October 23, 2014 | 1193 users online

Cleansers - Aesop - Purifying Facial Cream Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by dkarb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Generally, it's a not-bad product. It cleanses well, but not deeply enough for my tastes. Takes off make-up well, but not so well that I resorted in using a muslin cloth in order to help the product clean my skin better. The smell is quite strong, but not unpleasant, instead leaving one with a sense of cleanliness and freshness. Thankfully it didn't dry out my skin, which a lot of cleansers do.
I am a big fan of Aesop products, but I have to say that this isn't one of my favourites. I would recommend it to someone with a normal skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by lauramvig

I bought this product in the tube, not a jar like in the product photo, so I was very happy with the packaging.

Very effective at removing makeup, leaves skin feeling really clean but not stripped, Works really well with a facial brush.

I would buy this again, but it's a tough one as I also received a sample of the Fabulous Face cleanser and loved that one too!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by chewmybubblegumpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i found that this product really worked for me and ive been using it for a year or so now.
Before this i used a cleanser with Benzol peroxide, which broke me out sooo bad, so my mum gave me this. I thought that it might break me out even more, but i tried it anyway and within a week or so i cleared up.
Even though i still do get the occasional pimple, its the best cleanser ive used. And may i add ive tried alot of cleansers before i found this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this instead of my usual Amazing Face Cleanser, just for something different. I'll finish it off, but I will not re-purchase. It works okay as a cleanser, but I prefer the gel formula of AFC and find that it goes a longer way and cleanses the face more effectively. I have to use a great deal of PFCC to get any decent coverage. I also dislike the fact that I must poke my fingers into the jar to get the product out. Most of all, I despise the fragrance. To me, it smells like grappa - that strong, vile-smelling (and tasting!) home-made plum liquor. It's not something I want to me reeking of!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2007 11:37:00 AM More reviews by erotic_snail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, I really dislike the scent of this. It is very 'herby' (sorry - terrible at identifying scents). But as far as cleansers go this one is really very good!
My current foundation is heavy (EL - double wear) and fairly difficult to remove. This took it off easily.
I apply to a damp face and massage it in for 10 - 15 seconds. In order to test it I removed it with only water rather than my usual body shop face cloth, then tested for traces of make up with my toner - nothing! Believe me - that's a huge rarity!
It makes my skin soft like nothing else and even though I hate the whole "use with the Aesop hydrating cream of your choice" gimmick I have to say it works beautifully with the primrose facial hydrating cream!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2007 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Charlie87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this to be ineffective at removing anything. I was consistently left not feeling clean. I was lured by the organic-based idea and thought I would be a convert. It smells horrible and is particularly inconvenient and unheigenic with its glass jar packaging that makes it impossible to use in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2006 11:37:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

This is a thick cream cleanser in a heavy screw top jar. Although the instructions advise you to apply to damp skin, I find it removes makeup better when used dry. I massage in thoroughly and remove with warm water and a muslin washcloth. It leaves my sensitive combination skin completely clean and unirritated, with no greasy residue or tight feeling. I have some really tenacious long-lasting foundations which resist most cleansers, but this one gets off everything. The waxy smell is rather offputting (similar to Terax Crema), and I had rather they'd added more herbal ingredients to mask it. I find I need a good teaspoon or so to cleanse properly, which means I get through a jar remarkably quickly. Despite its effectiveness, I doubt I'll repurchase this again, simply because of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2006 8:53:00 AM More reviews by krllama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my favourite cleanser for years but the effect gradually wore off. At first it left me with lovely soft, fresh feeling skin and didn't trigger any sensitivities. However after a while I found that it wasn't cleansing enough so I moved on to bigger an better things (Dermalogica). The price kept increasing too whilst the package kept getting smaller. Too much for a cleanser that was just 'ok'.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2006 12:18:00 PM More reviews by annmarie91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

in like this cleanser very much. remove make-up and eye-make-up. that's great. it's a cream cleanser but my skin very clean but hydrated. nice. my skin feel soft, cleansed and good. it good when you use a moisturizer because you must use it when you have very dry skin. the cleanser is for all skin typen, i think. aesop says for very dry ans sensitive skin but i think when you have comco skin the cleanser is great as well. i have combo skin and it was never greasy to me. after washing the face, ther face is really matte. that was a nice effect. i tried some gel cleanser and after washing my face with this my skin looks "shiny" and looks oily(but it wasnt oily). the cleanser is very good i i never found something bad. i recommend this to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2006 5:07:00 AM More reviews by azzurro

I used the Fabulous Face Cleanser when I was in Melbourne, but decided to change my regime when I moved to a humid and tropical climate. Now it's the Cream Cleanser, the Bitter Orange toner, EL eye balm (the one in amber glass jar) and optional Mandarin Face Cream if I feel dry. It cleans well if you massage it on, and it leaves my skin soft - not too oily and not too taut. Still undecided on whether to use the Cream Cleanser or Fabulous, but my money for facial cleanser definitely goes to Aesop. P.S.: the SA was puzzled when I told her I used the Cream cleanser (meant for dry skin) in conjunction to the Bitter Orange toner (meant for oily skin), but I found I needed an astringent yet non-drying toner for my skin. It works though.