Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara

3.9

on 8/8/2015 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara isn't very good in my opinion. It doesn't give a lot of length nor volume, it's more of like a "natural"mascara. The formula is quite wet, so maybe i should wait and see how it performs when it dries out. I got the waterproof version and I can honestly say it does not budge even when i shower. It's very hard to remove though- I use an oil, followed by a face wash and a micellar water.

on 3/22/2015 9:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

My go-to mascara. This was actually the first ever make up product I bought and I'm using it ever since. Of course, I tried lots of others and they worked just fine, but I always come back to this. I have blue eyes and I like to emphasize them and this mascara is perfect for that. It gives lenght and volume all in one. The only con I would say is that you can't build it up for more dramatic effect but I use the other mascara for purpose. For simple, everyday make up - by far the best.

on 11/1/2014 3:09:00 PM

The best mascara around - and trust me, I've tried quite a few! Applies nicely, dries quickly and lasts all day. Fairly expensive, but so worth it!

on 8/24/2014 12:07:00 PM

Can't say more about this product, it's my HG Mascara! I keep repurchase all over again! No cons at all! YOU MUST TRY!!!

on 7/20/2014 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this mascara because I heard that it would not smudge. Indeed, it does not smudge, but this mascara is too wet for my liking. It does not go well with my small uncurled lashes. It does not go well with using a eyelashcurler either. It does not give a good amount of volume, but it makes my lashes looking longer. The problem with this mascara is that it makes my lashes stick together and elongates them, and it's not a good look.

on 7/15/2014 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have been using this mascara for a very long time and I stopped using it to try out other ones, however I keep going back to this one. It is definitely one of my favourite mascaras.

I have short and straight lashes, so I need to curl them before applying mascara on them. I find that the waterproof formula works best for that, because it keeps my lashes curled, whereas the regular formula immediately weighs them down.
I also use a tissue paper to wipe mascara off the wand. That way it prevents my thin lashes from clumping together. It adds length and volume to my lashes and does a great job seperating lashes so you don't get clumpy spidery lashes.

This is definitely a mascara that I can recommend to everyone!

on 7/15/2014 2:41:00 PM

I have been using this product for years. I love it. I have long (but blonde and invisible) lashes that aren't very thick. I find a lot of mascaras gloop my eyelashes together and give that lovely spider look. This mascara doesn't do that. I find it really easy to build, add length and add volume without clagging my eyelashes together. It stays on well (probably not perfect, but I don't end up with panda eyes by the end of the day). But considering the price tag its fantastic. People always ask me what mascara I use and I always fully recommend this product. If you are spending a fortune on mascara you should give this a try as I have spent much more and got a lot less over the years.

on 5/30/2014 12:59:00 AM

This mascara is nothing special - yep, it darkens lashes and if that's all you're after, then this is your bag. However, you could always save $5 and go for Covergirl Mascara and get a product that thickens and enhances your lashes too.

Boom. Saved you time and money - you can thank me later.

on 8/13/2013 1:25:00 PM

This was pretty expensive for a drug store product. It was 20.00. But luckily, this mascara didn't fail to impress. I got it in the brown shade, and the wand is pretty flexible. The packaging was good, a bit big for a mascara in my opinion, but good all the same. I had very defined lashes after using this, they were spread out and natural looking and none were stuck together and/or clumped. You could also go heavier for a winged effect which also looked gorgeous. I would buy this again for sure, and I would recommend to a friend.

on 6/17/2013 4:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Eyelashes are my signature look and this little beauty is perfect for creating ultra long clump free lashes. It separates and lengthens without creating a scary spider's legs effect. This is a must have for fabulous fluttery eyelashes!

Top Rated Max Factor Products