April 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Treatments - Ouidad - Deep Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Mayagayam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate her prices, but can't live without Ouidad products. My fine wavy hair is never better than when I use them. You can get a travel size set to try them cheaper.

I use this set - Climate Control gel, Curl Quencher shampoo and conditioner, occasionally Botanical Boost Leave-in for curl support, Styling Mist hair spray and occasional Deep Treatment for shine. I also do ACV rinses twice a week and occasionally throw in Coconut Oil or Coconut Milk pre-shampoo treatments. When I henna my hair in tandem with these, the health, thickness and shine of my hair is even better.

Hope this helps.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this deep treatment. My hair looks and acts better in every way after I use it. Yes, it's very expensive but I use it only once a month so it lasts a good long time. It's a deep treatment not just your average deep conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by bostonbabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't actually have curly hair but a deep treatment is a deep treatment, right? I have fine (but very dense) slightly wavy hair (2a). I got this to use as a protein treatment because I highlight my hair and tons of products as well as heat. I'm a model so my hair really goes through a lot. This is definitely good as a protein treatment, my hair feels stronger, however, this leaves a really gross, sticky feeling in my hair. I had to wear it up after I used it. It didn't weigh my hair down at all, but it just felt gross. And I rinsed it really thoroughly, even though it says not to. I'll try this again and shampoo it out but if that doesn't work I guess I just won't use it. It does smell really good though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by CassandraMortmain

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Why this product is special in a nutshell: it delivers crazy hydration & curl definition WITHOUT SILICONE. My hair hates silicone- that plastic may smooth, but it builds up my thick hair, weighs it down so that it looks like some kind of giant wig. Almost every product on the market has dimethicone or some cone right up there - finding a product without it is a challenge. The price point is high - but it's reliable & since I color my curly hair sometimes I just have to have a sure thing. I've been using this for over 10 years - I used to make a special trip to the salon on 57th Street to buy it. (Never had my hair cut there though!) TIP: works great as a leave in conditioner as well.
That being said - I have no patience for the blow drier / heat treatment they recommend - I barely have a functioning blow drier (it's for guests!) Still works great though!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by amany12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not sure this did anything for my hair. I have used it twice without any noticeable results. And the price is too much for me-it just isn't worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

The price is so obscene, they should put a black bar over it. FIFTY BUCKS?! I mean, it's insulting to charge that much. Don't get me wrong, it's a good conditioner. I got amazing results when I got the treatment done in a salon, and it performs almost as well with home-use, but seriously? $50? Enjoy works as well for half the price; Aussie gives similar results for less than a tenth of this stuff. Both smell better. Get a sample of this at Sephora, but don't give in to this ridiculous hype. No conditioner is work this price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It works decent, but FIFTY DOLLARS?!?!?! Oh no way. Never again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by kikifly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. I have fine curly long hair that is highlighted and colored. Sometimes I need to press the restart button with my hair, if you know what I mean... deep cleanse and deep condition. This is a good solution and I feel that my hair soaks up the protein. That being said...I believe it is outragous to charge $50. a bottle for this. Nothing in the ingredient list is rare or special. Also after watching Ouidad's videos and reading her book, I have come to the realization that she really irritates me with her Queen of Curl stuff. I am looking for a reasonably priced alternative. I have found that putting olive oil on my hair with the heat cap is almost as helpful. (minus the proteins)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I believe this is a good strengthing conditioner. It can help repair natural curls damaged from too much heat styling and will reinforce your hairs natural curl pattern. It is intended to be a weekly intense treatment to keep your hair fibers strong and resitant to damage.

With that said, I do think it is a bit overrated. I have used this occasionally whenever I want to give my hair TLC, and also consistently on a weekly basis with heat cap or a hair steamer. I apply to damp hair after shampooing, or if I shampooed and my hair is already dry, I will apply to dry hair. Then sit under conditioning cap for at least 20 min, but sometimes longer, up to 45 with low heat. Then I apply a moisturizing conditioner (AUbrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Kenra Moisturizing, Trader Joe's Nourish, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Moisturizing), and rinse. My hair is left hydrated, strong, and has a bit more bounce. But this is how my hair feels after every protein treatment.

I think this product delivers great results because it doesnt leave your hair dry and crunch after many protein treatments will. If you follow the instructions, it leaves your hair strong without overdoing it and possibly causing breakage.

I probably will not repurchase since I believe that I can obtain similar results from other CG-friendly products for less. For example, Aubrey Organics GPB works great as a weekly protein treatment too. And it is less than $10 a bottle. SInce the ingredients are not as good as what is in AO GPB, I will probably stick with that when this bottle finally runs out. I can say it HAS lasted a long time though.

So 4 lippies - not the worst, not the best, but better than average.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great "Deep Conditioner" treatment but I just don't think this is worth the price $25.00 for a small 2 oz size. I like this stuff but am not in love with it. I'd have to hit the lottery to consider shelling out for this treatment monthly.