April 16, 2014 | 2017 users online

Cleansers - Aesop - Fabulous Face Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I loved this cleanser. It's perfect in every way. The scent is refreshing but yet over powering nor too strong. The texture is in gel form in low foaming format. Little amount is enough to cleanse no make up day while a little more is required to remove make up.

I've found many gel cleanser dry up skin with tightness feeling. This cleanser has the right balance to leave your face nice, fresh and clean without the dryness / tightness.

Also, I have sensitive skin and usually if I massaged the cleanser too long on my face will cause redness while this one doesn't cause any redness at all.

The only drawback is quite expensive for a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by shushupopopipi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my current HG cleanser. It is perfect for my sensitive skin. The consistency is a light, low foaming gel, and you only need a teaspoon for cleansing.

I find that it cleans all my foundation off (Revlon one step cream compact), which is remarkable. It is gentle, and does not strip the natural oils from my skin. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed without tightness or redness afterwards.

The packaging is chic - the immediately recognisable Aesop glass, dark brown bottle. The smell is herbaceous and utterly divine.

I noticed a big difference in my skin after using Aesop's Fabulous Face Cleanser. My redness was reduced significantly, the whiteheads between my eyebrows are disappearing, and my skin has an incredible glow to it. I'm so happy, and will repurchase again and again in a heartbeat.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by janjarang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like Aesop but this cleanser is rather useless esp. for eye make-up, mascara, or thick foundation/concealer. My skin didn't feel very clean afterward and I had to wash my face again with other products to get everything off. I'm more of an all-in-one person so clearly this cleanser doesn't work for me. It is not cheap either, taking into consideration that there are a lot of affordable product out there. Sorry, Aesop.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a beautiful cleanser, doesn't dry out my skin and leaves it feeling clean. The smell isn't too overpowering either. It's pricy, but I think it's worth it, so I would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by meisels1muse1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first, I've absolutely loved this cleanser - the smell was unusual, but very nice; my skin would feel incredibly refreshed and invigorated, but most importantly my pores would instantly appear smaller, especially my horrible blackheads! After moisturising, my skin was very smooth to touch and I felt great about it overall.
Unfortunately, after a couple of months it started to dry my T-zone out like crazy, and the skin around the nose would feel like sandpaper after using this. I think it could be the reason why my skin is so dehydrated nowadays. :(
Now as to packaging and price - not amazing, but a better value overall if you buy a bigger bottle. The 200ml lasted me all throughout July to November (which I thought was quite something when I've realised that) and only cost me 29(~$45). I love the Aesop packaging as well (probably the best on the market right now) and never felt like the glass bottle is inferior to all the other plastic ones on the shelf - in fact, I think that it's quite original.
Overall, I would've loved it and cherished it forever were it not for the fact that it's better as a short-term solution, but defintely doesn't help the skin in the long run.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by stephee89

I have very oily skin especially around the T-Zone area, sometimes my cheeks are dry but usually it's just slightly oily and my pores clogs easily.

So, this cleanser works beautifully in the sense that it does not dry up your face like some oil control cleanser does. 2 of the many main ingredients of the cleanser are my favorites, namely, lavender and rosemary therefore it smells really good and soothing to me! =)

Although it doesn't dries up my skin but it doesn't help much with the oil control as my face becomes oily again after an hour. It also doesn't prevent my pores from clogging. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by ckn23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOOVE THIS!
I have super super sensitive, oily but dehydrated, very reactive skin, and this has not broken me out or caused redness or anything! It smells nice, you can get a free pump (with the 200mL bottle), and it doesn't dry out my skin or make it tight.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Mia87

I have used this cleaner for about 3 months now, I really like the fact that its got all natural ingredients. I have combo skin which goes dry in winter, I found this cleaner very effective yet gentle on my skin, however it also left my skin feeling tight at times which I didnt like, I suppose my skin is sensetive as well. This would suit somone with oily skin better. I will buy a gentlier version of their cleaner next time. I didnt like the packidge very much as I travel a lot so its very hard to take it without spilling it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by sthom87

I tried a few sample packets of this and was impressed with how clean I felt afterwards, so yesterday I went and bought the 200ml bottle. Even though it was $47 AUD, I was willing to fork out for it. Feels effective and leaves the skin very soft. Only downside is the glass bottle. The SA gave me two pumps to go with it, but I'm scared that one day I'll smash it.

By the way, Aesop is a pretty amazing brand when it comes to what else they do outside of skin care. I live in Adelaide, South Australia and they sponsored the French Film Festival here and are currently selling a book in store (can't remember what it's called). If you're a member they send you out discount movie tickets etc. I like their attitude to culture.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by margotlicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am half way though my second bottle of this cleanser, and I still love it. The smell is so natural and fresh, without being overpowering. I use it morning and night, a bottle lasts me about 4 months, so although it is expensive for a small bottle, value for money is not too bad. I have normal to combination skin and it is just very gently foaming, enough to feel like your skin is being cleaned without stripping it.

Ask for a pump dispenser when you buy the product (the shop assistant gave me one) because without it, it is really clumsy in the shower to be opening a slippery glass bottle and I would often end up pouring out too much. With the pump, I usually only use half a pump each time so not so much wastage.