Aesop Fabulous Face Cleanser

3.8

Water Olive oil PEG 7 esters Ammonium Laureth Sulfate Glycerin PEG-150 Disterate Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) fruit oil Sea Salt Coco-Betaine d-Limonene Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf oil Carmellia Sinesis Leaf Extract Linalool Anthemis Nobilis Flower oil Methylchloroisothiazolinone Methyllisothiazolinone

on 10/15/2014 8:49:00 AM

I got a few sample of this to try it out. My skin is combi-oily-acne prone- sensitive-dry!
I was going through a dry- sensitive phase so I asked for this cleanser. The smell is nice. It does clean well but it dried my skin more.
Great overall but not for me.

on 9/21/2014 8:51:00 PM

I used this product for many years and I loved it, it smells lovely and made my skin feel like a baby's butt. The b and tea toner is perfect to follow this cleanser as the combination is great at eliminating oil. I only changed products because my skin became less oily as I moved from my teens to my 20's and this product is a little drying.

on 8/22/2014 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My skin typically prefers milk or cream cleansers. Most gel-based face washes are too drying. This one by Aesop is surprisingly gentle even though it foams a little bit. It has an olive oil base and contains extracts of bergamot, rosemary and chamomile. I like it best as a morning face wash. It doesn't remove makeup as thoroughly as I would like, so if I use it in the evenings I always follow it with a toner to pick up any leftover residue. I probably won't repurchase this regularly as it's pricey, but I'd definitely have it in rotation within my skincare regimen.

on 8/21/2014 9:45:00 AM

Bought this cleanser from an online retailer after using their parsley seed oil cleanser and LOVING it, so thought I would try this next. I have combination oily/dehydrated skin and after using this cleanser for a few days I noticed my whole face becoming flaky and tight. Now starting to break out on my forehead and chin (I rarely break have issues with pimples).

I've stopped using the cleanser and will go back to my medik8 gentle foaming cleanser which I find works amazingly with my skin.

on 7/23/2014 3:08:00 AM

I did like this, but the problem I had with it was that it didn't remove makeup. I don't wear very much so I deemed this product kind of pointless if it can't even get rid of that.

on 9/30/2013 8:44:00 AM

I loved this cleanser. It's perfect in every way. The scent is refreshing but yet over powering nor too strong. The texture is in gel form in low foaming format. Little amount is enough to cleanse no make up day while a little more is required to remove make up.

I've found many gel cleanser dry up skin with tightness feeling. This cleanser has the right balance to leave your face nice, fresh and clean without the dryness / tightness.

Also, I have sensitive skin and usually if I massaged the cleanser too long on my face will cause redness while this one doesn't cause any redness at all.

The only drawback is quite expensive for a cleanser.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my current HG cleanser. It is perfect for my sensitive skin. The consistency is a light, low foaming gel, and you only need a teaspoon for cleansing.

I find that it cleans all my foundation off (Revlon one step cream compact), which is remarkable. It is gentle, and does not strip the natural oils from my skin. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed without tightness or redness afterwards.

The packaging is chic - the immediately recognisable Aesop glass, dark brown bottle. The smell is herbaceous and utterly divine.

I noticed a big difference in my skin after using Aesop's Fabulous Face Cleanser. My redness was reduced significantly, the whiteheads between my eyebrows are disappearing, and my skin has an incredible glow to it. I'm so happy, and will repurchase again and again in a heartbeat.

on 5/22/2012 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I really like Aesop but this cleanser is rather useless esp. for eye make-up, mascara, or thick foundation/concealer. My skin didn't feel very clean afterward and I had to wash my face again with other products to get everything off. I'm more of an all-in-one person so clearly this cleanser doesn't work for me. It is not cheap either, taking into consideration that there are a lot of affordable product out there. Sorry, Aesop.

on 12/10/2011 10:48:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is a beautiful cleanser, doesn't dry out my skin and leaves it feeling clean. The smell isn't too overpowering either. It's pricy, but I think it's worth it, so I would buy it again.

on 11/14/2011 3:56:00 PM

At first, I've absolutely loved this cleanser - the smell was unusual, but very nice; my skin would feel incredibly refreshed and invigorated, but most importantly my pores would instantly appear smaller, especially my horrible blackheads! After moisturising, my skin was very smooth to touch and I felt great about it overall.
Unfortunately, after a couple of months it started to dry my T-zone out like crazy, and the skin around the nose would feel like sandpaper after using this. I think it could be the reason why my skin is so dehydrated nowadays. :(
Now as to packaging and price - not amazing, but a better value overall if you buy a bigger bottle. The 200ml lasted me all throughout July to November (which I thought was quite something when I've realised that) and only cost me 29(~$45). I love the Aesop packaging as well (probably the best on the market right now) and never felt like the glass bottle is inferior to all the other plastic ones on the shelf - in fact, I think that it's quite original.
Overall, I would've loved it and cherished it forever were it not for the fact that it's better as a short-term solution, but defintely doesn't help the skin in the long run.