this though, else you'll end up looking like a glitter ball - not cute. The packaging is very simple & you don't get a mirror but it's very sturdy which makes it great for travelling. I would 100% repurchase this!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by OrangeMintPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is very similar to the new formula called Warm Nude that Physician Formula came out with a few months ago. Like everyone said this is a multi-use product that you can use as a blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, highlighter. The Waikiki strip has a peachy tone just like warm nude that came out this year 2014. You can see a comparison video that I made on both of these formulas and swatches on my youtube channel.

I brought this years ago as it was supposed to be a dupe for Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks. It has a similar appearance but I never tried the BB shimmer bricks so I cant tell you if it's a dupe or not.

The problem with waikiki strip is that the formula is very hard and it takes many brush strokes before I can pick up the product. But the results are nice. It is shimmery but not glittery and I use it as a blush, bronzer, and highlighter. I do prefer warm nude because of how soft and easy it is for my brush to pick up the product. Here's my video review.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have worn this since my early 20s (and I'm 30 now).

I have tried pretty much all the colors...I think all but the Riviera (with the white/cream strip at the top instead of pink) are too orangey for my pale, NC15ish skin (blonde hair, neutral undertones).

As I'm now 30, I can't really wear this as a bronzer so much in the daytime (too shimmery/sparkly), but I still love it as a highlighter (top 1-2 strips) and eyeshadow (bottom strips). I love it for traveling because it's like three products in one.

I currently use a Real Techniques blush brush to apply...it works well because it's loose and rounded, so the finish isn't streaky.

It's really easy to overapply this when you're inside, but check in natural light (if you plan to wear it in natural light), because it can come off super glittery and dark/dirty if you put too much and concentrate too heavily on the lower (darker brown) strips.

This does give a beautiful glow, and I love, love, love it for the summer time. Just a light dusting does make me a little warmer, a little tanner, a little glowier. Trying to wear it before I'm too old to wear shimmer even at night! :)

PS This is one of the ONLY Physicians Formula blushes/bronzers that has NO LAUROYL LYSINE. Hooray! That stuff is as bad as pure coconut oil on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Kadyhorn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Miami strip color. I have used it for several years. I use it for a glow over my cheeks after I have applied my blush and I also use it for eye shadow. I think the Miami strip colors work good for medium skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by nikki5ten

I have this in Vegas Strip. LOVE. Super pricey, I always get it when on sale at a drugstore. I use the lighter shade as highlight or eyeshadow or even on brow bone. I use the darker strip for light contouring but mainly bronzer. I use the darker strip right under my cheek bone and slab on the lighter strip just above it, gives a nice glowy look for everyday.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by xxPeppermint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I sometimes use a bit of this bronzer as an eyeshadow, or occasionally will sweep a bit across my brow bone, but that's really it. I like the product, but wouldn't buy again because I was hoping to use it as a highlighter but it's a little too shimmery for me.

One other con is that the container is hard to open for me, to the point where I have to use a towel to pry it open. I'm not sure if this may just be my container, because my sister's seems to open just fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by qtkarla

too shimmery... nice colors for eyes and for a night out. but dont use this during the day... it looks unnatural. it looks nice at night especially on a night out. mine is waikiki strip/peachy glow bronzer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by NaomiALopez

Good staying power but is slightly faint so you need to build up the colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by eclecticgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

It's definitely too shimmery for bronzer but it has nice colors for eye shadow. It is very pigmented but the packaging is a little hard to open.