August 22, 2014 | 1729 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This for some reason is the only non waterproof, non 'tubing' mascara that doesn't leave smudges under my eyes. It has a perfect sized brush too. I tried many waterproofs and although they hold a curl better they STILL smudge. Tubing mascaras come off in dark little tubes if water touches it. This washes off so easily at the end of the day too! This is mascara perfection, will not look elsewhere for something better. Oh ... And all mascaras perform the same on me..so I'm not a good one to ask about 'lengthening' vs 'thickening' and all that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:42:00 AM More reviews by LilMissMatched

This is an amazing quality mascara. I adore all Lancôme products, and have used them for years, since I was 11-12 years old and first started playing with makeup thanks to a very classy grandmother who bought TONS of Lancôme and Estée Lauder cosmetics. My Mema (rest in peace) bought all of her makeup at the Lancôme and Estée Lauder counters in Macy's and Foleys in BULK, spending tons of money on her cosmetics. She'd always get free deluxe samples, which I got, and I was also bequeathed her makeup she no longer used, most of it barely used or totally unused. Anyways, moving on from my long winded reminiscing and onto Definicils...I love the formula as it always lengthens my lashes, seperates gloriously, and gives me a gorgeous oomph. I love how black and dramatic it made my lashes, how well it opened up my asian eyes, and just how luxe it is. I don't even try any other mascaras, except sometimes drugstore buys on a whim, because as they say, if it's not broken, don't fix it. Will be eternally repurchasing in loving remembrance of my great-grandmother.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! I use two mascaras, this and Benefits They're Real mascara, and they work really well together. The packaging is great, it's long and thin. The brush is thin, and it tapers a little bit at the end..great for bottom lashes. It separates the lashes extremely well, lengthens, and I even think it gives my lashes volume. For someone with straight lashes that point down, this keeps them curled all day long, and that is a must for me. I will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by RenataRos

I am always looking for a good mascara, since mine was discontinued mine last year. I have good lashes but need a little extra. The reviews were great but it just seem like the everyday buy in the store mascara. If you are looking for lengthening this one is not for you. It doesn't separate the lashes very well either.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lilyjoha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

works good, doesn't smudge easily, lashes don't get dried out from it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by chicredress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

In short: genius mascara that defies all odds. Made me go back to HE mascara when I'd sworn it off forever. So good, it makes my cheap-a$$ angry.

I have a long, long history with Definicils. When I was in high school, in the early 90s, when I think Definicils was introduced, I was using Voluminous. And I was using volumes of Voluminous, and it started to damage my lashes, and they started to fall out in the outer corners. Distraught, I went to the department store and somehow ended up at the Lancome counter crying the blues about my damaged eyelashes, and she sold me on Definicils. My lashes returned to their normal state. The stuff is truly high quality ish.

Eventually I left Definicils, years later, I don't know why but probably due to poverty. I have since tried a billion mascaras. I was a devote of Dior Show for a while, but for the most part I embraced drug store mascara because I used so much of it, I needed it to be cheaper and I found plenty that I liked.

Lately, however, I have been frustrated. I'm 40 now and my skin is more delicate; I don't like to struggle to get mascara off, but at the same time, I hate the flaking that I've been seeing lately in the products I do like as far as application, or the smudging I also seem to always get-- and I can't do waterproof, my lashes fall out.

So my mom took me to Sephora in May, as a gift and I got all sorts of fun things and ended up with a sample of-- yup, you guessed it, DEFINICILS. So I tried it. And now I'm using it every day. It's just perfect. My lashes-- semi-long but absolutely straight and invisible w/o mascara-- look perfectly coiffed, good amount of drama, no smudging when I wear it on the bottom lashes, which I seriously find miraculous, and the piece de resistance is that it truly comes off with soap and water.

So, yeah. I'm gonna buy this again when the tiny sample tube runs out (but no sign of that yet and I've used it daily for a few weeks) and I'll be mad, but also happy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Slone07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy cow, I'm kicking myself for never using any of these samples before! I've had possibly a hundred of them! Maybe more! This week, for whatever reason, I cracked one open and used it and it has become my absolute favorite mascara. Just like that. The brush is perfection with firm bristles that really get IN there and get the job done, but aren't sharp and catch on my upper waterline causing me to flinch and get mascara under my eye. The formula is glossy, exceedingly lengthening, and non-clumpy. I am not usually a multiple coats kind of gal, but this formula is so pleasant to work with, that it's hard not to want to apply more. lol All of my other mascaras PALE in comparison to this one...I'm just sad I didn't try out a sample earlier!

ETA: And I got my first EVER compliment on my lashes today. Was told "they're gorgeous" and that "they look like falsies." I've always had sparse, fairly short natural lashes thanks to my thyroid struggles. I'm sold! LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

This is the best mascara for everyday use. It's light and conditioning. Not good for a night out but perfect for school/work/easy going date/trip to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is definitely my favorite mascara. I have been using it for years and occasionally try something new, most times to regret it. It completely fulfills my expectations: it comes in a slender, square, thin container. It is quite dark enough for my lashes. The wand is small just as I like it. The product does not clump and has decent lasting power. Finally, the price is OK for me.

I do not like: thick tubes, thick wands, sticky mascara, anything that clumps or that is difficult to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by liquidhappy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, LOVE this mascara. What put me on the hunt for a new mascara was by the end of the day, for some reason, it would get into my eyes and BURN like no other!! Nothing could be done other than remove my mascara, so heaven forbid this happen on a night out! I even tried Origins thinking natural was the ticket and it still would burn, although less than others. So, not only does this not burn like the dickens...ever, but my lashes are b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l! I get so many compliments on my lashes, even from strangers (like my dentist and new beautician). My lashes are healthy and I even think growing longer because I don't have to scrub to get it off. I don't use a eye-make up remover, just my face wash lightly lathered over my lids. So it doesn't flake, clump,smear, the tube lasts forever, no need to re-apply before dinner, and doesn't burn. I just hate the price tag - $30! :(