Aesop Fabulous Face Cleanser

3.8

Water Olive oil PEG 7 esters Ammonium Laureth Sulfate Glycerin PEG-150 Disterate Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) fruit oil Sea Salt Coco-Betaine d-Limonene Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf oil Carmellia Sinesis Leaf Extract Linalool Anthemis Nobilis Flower oil Methylchloroisothiazolinone Methyllisothiazolinone

on 7/31/2015 1:31:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is targeted towards sensitive skin but contains a caustic concoction of (natural) sensitising, aggravating ingredients including essential and fragrant oils. I guess Aesop is making these claims based upon the fact that this cleanser is "low foaming"? It gives the product that herbaceous smell... but I'd rather buy a candle. I don't consider my skin "particularly" sensitive, but my skin revolted against me using this product, and had nasty red bumps, and general redness, particularly all over my forehead. Even if you don't react to this product, it is likely continuous use will have long-term negative effects (photosensitivity being a primary concern)
Just because something is natural doesn't necessarily mean it's good to rub on your face.
Further, the packaging is frustrating but at least it looks oh so trendy on the bathroom counter right?

on 10/15/2014 8:49:00 AM

I got a few sample of this to try it out. My skin is combi-oily-acne prone- sensitive-dry!
I was going through a dry- sensitive phase so I asked for this cleanser. The smell is nice. It does clean well but it dried my skin more.
Great overall but not for me.

on 9/21/2014 8:51:00 PM

I used this product for many years and I loved it, it smells lovely and made my skin feel like a baby's butt. The b and tea toner is perfect to follow this cleanser as the combination is great at eliminating oil. I only changed products because my skin became less oily as I moved from my teens to my 20's and this product is a little drying.

on 8/22/2014 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My skin typically prefers milk or cream cleansers. Most gel-based face washes are too drying. This one by Aesop is surprisingly gentle even though it foams a little bit. It has an olive oil base and contains extracts of bergamot, rosemary and chamomile. I like it best as a morning face wash. It doesn't remove makeup as thoroughly as I would like, so if I use it in the evenings I always follow it with a toner to pick up any leftover residue. I probably won't repurchase this regularly as it's pricey, but I'd definitely have it in rotation within my skincare regimen.

on 8/21/2014 9:45:00 AM

Bought this cleanser from an online retailer after using their parsley seed oil cleanser and LOVING it, so thought I would try this next. I have combination oily/dehydrated skin and after using this cleanser for a few days I noticed my whole face becoming flaky and tight. Now starting to break out on my forehead and chin (I rarely break have issues with pimples).

I've stopped using the cleanser and will go back to my medik8 gentle foaming cleanser which I find works amazingly with my skin.

on 7/23/2014 3:08:00 AM

I did like this, but the problem I had with it was that it didn't remove makeup. I don't wear very much so I deemed this product kind of pointless if it can't even get rid of that.

on 9/30/2013 8:44:00 AM

I loved this cleanser. It's perfect in every way. The scent is refreshing but yet over powering nor too strong. The texture is in gel form in low foaming format. Little amount is enough to cleanse no make up day while a little more is required to remove make up.

I've found many gel cleanser dry up skin with tightness feeling. This cleanser has the right balance to leave your face nice, fresh and clean without the dryness / tightness.

Also, I have sensitive skin and usually if I massaged the cleanser too long on my face will cause redness while this one doesn't cause any redness at all.

The only drawback is quite expensive for a cleanser.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my current HG cleanser. It is perfect for my sensitive skin. The consistency is a light, low foaming gel, and you only need a teaspoon for cleansing.

I find that it cleans all my foundation off (Revlon one step cream compact), which is remarkable. It is gentle, and does not strip the natural oils from my skin. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed without tightness or redness afterwards.

The packaging is chic - the immediately recognisable Aesop glass, dark brown bottle. The smell is herbaceous and utterly divine.

I noticed a big difference in my skin after using Aesop's Fabulous Face Cleanser. My redness was reduced significantly, the whiteheads between my eyebrows are disappearing, and my skin has an incredible glow to it. I'm so happy, and will repurchase again and again in a heartbeat.

on 5/22/2012 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I really like Aesop but this cleanser is rather useless esp. for eye make-up, mascara, or thick foundation/concealer. My skin didn't feel very clean afterward and I had to wash my face again with other products to get everything off. I'm more of an all-in-one person so clearly this cleanser doesn't work for me. It is not cheap either, taking into consideration that there are a lot of affordable product out there. Sorry, Aesop.

on 12/10/2011 10:48:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is a beautiful cleanser, doesn't dry out my skin and leaves it feeling clean. The smell isn't too overpowering either. It's pricy, but I think it's worth it, so I would buy it again.