July 30, 2014 | 2069 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by piaaa93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara because I heard that it would not smudge. Indeed, it does not smudge, but this mascara is too wet for my liking. It does not go well with my small uncurled lashes. It does not go well with using a eyelashcurler either. It does not give a good amount of volume, but it makes my lashes looking longer. The problem with this mascara is that it makes my lashes stick together and elongates them, and it's not a good look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara for a very long time and I stopped using it to try out other ones, however I keep going back to this one. It is definitely one of my favourite mascaras.

I have short and straight lashes, so I need to curl them before applying mascara on them. I find that the waterproof formula works best for that, because it keeps my lashes curled, whereas the regular formula immediately weighs them down.
I also use a tissue paper to wipe mascara off the wand. That way it prevents my thin lashes from clumping together. It adds length and volume to my lashes and does a great job seperating lashes so you don't get clumpy spidery lashes.

This is definitely a mascara that I can recommend to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Ruthia101

I have been using this product for years. I love it. I have long (but blonde and invisible) lashes that aren't very thick. I find a lot of mascaras gloop my eyelashes together and give that lovely spider look. This mascara doesn't do that. I find it really easy to build, add length and add volume without clagging my eyelashes together. It stays on well (probably not perfect, but I don't end up with panda eyes by the end of the day). But considering the price tag its fantastic. People always ask me what mascara I use and I always fully recommend this product. If you are spending a fortune on mascara you should give this a try as I have spent much more and got a lot less over the years.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by rigantona

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara is nothing special - yep, it darkens lashes and if that's all you're after, then this is your bag. However, you could always save $5 and go for Covergirl Mascara and get a product that thickens and enhances your lashes too.

Boom. Saved you time and money - you can thank me later.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by eimear5sos

This was pretty expensive for a drug store product. It was 20.00. But luckily, this mascara didn't fail to impress. I got it in the brown shade, and the wand is pretty flexible. The packaging was good, a bit big for a mascara in my opinion, but good all the same. I had very defined lashes after using this, they were spread out and natural looking and none were stuck together and/or clumped. You could also go heavier for a winged effect which also looked gorgeous. I would buy this again for sure, and I would recommend to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by danski1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Grey

Eyelashes are my signature look and this little beauty is perfect for creating ultra long clump free lashes. It separates and lengthens without creating a scary spider's legs effect. This is a must have for fabulous fluttery eyelashes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

I got this as a little sample and I'm really happy that I got to try it out! I would never have bought it myself, because the packagain and mascara wand/brush look quite boring to be honest! But it works really great. Gives you som length and volume in a natural but pretty way. It is not WOW, but really great! Don't really have any bad to say about it..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by mvgame

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm one of those lucky women who is blessed with long lashes, so my main concern normally is to find a mascara that enhances that, without clumping (trust me, with all those ‘voluminazing’ mascaras, that is no small task), and finally went back to basic: This mascara works for me, darkens my lashes, enhance them without clumping, and last the whole day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Iīve been using this mascara for years and let me say, this is hands down the best mascara for my lashes.
I have tried many mascaras from drugstore to high-end and I always come back to this one.
Let me give you the facts about my lashes, so you can decide, if this could work for you.
My lashes are straight and very average. Not much lenght, dark brown to black colour with lighter ends and not too many lashes.
The mascara has a fiber brush, that is incredibly good at coating your lashes with mascara and at the same time separating them. The formula of the mascara is also very good. Not too liquid and not too thick. The mascara doesnīt dry out or get clumpy very quick, which is also practical.
I always have to use a lash curler (mine is from MAC) to open my eyes, because my lashes are really straight.
I apply 2 to 3 coats of the mascara and -like magic- my lashes look very good.
The mascara transforms my kind of blah lashes into very nice va-va-voom lashes by providing more lenght, more volume and black colour. Especially the lenghtening effect is pretty good. In addition to that, my lashes look extremely natural. You donīt obviously see the mascara, but my lashes in a thicker, longer version.
Almost as if I was born with these beautiful lashes and donīt even have to bother putting mascara on.Thatīs the effect I want, because I donīt like these very volumizing mascaras, that make your lashes look like they are all clumped together, so everyone sees, that youīre wearing a lot of mascara. My lashes are feathery, separated and not clumpy at all, even with 3 coats.
I find it extremely easy to remove this mascara with oil-free eye make-up remover like Bioderma. You donīt have to use eye make-up remover with oil and donīt have to rub like crazy to get this off.
All the experiments over the years with other mascaras, even or especially with famous ones like YSL false lash effect or Diorshow Iconic, never made me stray very far from this. I paid a lot of money for these mascaras and was never satisfied. And with the more expensive brands, you end up paying a lot of money and when they donīt work for your lashes, you paid the money invain.
I decided to use this mascara and donīt even bother to look at other mascaras. I tried other ones from Max Factor and their mascaras are pretty good and affordable in general, but this one is perfection for me.
So, if you go for more lenght and volume in a very natural-looking way, this may be the mascara for you.
Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by lilangelhana

Another great Max Factor mascara - great volume, extra length, no clumps and no flaking. Second only to Masterpiece Max - I like a bit more drama.