September 15, 2014 | 1789 users online

Mascara - Nivea - Eyes Wide Open

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Heinalicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I know that this product no longer is available in Norway or as far as I know in the U.K., but I will write a review even so. This product was given to me by friend. At that time I only used L'Oreal mascaras and high end mascaras like YSL, Dior and so on.. By the first look of it I was disappointed, but when I first tried it on I was far from it! It gives a perfect result with romantic lashes for datenight or everyday use. Fantastic product and I almost cried when I found out that I would not be able to get it anymore.. :'( I bought the rest of what they had and now only have one left.. Buhuu!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by mdrnlv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually only buy high-end brands when it comes to mascaras, but there was a buy one, get one free action at my drugstore so I decided to give this mascara a try. And I'm glad I did, because it's all I want from a mascara. It gives my lashes great curl, length AND volume without clumping or using eyelash curlers. It gives Lanc˘me Hypn˘se results for one third of the price. This mascara is truly amazing. HG

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 6:56:00 AM More reviews by caspermca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Very happy with this mascara. Nice and black, thickens well without being too gluggy, separates lashes. Only complaint would be a bit difficult to remove at night. Still searching for the perfect mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 1:42:00 PM More reviews by danai

I never got this particular mascara expecting dramatic, sex-goddess results. I wanted what it was advertised to be: something to open up my eyes in the morning and make them look bright and awake for work, therefore I bought the brown version. And it delivered just that: gave me soft and natural looking, yet volumised and curled lashes (and I never use eyelash curlers).
Used it every morning for the past two years, and even some evenings, even though I initially didn't intend to. It doesn't smudge or cause racoon eyes. Get this if you are going for a soft, natural, a bit wide eyed look.
*E D I T* Ladies, I'm giving this the fifth lippie because I have come to realise I don't want to be without it. Started using it again after a month's break and I find it even more awesome now. It actually curls lashes all by itself (still no curler), plus two or three layers of it really give me volume. I'll keep rebuying as long as they make it, and for the price, I say do give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by innese

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

when I bought it, I was already familiar with Nivea mascaras and I had the Lash Revolution that left a good impression on me. luckily, this one didn't let me down. It did what it claims to do pretty well: it gave my lashes a great thickness, it separated them well and gave them a nice curl.
It also leaves the lashes feeling soft and light (even when I put more than one coat).
I love it and I would definitly recommend it.
costs 100 shekels in israel (about 27$)

Edit: I answered no on the "would you buy this product again?" because I like more dramatic mascaras. I still think It's great and I would still recommend it if you like more subtle look or already have naturally long and dark lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2008 10:15:00 AM More reviews by somethingblue

This has got to be one of the best mascaras ever. I cannot believe how beautiful my lashes are! This mascara really makes them full and thick. My eyes look amazing.
It's a bit hard to take it off at night, so you'll need a good eye make-up remover, but it does last the whole day.
Will definitely buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2007 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

This is the first Nivea mascara I've tried, and I think it will be the last. The brush is strange, did not separate well, and the result was below par - my lashes did not look enhanced in any way. No lenght, no fullness, no nothing (except colour). It was clumpy, too. I usually use up even average mascaras just because I don't like to throw things away, but this one will go to the bin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2006 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Suspen

This is my favourite mascara. It gives beautiful lashes. It gives a lot of volume and separates my lashes. Nice packaging and ok price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is probably the worst mascara I have ever tested, and that says A LOT, considering I'm a real whore when it comes to trying out new mascaras. Dry formula, clumped beyond anything I've seen, even after wiping off the wand (which is identical to the one of Revlon Fabulash) first. I have given it three chances, but it failed on each, so I'll have to throw it out. Money wasted...