October 20, 2014 | 2002 users online

Makeup Brushes - Prescriptives - Soft Shadow Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by JLeroux

Great brush. I've had this for brush for 15 years and it looks almost brand new. Doesn't shed or splay at all and feels very soft. It's a relatively large eye brush, so it tends to do best at less detailed eyeshadow application.

Overall: Great brush!
Value: Great value, as this brush will last you a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by louy

The brush is aptly named. It applies eyeshadow softly, evenly and effortlessly. Its large enough that eye shadow can be applied from lid to brow quickly. A really good brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by LindseyZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush earlier this year (winter? spring?) during Prescriptives' F&F sale because all the reviews were so positive. I was looking for a brush to apply a wash of color across my whole lid. While I have quite a collection of e/s brushes, mostly Mac, none of them are large and fluffy like this one. Yes, the brush head is large and the hair is so densely packed that it has a fluffy appearance, but I don't consider them soft. In fact, after searching for the reviews again to write mine, I dug out this brush to make sure I had the right one. The hair is dense and short and feels scratchy on my lids. I have only washed this with my Mac brush cleanser diluted with water, which is what I use on all my brushes. I'll keep this on hand until I find a suitable replacement, but I won't be buying any back-ups and I wouldn't be heartbroken if I lost this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush is like the nice boy next door you've always been in love with yet don't realize it because you think love should look a certain way. I've had this brush for years and not only is it the first and last brush I reach for when applying eyeshadow (first to apply the base shade and then to blend) but it has held up extremely well after daily use and weekly washing. I just checked prescriptives.com in case they've discontinued this brush and thankfully they haven't. This is my absolute HG eyeshadow brush and is one of two brushes that I cannot apply my makeup without. The fluffly, soft, tightly packed bristles are great for applying all over color and blending. I need to buy another one right away. At $24, it's a steal because it will last you forever.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2007 9:48:00 PM More reviews by lotusblossom2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have had this brush for almost 5 years now and still love it. I use it to blend shadows or for all over shadow. Soft, fluffy, cleans well, never sheds. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2007 4:44:00 AM More reviews by mmcgoug

Love this brush for applying all over shadow and for blending. I literally don't leave home without one. It's fluffy and soft and I've had it for 5 or 6 years now and never had an issue with hairs falling out or clumping. I clean it regularly. The handle has seen some action from me mistreating it but it's not been chipped or broken. The finish hasn't worn. It's perfect and a great investment.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2006 2:19:00 AM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my first makeup brushes! I bought this brush back in 1996 and I'm still using it almost every day. No signs of wear/tear with the bristles, though the paint has chipped off the end. This is a dense, well-cut fluffy brush that I use to do all-over washes of color. It picks up lots of pigment and can tolerate swirling and buffing without fraying. Lovely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I love this brush. A big fluffy brush for eyeshadow that isnt too fluffy so it still deposits a nice amount of color. Retails for $24 and has a grey handle. Excellent quality and one of my favorite brushes.