October 25, 2014 | 1820 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as a deluxe sample and I love this mascara. I don't love it enough to spend that amount of money on it tho. It truly lengthens my lashes -- to the point that the tips of my lashes hit my brow area! My favorite part of this mascara is how it makes my lower lashes look tho. I hold the wand straight and just use the tip of the wand to pull down at my lower lashes. It elongates them makes my eyes look bigger. Great mascara, great formula, just too much money.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by SarahLynn21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this mascara out a couple of months back because of the positive reviews and also because I prefer brown mascara and you don't see that color in too many brands. The thing about mascara is that it will work differently depending on the type of lashes you have; I have long lashes that are medium thickness and have a slight curl.

That said here are the positives I've found:
- It doesn't flake or run(Even while working out)
- It separates the lashes fairly well
- The formula isn't too runny or too thick
Now for the negatives:
- It does nothing to volumize the lashes
- It does nothing to thicken the lashes
- It made my lashes look very spidery(Not a look I personally enjoy)
- It can clump some lashes together, further separating them and making them look sparse.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

This mascara was a letdown. It provided absolutely no definition, length or volume...and yes, this is with lash primer underneath. The brush also does not separate the lashes very well. This mascara actually made my eyes look worse! I found the curling my lashes before applying helps a bit, though my lashes still look sad. I had to layer another mascara for this one just to have the appearance of any lashes whatsoever.

The only thing it had going for it was that it wore very well. I may consider layering get on top of a better mascara, so I get to have its staying power while the other mascara actually does the hard work.

I'm glad I got to try a sample of this, because it's definitely not worth spending any money on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lancome Definicils is a very good mascara - my absolute HG. It lengthens, defines, curls and also thickens lashes and has great staying power. Absolutely no smudges or flakes with this one. To get a really good application, find that I must regularly clean the brush to prevent clumps. I usually swipe the wand with a piece of oil blotting paper to remove excess mascara prior to every application. (Oil blotting paper works much better than tissue since it has absolutely no lint.) After that it is very easy to apply. The brush has a great shape, long and slender, with firm and widely spaced bristles, that make it a breeze to reach each and every lash and coat them with mascara. The result is great lashes rather than obvious mascara. The price is almost outrageous ($25+), but the results (great compliment-worthy lashes) are priceless.
Bottom line: HG. Have repurchased countless tubes and will continue to do so as long as Lancome makes this mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by nicole26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NO! I finally caved and bought this mascara a couple of weeks ago. Read mixed reviews but also saw some pictures of some pretty long and impressive lashes. Used this mascara for a few days and decided it was time to go back. Hardly any length (even with a primer!) and NO volume. However, I did have flaking and smudging. I am sticking with my favorite drug store mascara, nothing has beat it yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This for some reason is the only non waterproof, non 'tubing' mascara that doesn't leave smudges under my eyes. It has a perfect sized brush too. I tried many waterproofs and although they hold a curl better they STILL smudge. Tubing mascaras come off in dark little tubes if water touches it. This washes off so easily at the end of the day too! This is mascara perfection, will not look elsewhere for something better. Oh ... And all mascaras perform the same on me..so I'm not a good one to ask about 'lengthening' vs 'thickening' and all that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:42:00 AM More reviews by LilMissMatched

This is an amazing quality mascara. I adore all Lancôme products, and have used them for years, since I was 11-12 years old and first started playing with makeup thanks to a very classy grandmother who bought TONS of Lancôme and Estée Lauder cosmetics. My Mema (rest in peace) bought all of her makeup at the Lancôme and Estée Lauder counters in Macy's and Foleys in BULK, spending tons of money on her cosmetics. She'd always get free deluxe samples, which I got, and I was also bequeathed her makeup she no longer used, most of it barely used or totally unused. Anyways, moving on from my long winded reminiscing and onto Definicils...I love the formula as it always lengthens my lashes, seperates gloriously, and gives me a gorgeous oomph. I love how black and dramatic it made my lashes, how well it opened up my asian eyes, and just how luxe it is. I don't even try any other mascaras, except sometimes drugstore buys on a whim, because as they say, if it's not broken, don't fix it. Will be eternally repurchasing in loving remembrance of my great-grandmother.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! I use two mascaras, this and Benefits They're Real mascara, and they work really well together. The packaging is great, it's long and thin. The brush is thin, and it tapers a little bit at the end..great for bottom lashes. It separates the lashes extremely well, lengthens, and I even think it gives my lashes volume. For someone with straight lashes that point down, this keeps them curled all day long, and that is a must for me. I will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by RenataRos

I am always looking for a good mascara, since mine was discontinued mine last year. I have good lashes but need a little extra. The reviews were great but it just seem like the everyday buy in the store mascara. If you are looking for lengthening this one is not for you. It doesn't separate the lashes very well either.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lilyjoha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

works good, doesn't smudge easily, lashes don't get dried out from it