December 22, 2014 | 1743 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - Small Dome Brush 12

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a very functional crease brush for deep set eyes.

It used to take me ages to darken the deepest part of my crease; I would apply the color to my crease and the deepest part remained lighter color and then i would try to reach that area with a pencil brush (which is very stiff and too precise for the crease). Overall it used to take me 15 minutes or so just to achieve a decent shadow in the crease.

This brush is what i've been looking for.

It's like a mini blending brush; with pointy tip and spread out soft bristles. Pointy tip reaches that blind spot and the shorter hairs around the edge blurs the color for a soft smoky look. This results in a nice gradual shadow in the crease, with the intensity of color radiating from the deepest part. And it only takes me 5 minutes to achieve this!

One thing though: Although the bristles work perfectly, the brush itself doesn't look as chic as other brands. I know it's not a legit problem with the product but since it's a very expensive brush it could also look like one. It looks like one of those cheap drugstore brushes. At least the NARS logo could be embedded into the wood as opposed to painted on, i don't know. I really wish Make Up For Ever came up with this brush in its artisan line, they're sooooo beautifully designed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this little brush for a more cut crease or defined outer edge color. I also use it for the inner corners of my eye. Any time you want a smooth, blended look but have it be smaller and more concentrated, this is your brush. If you need to blend more in a certain area on your lid but don't want to touch the colors around it, this is the brush to use. It would also be great for smaller eyes/creases as other people noted. I use this brush everyday, definitely a must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by CherryBerryPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

What a amazing brush!!! This is the perfect crease/blending brush for us with smaller eyes. I don't understand why I was without it for such a long time.
The price is quite high but it's so worth it! You will get a super soft, quality brush. I now prefer this over my other favorite brush MAC 217.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by asporkin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I normally product-test a while before reviewing but this is getting written up on its first time out. As many others note, this is the perfect brush - perhaps the only brush out there - for those of us with small crease areas. It doesn't deposit color where color shouldn't be, it's cut to fit right in my seemingly-nonexistent space and it's soft enough to maneuver around. In one try, I finally got a gorgeous crease. Some have noted that it doesn't pick up enough color but for a daytime look, it was fine. And yes, it's expensive but if I add up all the other $$$ I've wasted on too-big crease brushes and compare, it's a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by billiem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

A wonderful brush! If you struggle with the mac 222 or 224 this is your answer. Truly a treasure! I was finally able to create the looks i see on TV and you tube. Nothing i found is able to dupe this brush. Amazing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

If you have smaller lids/eyes, this is your crease brush! MAC's 222 and 224 are way too large for my half-asian eyes, and would apply/blend my crease shadow all over my eye up to my brow bone. I have the LE 223 but it's too skinny for blending. This #12 brush is perfect for crease work, so I no longer look like I got socked in the eye when applying darker shadows to my small/thin crease. If you've been looking for MAC's coveted LE 226, this is a perfect replacement. It's quite expensive though at $27, and it *is* a small brush (just a tad larger than a 219). So, while I definitely will buy more, I'll wait until I can get a discount on the NARS site or have gift money/gift cards.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by anne4hoang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite wind-shield-wiping brush! I got mine on eBay for $8

I am Asian so my crease is almost non-exsistence. The Mac 224 brush is too big to get into my crease. I like the Nars #12 brush better because it is much much much smaller and is a lot more precise.

To the reviewer that wrote that this brush does not pack on color. It really isn't suppose to. It is designed as a blending brush. If you want to pack on color, then I recommend the Mac # 239 brush. Either that or you can use the side of a concealer brush to tightly pack on color. Elf makes a really good concealer brush for $1

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 7:01:00 AM More reviews by annieup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised this brush didn't get more reviews. This is a great brush for applying crease color to smaller eye lids like mine. I love detail so this brush helps me obtain precision and definition to the eye area. Very High Quality brush. I own two now and if I ever lost them, I'd definitely purchase again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 7:54:00 AM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I bought this brush, I didn't quite know what to make out of it. It's small, floppy, not very dense, and tapered to a very fine point. After ruling out the MAC #217 as a blending brush because it was not precise enough, and avoiding the NARS Small Dome (#12) due to it being not dense, I stuck to my Trish McEvoy #29, which I absolutely adore.

However, after a few weeks, I started to experiment with the #12. It's not dense, which means that you have to go over the same spot a few times more than you would have to with the McEvoy or MAC. But it is perfect for any looks that require precision, and -due to it's (lack of) density - the application and blending of very pigmented eyeshadows! Now that I know how to use this brush, I couldn't be without it. It is perfect to add details in tight places and to 'shape' your crease, depending on whether you're going for a more round or angular look.

I'm caucasian, but I'm not blessed with a huge lid space, and this is a great brush to maneuver around the smallest spots. If you still struggle to blend eye shadows despite owning the much-hyped MAC brushes, give this one a go!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

This is an amazing brush! after reading Scott Barnes' About Face, I noticed in many of the pics that he had a small tapered brush used for a really defined socket and crease line. Searching high and low, i finally found this brush...and its price, $85!!!!!!! There was no way I could afford a brush for $85 and no way I would spend that much, just on principle! BUT ebay saved the day, and I got it from Britain for $35. I just love it, it makes doing a socket line/crease line sooooo easy. The quality is great, and I can't do makeup without it. So if people can find it for a more affordable price than here is Aus, I would definately recommend it. I don't think there is a dupe that is as good on the market, and if there is, I would love to know about it