April 24, 2014 | 1999 users online

Fragrances - Paco Rabanne - BLack XS

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Jinstellakwon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's a men's fragrance but it has a really light, fresh smell with a hint of sweetness. Reminds me of Dolce Gabbana Light Blue without the floral (if that makes sense). I'm still on the fence about its staying power, but I'm in love with the scent. Smelled the women's version and it was way too sweet. Not sure if I'd buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The minute I sprayed this on my skin, I thought: another Angel dupe. Yes, it has this ultra sweet/patchouli mix in a watered down version, although the beginning is a tad more fruity. Staying power is not so good either. Definitely not full-bottle worthy for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by daftwerk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Paco Rabanne's BLACK XS Pour Homme was a highly touted fragrance that I'd looked foward to experience for a very long time and sadly, my expectations for this wonderfully simple frag were not met by my olfactive threshold when I finally got a hold of the scent. For starters, the packaging is a terrible let down, the plastic shrinkwrap lining the carton is of a very poor rendering making it seem more like a box of store brand water crackers and not a fine French perfume, and while the flaçon in itself is nice, a clever take on a cigarette lighter with a static flipping lid, the brand embossment on the bottle front is of a cheap measure seemingly produced with a gothic font stencil and a can of white spray paint. At first test, the scent itself is strikingly unremarkable, similar to any standard tutti-frutti body splash available at the local Bath & Body Works, BUT, as quickly as one is assaulted by it's sharp fruity ordinariness, this juicy scent takes a bold and boozy turn into a creamy realm of grapey caramels that linger on the skin until it dries into a stale tincture of dark grassy woods. I for one fail to receive the berry or patchouli notes, and I can only guess at the hints of praline and kalamanzi, but in a scent of this harmonious chemistry it would remain impossible to single out any particular note. I do make vivid associations to Japanese yuzu and sparkling champagne cocktails ultimately making it unlike anything I've ever sprayed on my skin. Sillage however is mediocre at best as I require a good two and three sprtzes to fully experience the magnificence of the scent. Finally, while technically a gourmand in design, this should never rest alongside the likes of A*MEN or Rahat Loukhoum, as it's far less complex and obvious a creation. Overall it is an okay fragrance on its own merits, but as a man's fragrance it becomes something truly extraordinary in a realm of tired florid woods and aldehydic marines. I award BLACK XS four MUA lippies because I was expecting to find the holy grail and instead got an exquisite gothic chalice as an adequate consolation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2007 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Nanna1972

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the mens fragrance
I like it for myself (I´m a woman) and I like it on my boyfriend. I really think this is a kind of unisex fragrance, and much better for woman than the BlackXS designed for woman - it is way to sweet and cloying in my opinion. To me, the mens version smells a little bit of candy, which is really nice on me. As I tend to go for lighter fragrances right now, I won´t give it a 5, but it´s definitly worth a try even if it is a mens fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2007 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Bigcolour

This review is for the men's version.

I think I might've just found my HG! I love woody oriental scents but a lot of them are too sweet, cloying, and way feminine. Black XS is woody and fruity in a sweet yet mysterious way. very sensual and sexy with an edge. The sweetness is more in the background while the warm woodiness takes the centre stage. The notes are very well-balanced. Even though marketing as men's cologne, I find it totally wearable (at least for myself). It doesn't deveop much and stays close to the skin. After 6-7 hours, it still lingers, which is pretty amazing because perfumes usually fades rather quickly on me. I'd definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Reminds me a lot of V&R Flowerbomb, but Flowerbomb is better. This is very candy-sweet, full, but not exactly cloying...for me too sweet.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 3:24:00 AM More reviews by frinze

I'm reviewing for BLACK XS pour elle, please go to XS elle for better reference on which I'm refering to.

I was with a girlfriend and she sprayed this on us each because she just loved the bottle. I wouldn't say it gothic but it's more of our style as we love rock music too. Not metal but rock, :)
(I'm a teen, what you expect?) haha* This really reminds me of Avril's Girlfriend song that we raved for..
Black XS elle is launched this year, 2007..
I find it really unique as it's sweet and spicy at the same time. A good mixture of ingredients. It's actually fruity spicy- very sexy. The drydown is really nice sweet(not sickening!) and spicy. I tried several perfumes from Escada's, Gucci's, Hugo Boss' and many more and this is THE-BEST!
I can't guarantee that all will like this though. Some may like fruity like Escada's which I do too and vice versa...
Yes i will purchase but not repurchase as i have tons of perfumes, lol
Hope my review helps.
Top note : Pink Peppercorn, Tamarind, Cranberry
Middle note : Hellebore Rose, Black Violet, Cocoa Blossom
Base note : Massoia wood, Patchouli, Black Vanilla

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2007 3:15:00 PM More reviews by desdekid

This review is for Black XS for women.
I was expecting a dark, rich perfume, but instead it was a kiddy sweet candy smell, and I believe it's a LOT like Delices de Cartier.
too bad, I liked the gothic bottle, and the ingredients sounded so mysterious, like hellebore rose... it's nothing mysterious or dark about this perfume, it's just the usual tutty frutty smell that's so popular theese days. I am dissapointed because I LOOOVE Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet, that is such a unique beautifull smell.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Emese1

Wow! I've just sampled the new Black XS for Women. Love it! Love it! Love it! It's sweet (I'm into more sweet fragrances these days then before) but not sickly sweet (Don't think of Angle!). I guess it's the patchouli and the vanilla. I can't stop sniffing my wrist. It's so comforting but chick at the same time. I didn't buy it at the end, I bought Dalimania by Salvador Dali, which is also a sweet fragrance, but a bit more affordable. Though Black XS wasn't terribly expesnive either. The staying power is very good also.
But I hate the bottle. It's this new trend with the black ghotic letters, looks like it was made for a Heavy M fan or some other rebellious teenager. Foul!
Edit: Ok, the bottle is nicer than I remembered. The smell is quite ok, but nothing unique. The second time it wasn't so wow as the first time. It's definitely for younger people. I don't think I'd buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2006 10:53:00 AM More reviews by pearlywhite

The perfume is very attractive - young and sweet.
Thought about bying it for myself.
But I feel myself slightly sad while sensing it.
And I definetely like the boy in the poster -:)
And don`t like the ending "XS" - what the hell is so "small" about him?? -^))