November 26, 2014 | 1360 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Crabtree & Evelyn - Jojoba Oil mositurizing body lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by fionahz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This body lotion is very expensive but I'll buy it again because I like the product.

I absolutely love the clean smell and this lotion, while a bit thin, moisturises well without making me feel sticky and oily which is something I hate in other lotions.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by IsabellaDubose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. It smells fantastic, like a luxury body lotion you get at high end hotels. It's herbal-ish and soothing in smell, which I'd always put on when I'm in need of some relaxation. Mmmm. This is as opposed to the other lotions from C&E - Aloe Vera, for example, is a very fresh-smelling lotion.
Texture wise it is a very light lotion but hydrating nonetheless.
I've just ran out of it recently and I've reused the pump bottle it came in because it's pretty sturdy - good quality pump.
A downside is perhaps it contains parabens...boo! So I wouldn't recommend using this around the chest area, if at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by mommy23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this lotion. It sinks in very quickly, but it is very healing to the skin. Jojoba oil is very close to natural skin oil (sebum). This lotion has healed my cracked heels, and I've tried many products for this. Even the glycolic products that seems to help get rid of the cracked skin didn't work as well as this which HEALED the skin. I like the smell; it reminds me of a soapy clean scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2011 6:50:00 AM More reviews by supersmaiden

Not only is this product extremely pricey, but it also gave me a very bad rash.. It was the worst thing ever.. My skin was on fire.. It stung like hell for 12 hours on different patches after I used this product. My skin was red and I had to use different things to try and calm it down. I AM NEVER USING THIS AGAIN.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

This is a light body lotion. Good for people whom do not like the feeling of sticky lotions on their skin. But i dun find it moisturising enough for my liking. Also find the smell alittle strong but thats not impt to me. Yeah most prob not gonna repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

This, to me, smells like washroom soap/lotion. Not impressed. I did, however, like the fact that it soaked into my skin right away and left a nice sikly feeling. Too bad I couldn't stand the smell of this lotion.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by mesloan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Update: I don't know if they changed the product or if I changed; however, I do not like the scent anymore. It's not bad but it is not what I remember from the last purchase. Will not buy again.

I am 50 years old and have been using this product, on and off, for ten years. My skin is only now starting to get a little dry, mostly on my shins (I guess I have been lucky). So, it's plenty moisturizing for me.I like how easy it is to apply, very light and absorbs fast.

I also ADORE the scent! It doesn't last that long but, I don't want a moisturizer scent to last long - that's what perfume is for. However, the scent is strong enough, long enough that I do not use it in the summertime because I am outside a lot and don't want skeeters chasing me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2008 2:00:00 AM More reviews by talexs

Feels great going on and a nice fragrance. but just not moisturizing, and I don't have particularly dry skin. I was really hoping that this could become a great everyday lotion, esp bc I lvoe the soap so much, but overall this lotion falls flat.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2008 11:43:00 AM More reviews by jamandbutter

Crabtree and Evelyn products have never particularly appealed to me for some reason but I decided to give this a try. To my surprise, this is a really good body moisturiser. Light texture and absorbs exceptionally well. It has a lovely scent and I find myself reaching for it everytime my skin feels dry. I use this every night before I sleep and wake up to nice, soft skin the next morning. A must-try!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by bloomingiris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to use this lotion when my skin was flaky and itchy from the winter weather. It worked really well--absorbed very quickly, and moisturized well enough to calm my skin down. I used this after using L'Occitane's shea butter balm (highest % of shea butter) to no avail. Was quite surprised that a lighter lotion could do the job better, but the sales person told me that how well a cream/ lotion moisturizes depends on how well it is absorbed into the skin, not how thick it is.

I wouldn't buy it again because I've found a better cure to dry, itchy skin--extra virgin coconut oil. While it smells worse than Crabtree & Evelyn's jojoba oil lotion, it works a lot better. Faster results, and also much cheaper and more natural (no chemicals or any other additives.)