Prescriptives Soft Shadow Brush

4.8

on 11/20/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am not one to use brushes for my makeup. I use my fingers alot, but i have been having joint pains and need to start using brushes. After watching youtube videos and the art of blending, I bought this brush since it was on super sale, $3. I have bought other brushes as well, this is the best eye shadow brush EVER! It is very soft, it applies and blends eye shadow so beautifully. I love this brush. I wish I bought 2 at this price.

on 1/14/2013 7:20:00 PM

Great brush. I've had this for brush for 15 years and it looks almost brand new. Doesn't shed or splay at all and feels very soft. It's a relatively large eye brush, so it tends to do best at less detailed eyeshadow application.

Overall: Great brush!
Value: Great value, as this brush will last you a long time.

on 9/22/2010 4:20:00 PM

The brush is aptly named. It applies eyeshadow softly, evenly and effortlessly. Its large enough that eye shadow can be applied from lid to brow quickly. A really good brush.

on 12/21/2009 11:04:00 AM

I bought this brush earlier this year (winter? spring?) during Prescriptives' F&F sale because all the reviews were so positive. I was looking for a brush to apply a wash of color across my whole lid. While I have quite a collection of e/s brushes, mostly Mac, none of them are large and fluffy like this one. Yes, the brush head is large and the hair is so densely packed that it has a fluffy appearance, but I don't consider them soft. In fact, after searching for the reviews again to write mine, I dug out this brush to make sure I had the right one. The hair is dense and short and feels scratchy on my lids. I have only washed this with my Mac brush cleanser diluted with water, which is what I use on all my brushes. I'll keep this on hand until I find a suitable replacement, but I won't be buying any back-ups and I wouldn't be heartbroken if I lost this.

on 12/3/2007 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This brush is like the nice boy next door you've always been in love with yet don't realize it because you think love should look a certain way. I've had this brush for years and not only is it the first and last brush I reach for when applying eyeshadow (first to apply the base shade and then to blend) but it has held up extremely well after daily use and weekly washing. I just checked prescriptives.com in case they've discontinued this brush and thankfully they haven't. This is my absolute HG eyeshadow brush and is one of two brushes that I cannot apply my makeup without. The fluffly, soft, tightly packed bristles are great for applying all over color and blending. I need to buy another one right away. At $24, it's a steal because it will last you forever.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have had this brush for almost 5 years now and still love it. I use it to blend shadows or for all over shadow. Soft, fluffy, cleans well, never sheds. <3

on 2/19/2007 4:44:00 AM

Love this brush for applying all over shadow and for blending. I literally don't leave home without one. It's fluffy and soft and I've had it for 5 or 6 years now and never had an issue with hairs falling out or clumping. I clean it regularly. The handle has seen some action from me mistreating it but it's not been chipped or broken. The finish hasn't worn. It's perfect and a great investment.

on 11/8/2006 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is one of my first makeup brushes! I bought this brush back in 1996 and I'm still using it almost every day. No signs of wear/tear with the bristles, though the paint has chipped off the end. This is a dense, well-cut fluffy brush that I use to do all-over washes of color. It picks up lots of pigment and can tolerate swirling and buffing without fraying. Lovely!

on 2/15/2006 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this brush. A big fluffy brush for eyeshadow that isnt too fluffy so it still deposits a nice amount of color. Retails for $24 and has a grey handle. Excellent quality and one of my favorite brushes.

Popular Makeup Brushes