August 31, 2014 | 985 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tarte - Picture Perfect Eyelash Curler

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

Totally in live with this eyelash curler. I feel that you could pull off any mascara as long as your lashes are perfectly curled. This eyelash curler gives you such great results and doesn't crimp your lashes at all! (Some cheaper ones will make your eyelashes go harshly upward and bit look curled at all) I feel like the price is very reasonable as well for what you are getting! I would highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

My favorite eyelash curler hands down. I researched this bad boy for months before purchasing. i am in love. It is so easy to use and first one that does not pinch or make my lashes look crimped. My other favorite curler is Sally Hansen. This is way better.

I had trouble with Revlon and a few other brands pinching my eyelids for a long time but never attributed it to being the curler. I figured all of them were like this. NO. This one is awesome. I love how easy the handles are to grip and the packing is great with the gold detail. Well worth the $16 bucks and you even get a mascara with it. LOVE Tarte products and this is a win!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

i've been a long time user of shu uemura and shiseido lash curlers, but decided (foolishly) to give this tarte one a try since it's at a lower price point. first off, i hate that this curler has a spring that keeps the curler part open because it requires more force to clamp the curler shut (and keep them shut) around my lashes to curl them. i feel like i'm at incredibly high risk of cutting my lashes every time i tried this curler. this leads me to my second hate which is the grip part of the curler... there is no loop to secure my fingers around the grip making me feel like 1 false move and my fingers will slip easily and cause an accident that will either injure my eyes or rip my lashes out. this is a big problem (and possibility) since i need to use a lot more force than normal to clamp the curler around my lashes. third hate is that of the metal part of the curler which feels a little rough and jagged, making me feel like i'm at even higher risk (than the sheer force needed to use this contraption) for slicing my lashes up. to round up insult to injury, the curler pinched my lash line (could just be mis-match shape to my eyes) and didn't really curl my lashes all that well. i returned this to ulta and will happily invest in higher price point curlers from now on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The packaging of these is really pretty and suckered me in. I got a set of the gold curler with the lights, camera, flashes mascara.I didn't care for the mascara or the eyelash curler.

I am used to the shu uemura curler and much prefer that because you get your wrap your fingers in the curler and get a great curl, whereas with this one you just press down and I couldn't get used to it. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by kikibug725

I love love love this curler! It's $16 at Ulta but also comes with a mini mascara. Which I also like but have a fav already. I'm about to buy my 2nd one bc mine broke. However, it lasted 3 years! Awhile back it got bent in my luggage. I bent it back and got another year of usage from it. I think it would've lasted longer had that not happened. First one ever that didn't pinch my eyelid. Must buy!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This is a great eyelash curler! It doesn't hurt and curls lashes well and Ive had mine for 4 years without replacing it so its extremely good quality!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I saw this on the Tarte site and it was a really nice limited edition one with a groovy pink and purple handle design. It's the gold color and has 2 purple pads. I like that they give you a backup because it can pop out if you don't put it in securely. Honestly it wasn't till MUA that I even thought about using an eyelash curler. Bet heck if you ladies do there must be a reason. And there is my lashes look hella better when I curl them. I have very long lashes that would get in my eye. Not anymore thank goodness!

I like the purple pad it does make it a better time because I remember I got turned off because I would pinch my eye or maybe I was too young. Who knows but now my lashes look excellent with mascara. It's easier to apply and I look more awake. This baby doesn't pinch me and it gives me a great curl that I like. I'm stoked I got it because I really like it, it makes getting my eyes the way I like so much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I swore for years I didn't need an eyelash curler. My eyelashes are long-ish and very curly. However, when you have naturally curly eyelashes, they don't always like to curl in the same way, which is frustrating (and a great way to get mascara all over your eyelids, yuck). After years of buying the heaviest, goopiest mascaras available to weigh down some of the crazier curly lashes and blend them with the regular ones, I tried a new, less-obvious method: enter the eyelash curler.

I tried the Tarte curler on a whim as it came with a mascara for a pretty good price. While the mascara wasn't really to my liking, this curler gives me uniformly pretty lashes and calms the craziness! It perfectly curls the straighter ones and straightens the super curly ones into a smooth curve, with each lash going -- gasp -- the same direction!

It's pretty intense, however: I have lower brows and very round eyes so if I squeeze too hard my lashes will curve up and hit my eyebrows, which is pretty bizarre looking.

This curler gets bonus points for almost being long enough to get all my lashes while being curvy enough to fit my eye shape. I find that the flatter curlers, like Shu, don't really work with my face, and the curvy ones to be too short.

Did I mention it's pretty cheap? Not outrageously so, but I've been using it for a couple of years without problems so I feel the 16 buck price tag is justified. Lasted longer than the Shiseido, which did nothing for me and broke after four fruitless uses.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like the handles and how you don't have to hook your fingers in, however anything positive I have to say ends there. This eyelash curler is incredibly bulky and I can't maneuver it comfortably to get close enough to the roots of my lashes to give a good curl. It curls the lashes too far from the roots, which makes them look shorter. I jammed the thing into my eye and still couldn't make it work.I guess one other positive is that it didn't pinch the delicate skin surrounding the eye. My old revlon one does a better job than this and it cost about 1/4 the price.

However, I will say that I like a really dramatic, super curl that is almost like a 90 degree angle but with a curve. If you want something natural, this may be a good product for that. Not so much for the fake eyelash look.

I will continue on in my quest for a new eyelash curler that I actually like.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

Ever since Shu Uemura left the American market, I have searched for a practical replacement. After being disappointed by the Shisedo curler, I tried the Tarte one. I really don't care for the bulky purple handles but the curler itself gets a solid 3 lippies. I really have to pump this one to get a consistent curl throughout my stick-straight lashes. The shape isn't ideal for my large, but not round eyes. The whole curling your lashes vs. making them bend at a 90 degree angle completely depends on how you hold your curler. I don't find that this curler gives me a nice round curl no matter how I use it. The Shu Uemura one always gave me a lot of curl at the base of my lashes; the Tarte one gave nice curl to the ends but took several squeezes to lift my lashes from the base. I lost a lot of lashes from my left eye because it took so much squeezing for anything to happen.

I would recommend this curler to someone with non-stubborn lashes. I think it would work beautifully on someone whose lashes are full but just need a little oomph. For those of us who need some lash miracles, stick with the Shu.