September 30, 2014 | 1804 users online

Eye Shadow - Paula Dorf - Eye Color Wet Sand

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Maliktai

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great shadow. I have dark skin (MAC NW45) and it works wonderfully to give my lids some coverage and light. It is not a flat matte, but more like velvet.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2007 2:59:00 PM More reviews by echoluster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got it on sale at Sephora in San Fran Union Square, so it was half off. It looked boring in its package, but once I swiped it on my skin I was impressed.
Subtle! And no shimmer (which is becoming harder to find these days). It is very versatile and stays on fine with my eyeshadow base. It's slightly darker than my skin but I am quite pale. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2007 6:41:00 PM More reviews by CatieG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this color and texture. I have blue eyes and I wear the Paula Dorf tribal to really make my eyes Pop but I have to be careful not to wear it when my eyes are red from being tired or allergies. This color made my blue stand out without the red. I would definitely buy it again. Like some others said, it defines the crease or corner naturally without looking made up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2004 8:02:00 PM More reviews by signsoflife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color comes in the On Set Face Kit and it's one of my favorites--it looks very "blah" and uninteresting (esp. in the Sephora color swatch), but it's just SO great for subtle definition, I still go back to it after I've finished playing with my new eyeshadows. I use this color in my crease for a more defined but still natural look. In case you're interested, I think I'm LLL and wear Buff Chamois 02 in Revlon Colorstay Stay Natural (in PD oil free moisturizing foundation, whatever that means, I was colormatched to Parchment and Ivory).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2004 3:02:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this to be a waste of time. It looked exactly like my eyelids with nothing on. Nice texture though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2003 12:41:00 PM More reviews by jacie07

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

RIDDLE: What's the difference between PD wetsand eye shadow and Jane's rockstar eye shadow?
ANSWER: about $16 !
I ordered the wetsand shadow from SEphora and when I opened it,my first reaction was'what a nice,neutral light-to-medium brown eye color!' My next thought was "Hey! That looks just like the Jane eyeshadow I bought last week for $2" Upon comparing the two, I found the color to be virtually identical. I put Jane on one eye and Paula on the other. I could see no difference in my 9X magnification mirror. I could see no difference in the sun or under flourescent lights. Both lasted all day without creasing.Both had about the same level of pigmentation. Both are packaged the same. The Paula is bigger and a tiny bit less powdery. Its a great natural,everyday shadow but why would I buy it again when I can get Jane so cheap? Does anyone know what Sephora's return policy is???

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2003 7:27:00 PM More reviews by cahoulie

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Finally the "perfect" neutral eyeshadow! Goes on smooth and last all day. Can't wait to try the other shades!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2002 2:45:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read about this eyeshadow on one of the beauty boards. It was listed very simply as an eye shadow for a "your eyes but better" look. Now I always think of those words in terms of lipstick, blush, and foundation but never for an eye shadow. The truth is that I have blue eyes and I use very subtle and neutral eye colors so as to appear "my eyes but better". I have a couple of other Paula Dorf eye shadows that I love -luna, moonstone and whisper. When I went looking for Wet Sand I was amazed that I hadn't noticed this color before (since I am always on the everlasting quest for the perfect neutral eye color). This color is the most natural eye shadow ever - my new holy grail, never want to be without, buy 2 more so that I can stash them all over color. It is (and I don't say this lightly)perfection. If you like eye make that doesn't look like you are trying too hard this color will give you that affect. I wish I could give it 10 stars **********.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2002 2:52:00 PM More reviews by serobins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this shade as a gift, part of the 'daytime eye kit for blonde hair.' It's a great neutral, everyday staple. It's not super exciting, but the color has some complexity and over the PD eye primer it lasts darn near all day. This has become my everyday es, and it is very flattering and understated. A good one to wear to meetings.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2001 7:38:00 AM More reviews by kmac

I had been wearing MAC form for years and was heartbroken when it was discontinued. That is until I found this eyeshadow. Its a light brown as the name suggests, and its great for everyday wear. It lasts all day. I think her eyeshadows are fantastic in fact after buying this shade I bought about a dozen more and I love them all.