October 24, 2014 | 1623 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lipglass in Oyster Girl

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I was craving an old school MAC Lipglass (not creme, plush, dazzle, or lustre...I wanted the original stuff). But I wanted something I could use for layering that would soften what lippie I had on. Enter Oyster Girl. While it is described as a pink, I would lean more to say it is a true Oyster shade...sometimes skewing quite beige other times pink. It is brilliant at softening uber vampy lips for day wear. The only reason I did not give this a full 5 lippies is because I do not like the way this looks by itself. It is a bit too muting, milky, pale on me right now by itself. I prefer Fashion Scoop or Boy Bait if I wear a lipgloss by itself. I am Nw20, almost black hair, brown eyes, mauve lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by lofo18

I purchased this lipglass today in search of some kind of lip product that would cancel out the red pigment in my lips. It does exactly that! It is light enough that it just gives my lips a frosty pale pink color which I love. It is a tad sticky but that is what makes it last.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

I usually dislike lipgloss because I don't like the feeling of grease on my mouth, plus I don't really think they enhance my appearance. Anyway, this one changed my mind. It's a nice light pinky clear colour which really makes your lips look good without too much attention drawn to them. Plus this stuff looks amazing over lipstick as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I happen to be a huge fan of MAC's tinted lipglass so I had high hopes for this shade. This shade is very sheer and I believe it is meant to be layered over lipstick. This lipglass is just not for me. I will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by TraciMaci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this Lipglass color in Oyster Girl. It's so pretty! It's my new fave!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Oyster Girl is currently my favorite lipgloss of all time. I am most definitely a gloss girl--I really cannot stand lipsticks on me. I actually received oyster girl as a gift. Based on the color, I never would have picked it on my own. It gives me the perfect pearly nude pout that really helps tone down my super pigmented lips (which I find often compete with my heavy eye makeup) The only caveat is that I have a love/hate relationship with MAC lipglass formula. I used to love cremesheens because they weren't sticky, but the problem was that they really did not last on my lips for more than 10 mins. What a waste of $$. As much as I can't stand sticky lipglosses, the truth is, oyster girl lasts on me for forever b/c of its stickiness. It's something I've learned to put up with, but the color alone makes this a must-have for me. Sometimes I'm iffy as to whether or not I will repurchase a product, but in this case it is an absolute YES I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

They call this a lipglass, because this lipgloss is very shiny and glassy and did i say thick? Well yes it is like I say about other MAC lipglasses, I like the pearly creamy and oh yeah oystery look. It's in a larger tube. There should be more gloss in there, and The applcator shouldn't be bristle brush, it should be a sponge wand like most other MAC lipgloss products. I want to try out many shades. I like the shine, moisture, colour, and the long lasting effects. The smell is nice too. No actual flavor to this one, which is one of teh best parts other than the long lasting and the osytery-pearly colour and it has a 4+ hour last that's on me my lips, others can have other opinions. I will be trying and buying more shades in thenearby futre, when i have enough money, I may come home with 2 or more glosses at once from MAC (make-up art cosmetics)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by sophiemayw

The colour looked a tad different on the website, especially swatches I had seen online, so I was a bit disappointed with how purple it really is. The metallic look to it is actually quite nice and mixed with a lipstick or another colour lipgloss, it is wearable. I won't be buying it again but I will make good use of it now I have got it. I love all MAC packaging anyway, so it makes no difference to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Tthis product is a pink with goldish pearly iridisecnts. It has the vanilla scent that all MAC lip products have. This is a pretty shade over a pink or nude lip color. The only downside to this product is that it tends to be quite sticky. It gets annoying throughout the day when hair is getting stuck on your lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by MidnightPurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this color. It's the perfect shiney glassy baby pink to wear over pale pink and nude lipstick. It has a nice vanilla taste and isn't sticky. It has a nice smooth and comfy texture. It's the best lipgloss.