December 19, 2014 | 1731 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Big Fatty Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Zeeoe

It certainly gives eyelashes a bolder, fuller length, DARK BLACK appearance. It makes me look like I have false lashes on which I kinda love cause they are like WOW but then I sort of feel they look a bit too fake, borderline clumpy? Tricky...
It's a total pest to take off and I always seem to wake up with panda eyes even when I think I have got it all of at night.
I have dark blond lashes and this does completely coat them with no trace of blonde left.

I can't not love this mascara for the fact it instantly transforms my lashes but it is far from perfect. Will try to upload a photo - taken with just one coat no curling and just thrown on in the car!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by karliemoore17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted so badly to like this mascara, especially since I paid $20 for it. But sadly, I hate it. It's clumpy, it smears, and its so thick and heavy. I love urban decay but unfortunately this is a terrible product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by RideTheLightning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate that they changed the brush/packaging for this! The original big fatty had the CUTEST tube and gave me long and voluminous lashes. The new formula flakes (and i don't have issues with flaking often) and that added with the brush makes this similar quality to drugstore mascaras (except i can find better drugstore mascaras). If UD ever goes back to the original brush i would DEFINITELY repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by courtneygardiner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I saw the brush of this mascara and the name and instantly thought 'this is for me'.
It lives up to it's name. Big Fatty. It gives you long lashes, that are jet black and bold. It separates them well and really gets onto each individual lash. This was the first 'higher end' mascara I bought and It's what started my high end make up obsession because I was so happy with this.
Christmas day I got this as a gift and that morning when i applied it for the first time I finished applying and thought "wow my lashes look great", my family give me many compliments and someone even asked if I was wearing false lashes. I only applied 2 coats and it was perfect.
This product has now dried up but I've used it since Christmas Day until March, so that was understandable, It wasn't going to last forever, and I would of thought it unhygienic to carry on using it any longer anyway.
For 15 from a higher end brand for a lot of good quality product this is one of my all time favourite make-up products. I'm planning on re-purchasing because I miss it so much.
When I bought this the packaging was pretty because it was black and purple and white, but now they've changed it to a hippy themed package I hate it, but that doesn't effect the product, so I will buy it again sometime next week, I'll just put it to the back of my dressing table.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by ellejee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara smears so bad! Within a couple of hours I have black smear under my eyebrows! Not to mention it is expensive but I wouldn't use it if it were free. Unusable, so I am going to return it to Sephora.

I love UD eyeshadow, but this mascara is terrible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best mascara I've used in a long time. I got a tiny sample of it at Sephora and couldn't wait to try it this morning. I put two coats of it on the right eye and two coats of Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes on the left eye. There's no doubt that Big Fatty gave the best coverage with one coat and even better with two coats. It's the clear winner. They are both fabulous and put all my others to shame including Dior and Chanel. I am so glad I finally got a Sephora membership because these products are so superior to the drug store brands.

So many reviewers didn't like the fact that there is no cuff to catch the excess mascara but you have to scrape the brush against the edge of the tube opening and then you get the right amount. I don't mind having to use extra care applying when the results are this spectacular. Isn't it better to have lots of product to work with, instead of a dry brush that you struggle to get anything from?

For me, this is what mascara should be.

I have no idea whether the full sized mascara would perform as well as this sample, but I am going to buy one when I use this up.

Update June 3, 2014: My tiny sample is almost gone and it is still the best mascara I own. Even drying up in an almost empty tube it is the best one in my collection. I am afraid the full sized tube will not perform as beautifully as the sample - which has happened to me with other products. And I have to use up my other, substandard, annoying mascaras. But this is the one. Almost holy grail to me. Why? Long, lush, full, natural but better, no flakes, no smears, no clumps, nothing wrong with it at all. It works the same whether brand new or almost all gone. It transforms the eyes from no lashes to Elizabeth Taylor. Lashes, not spider legs. Don't fret about the brush or anything else. Just work with it. You'll get the lashes.

PS This is better than Tarte's product, which I returned. It can't even compare.

Update June 16: The tiny sample tube was finally used up, and I will rebuy this once I've used up all my other current favourites.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Big Fatty is one of my faves! I can see this mascara not working for some people, the brush is huge and the formula is pretty wet and the tube sucks. And it sucks bad. The wiper doesn't wipe off nearly enough product. I end up scraping the sides of the brush on the tube before I apply. As long as you remove all the extra product first, the results are great. I love the big brush and don't have any problems with application. Big Fatty gives my lashes incredible volume and thickness and a little extra length. I have been blessed with very curved natural lashes that I don't curl so I can't comment on how well it holds curl. It also doesn't flake or smudge on me, I don't use it on bottom lashes though. One of the biggest pluses for me is the size of the tube .51 fl. oz. That is a ton of mascara! Almost double the amount of many other brands. I apply my mascara very heavily and usually can burn through a tube in 2 months, but Big Fatty lasts twice that long. This is a definite repurchase for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by sleepingdog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The biggest problem with this mascara is the packaging. The hole in the tube is huge and does not pull off any of the product on the wand. So, you then spend forever scraping the brush across the side of the hole to get the excess product off. That makes a gloppy mess on the tube, but if you don't, you'll definitely have too much product on the wand and end up looking like a little kid playing in mommy's makeup. The first time I tried this mascara... YIKES! Blobs of black crap everywhere.

As far as the actual product itself, I have had good results with lengthening and volume, but as the day wears on, there is some unflattering transfer to the under eye area resulting in a sickly look. I tried putting a light layer of waterproof mascara over top of this to stop the transfer, but it didn't help.

Too problematic for me to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in a sample size from an Ulta purchase. I was very excited to try it because I've never tried UD mascara before. First of all -- the applicator wand is HUGE. It's a little wonky but this mascara makes my lashes full, long and beautiful. I'm in love with the way they look. The reason I couldn't rate this mascara higher is because by the end of the day I have flakes below my eyes and I have the black smears on my upper brow. I'm so sad that this doesn't stay put because I think I would actually purchase the full size -- that is how amazing my lashes look. But oh well -- I'll have to pass.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

This stuff really does make my eyes pop. It makes my lashes thicker and lengthier without being too gluggy, plus it works really well on its own or as a second mascara. I don't know why this product got such an average rating, it's definitely better than most mascaras out there!