Kerasal foot ointment

4.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 5% - Skin Softener, Urea (Carbamide) 10% - Hydrates The Skin, Soft White Petrolatum - Optimizes Softening. Ingredients: White Petrolatum, PEG-8, Glycerin, Urea, PEG-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Salicylic Acid, PEG-40 Stearate, Polysorbate-80.

on 1/29/2015 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Markedly better results than Flexitol and any other heel balms I've tried. With being able to wear open sandals almost 10 months out of the year here in Texas, I'll never have baby soft heels, but with using Kerasal several times a week right after a shower, my heels are definitely softer and pink not yellow,flaky or cracking. And I love that this doesn't leave yellow and gummy stains on my socks or on the innersoles of my shoes.

on 3/16/2014 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is a sole-saver!
The thing with it is: you have to use the Williams Blackstone Corn & Callous Remover Stone with it before the old dead skin comes off. I use it after my shower in the AM and then again at night before putting on thick woolie socks. You can get it on your hands! LOL - it will make them soft too - just rub it in. You dont need to really CAKE it on, just rub the ointment into your dry feel well then put on socks. It breaks down the thick dry callouses and leaves your feet ready for sandals.

on 1/19/2014 3:50:00 PM

So glad I saw this reviewed here on MUA. My feet are always a mess, super dry despite me slathering various lotions, creams and even Vaseline on each morning and evening.

My heels have been cracked for a few months and I have been scraping with a callus shaver, using a foot file, even using Vaseline with large bandaids over my heels during the day. It all helped somewhat but with my departure date coming up (feb 14) for Hawaii, I was feeling desperate.

I picked up a tube of this ointment at Target and the price was not bad at all. Cheaper than some stuff I have purchased at a day spa that was supposedly "professional" quality.

First night I slathered it on and as I didn't want to get it on my hands I applied straight from tube to clean heels and sat back and rubbed my heels together then rubbed bottoms of my feet together to spread it around and massage it in. I put socks on and let it work overnight.

It has only been a few days and I am so impressed. I am hopeful that with twice daily application I will have smooth feet when flip-flop time comes.

I don't mind the packaging as I don't use my hands to massage in and the price cannot be beat. Hopefully the Long's Drugstore or Target in Kona will have this in stock.

on 10/10/2013 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

One week into using and my feet are softer. Still have dry places, but I didn't expect a one week cure for a twenty year old problem. I still daily use Desenex powder before I go to work and a rinse with vinegar when I wake up. I am encouraged.

Now one month into using and my right foot has gotten almost back to normal! My left foot still has some dry skin on its side, but this skin is coming off and I am sure that soon the softer, normal, skin will be back. I have bought two more tubes! This stuff is GREAT!

Thank you to all of you and your reviews of this product. I have very thick inherited (as per my podiatrist) callouses on my feet and generally had to go to a podiatrist twice per year to have the excess cut off and that was with gettign biweekly pedicures and using many other expensive creams and scrubs to no avail.

After reading the reviews for this product and the Microplane foot file here at Makeup Alley, I hastily purchased both items. I could barely wait to get home that day. Washed my feet and let them completely dry, used the microplane foot file (the brown one) and then put on my Kerasal with socks and padded around for 20 minutes.

I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised - the results were nothing short of miraculous. My heels were soft and supple for the first time I can ever remember. My husband commented on it when we went to bed later when playing footsies. He commented how soft and smooth they felt - he also had never known me to have such silky smooth heels - usually felt like sandpaper. My pedicurist (???) also was shocked...to no avail she had tried everything to rid me of this horrible callous build up. She now recommends this to all of her clients.

The true test was would it work over the long haul. Well one year later with once weekly treatments, I can honestly say I still have silky smooth heels.

So thank you Makeup Alley for once again pointing me to a product that really works and helping me keep my closet from piling up with unused products that ddon't live up to their claims and my wallet from emptying.

on 5/12/2013 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought a tube of Kerasal a few weeks ago out of pure desperation. My usual foot saver, Flexitol, was out of stock but my feet were dry as the Sahara so I took a chance. I probably should have waited until Flexitol was back in stock because this ointment was just a waste of time and money for me.

First, ointments are generally icky to me. They remind me of my childhood and the times when my dad would slather a random ointment on whatever owie I had. Even as a child, I couldn't stand the greasy feeling and the fact that ointments attract every piece of fuzz and lint on the planet. Also, they just feel wrong on dry skin to me - kind of like nails on a chalk board. Just cringe inducing. Nonetheless, I slathered this on my dry feet hoping for the best. As this is greasy, I couldn't just wait for it to absorb into my skin and go to bed like I can with Flexitol. I had to wear socks to bed which I hate. I could put up with that annoyance if this worked but after using this for about two weeks, I've noticed no difference. My feet are still pretty dry and still have that skin that catches every conceivable piece of fabric which makes the whole ointment/sock routine a waste of time.

Like another reviewer said, this is also a pain to put on. As soon as you set the tube down to rub the ointment in, it starts oozing from the tube. There's also the must-wash-your-hands-after-applying factor but that's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things if a product works. Since this doesn't, it's annoying. Oddly (or maybe not so oddly if you can get this to work for you), Kerasal is about $5 more than my beloved Flexitol. Call me crazy but I'd rather pay less for something that works than more for something than doesn't do jack.

Most of the reviews here are positive which means this obviously works for some people but for me, this was just a bust. I'd recommend plain ol' Vaseline before this. I still have quite a bit left but, thankfully, my local Wal-Mart finally(!) restocked Flexitol so I'll likely toss the remainder of my tube of Kerasal. It pains me to throw a large amount of product out (even if it's terrible) but I just can't with this junk.

on 10/17/2012 10:55:00 AM

After using a whole tube of this mostly every night before bed and wearing socks, it has not really done much of anything. Disappointing. I thought it would work much better. I also don't like that it's an ointment, which leaves my hands feeling greasy and like I have to wash them after applying this to my feet. Plus, if you don't recap the tube immediately, the ointment starts oozing out, so by the time you get to your second foot, it's already coming out of the tube and it's oily so will stain fabrics. Not worth it. A good cream would be so much better.

on 5/20/2012 12:41:00 AM

If you have dry, cracked feet, don't let the price scare you. I tried everything before Kerasal: pumice stones, scrubs, foot lotions, Vaseline, and nothing worked. My feet remained rough and full of calluses. Kerasal, at night, every night for a week, followed by a week of Bag Balm (socks on after you put either on your feet), and you'll have the most amazing, soft, non-flaky, callus-free feet. After a week, I use Kerasal once a week, and Bag Balm once a week, and my feet stay in fine shape.

on 7/23/2011 8:01:00 PM

This is a great exfoliating/moisturizing foot ointment! I've been using it daily for 2 months and my feet have never been softer. I am on my feet all day, so I develop calluses on my feet when I don't use this product. I use this in conjunction with the Tweezerman Pedro Callus stone in the shower daily and professional pedicures every 6 weeks and my feet have never looked better. The tube seems expensive for the size, but I use just a pea size drop of ointment for each foot, so a tube lasts for a few months.

on 3/4/2011 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing - this stuff does wonders for my feet. I am constantly in sandals or bare feet during the summer and I use this at night to keep my feet in "show" quality. This won't help you much if you have peeling scaly feet due to a fungal problem which was my original issue (gross, I know) and why nothing designed to help dry feet would help. Now that that's gone, this stuff is amazing. It's also great to help calm down KP (keratosis pilaris or "chicken skin" on arms/legs). Bonus: Dollar General makes a generic product with the same ingredients, a bigger tube, and at half the price so you can slather it on with reckless abandon!