April 16, 2014 | 1932 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Big Fatty Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by sleepingdog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The biggest problem with this mascara is the packaging. The hole in the tube is huge and does not pull off any of the product on the wand. So, you then spend forever scraping the brush across the side of the hole to get the excess product off. That makes a gloppy mess on the tube, but if you don't, you'll definitely have too much product on the wand and end up looking like a little kid playing in mommy's makeup. The first time I tried this mascara... YIKES! Blobs of black crap everywhere.

As far as the actual product itself, I have had good results with lengthening and volume, but as the day wears on, there is some unflattering transfer to the under eye area resulting in a sickly look. I tried putting a light layer of waterproof mascara over top of this to stop the transfer, but it didn't help.

Too problematic for me to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in a sample size from an Ulta purchase. I was very excited to try it because I've never tried UD mascara before. First of all -- the applicator wand is HUGE. It's a little wonky but this mascara makes my lashes full, long and beautiful. I'm in love with the way they look. The reason I couldn't rate this mascara higher is because by the end of the day I have flakes below my eyes and I have the black smears on my upper brow. I'm so sad that this doesn't stay put because I think I would actually purchase the full size -- that is how amazing my lashes look. But oh well -- I'll have to pass.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

This stuff really does make my eyes pop. It makes my lashes thicker and lengthier without being too gluggy, plus it works really well on its own or as a second mascara. I don't know why this product got such an average rating, it's definitely better than most mascaras out there!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by ultraVIOLETnikki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not the most volumizing I've tried, but it's alright. Makes my lashes look nice, but the staying power is awful. The applicator is HUGE, a little too big for me, though I like how soft it is, it lets me apply just the right amount. A big disappointment considering how much I adore the Supercurl mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2014 5:22:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

OH MY GAWD!!!! I used this for the first time today and guess what? I went to the doctor, the store, the little hamburger joint and then home and as I was driving in the driveway of my home I happened to look in the mirror....YIKES!!! There were HUGE black lines across my face! WTF OVER?!?!?!? Seriously? I walked around for hours with this crap all over my face. Now I know why people were having a hard time looking my way. Geez, you would think someone would be kind enough to say "hey hun, you look like you just got your ass beat in the ring" But noooooo, I just managed to look stupid all freakin' day. Thanks a bunch Urban Decay! I love your eye shadows but will NEVER wear your mascaras again. And in the trash that went! If I could give it a big fatty ZERO lippies, I would! Ugh

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Looked great until 3 hrs. later when I had mascara flakes all over my under eye area. Would definitely not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by MyPorcelainLife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my all-time favorite mascara. I like this even better than DiorShow - which is saying ALOT!!! It's the blackest black and doesn't smudge or run until I'm ready to remove it. But it comes off easily with just a little dab of remover. (I use Argan or Apricot oil) It makes my lashes so dark and lush it almost looks like I'm wearing falsies! And it makes a smoky eye really *pop*. Granted, it's not the cheapest mascara on the market. But sometimes you really do get what you pay for and this is one of those times. Big Fatty Mascara is absolutely everything you could want in a waterproof black mascara. I also love the brush which is the perfect length - not too short and not so long that it's a hassle to apply. And the brush is super fat, giving you amazing coverage with just a few swipes.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product does not add volume and barely lengthens. Too clumpy for me. Not worth the buy... Tons of cheaper ones that work wayyyyy better than this.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by NataLaLa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Me/ What I'm looking for/ How I use the product:
I have light coloured lashes that are both sparse and not particularly long. I am more interested in volume than length (however both is a huge bonus), and when it comes to application I INVEST in that sh*t. I do not expect wonders from one or two coats, rather I like to build and sculpt my lashes, so I need a product that can do this without weighing down my lashes or crumbling to f*ck - crumbling is a big deal when you like to BUILD.

This product is good for the following reasons:
1. Super black pigment; 2. Leaves lashes soft;. 3. Can build good volume and pretty good length; 4. surprisingly manageable brush; 5. Does not crumble; 6. Holds a curl; 7. Can be re-worked; 8. The tube lasts ages.

This product loses ratings for these reasons:
1. Owned by L'Oreal who test on animals* and sell/manufacture in China - eff that! That's a big deal to me and I take off 1 ratings for that sh*t right there, BOOM; 2. Transfers quite a bit onto my brow bone, but here's my story: I have deep-set eyes and pretty oily/hot skin, so that might not be an issue for some; 3. Looks a bit less 'wow' by the end of the day, but if you are heading out, you can build that sh*t back up!

*My beef with this is that Urban Decay were once upon a time a big vegan love brand, so basically they sold out... but their mythology lives on and um... I bought into it without doing my research. If these guys were still independent and animal friendly, this would be my go to mascara and 4.5 lipstick rated.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by dharrison

I have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. If I'm very careful when applying I can get wonderful thick, long lashes. However it is easy to clump your lashes while using and once that happens you have to wash it off and restart. This is a fairly runny mascara that takes a while to dry but once it does it lasts all day.