Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Blush

4.5

Not tested on animals

(((RATED 2 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients: Mica (CI 77019); Boron Nitride; Dimethicone; Pinus Strobus (Pine) Bark Extract; Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891); Iron Oxides(CI 77489; CI 77491; CI 77492; CI 77499); Carmine (CI 75470); Manganese Violet (CI 77742); Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Great cruelty-free brand. I have this in Awake - a lovely soft pink/peach colour, with no plans to change. Goes on very lightly and blends beautifully with fair skin.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

For reference: light to medium skin tone, neutral to warm , combination, normal to dry cheeks, slightly oily t zone, sensitive, broken capillaries on cheeks. Approximately nc/nw25

This product is very pigmented, so a light hand or knocking off access from your brush is a must. I bought the color sheer honey. It's bronze-brick color although it didn't look red on me. I was a little worried at first when the esthetician at the salon showed me. I already use a bronzer and figured why do I need this. However it added a flush of warm color to my cheeks without looking muddy.

Certain pink blushes accentuate my broken capillaries if they are showing through. So a color like this is perfect.

I would repurchase.

I used Barely Rose, and I can say it is the best blush I have ever used, topping Naked Flushed and Nars. The pigmentation is perfect harmony of color and smallest breath of sparkle, and gives the best natural blushing look ever. It's the one product in my makeup drawer I positively couldn't replace with any other.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have this in the shade Copper Wind. Love it A LOT!!! It is a natural, light peachy--copper colour. Very subtle and clean. I like the formulation too - fine and blendable. Very, very wearable. There is really so much to like about this product, except:
a) There is too little product. I ordered this online, and when I received it I thought I was sent a sample size by mistake. That is the actual size though, as I would find out. It's so small, the diameter is like the size of a 2 euro coin! Good product but feels like a rip-off.
b) The packaging is not the best to work with. Because it is too small as it is, product on the brush tend to 'overspill' (my brush just about fits the diameter of this blush). It also has no mirror, like some other high-end blushes do, which could be handy for travelling. Lastly, the plastic cover looks so cheap. I otherwise would not mind these details, but for the price, I think they could really have done better.

Will I buy again? Maybe not, if I find a similar shade on a different brand. (But yes, if they adjust the size/packaging). I really like this shade, and I like it even more than the Dior Rosy Glow I have given 5 lippies for. I just think it is let down on some aspects as explained above.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This has been my ONLY blush for a few years. I use the color "Cheekie," which is a lovely cool pink that looks very natural. (FYI the website lists Cheekie as "warm" which it is not. It could, however, probably be worn on many skin types). Just looked at the selection again recently at the local beauty store and virtually all the Jane Iredale blush colors looked super natural and versatile. I ended up recently buying "Dubonnet" (a tawny pink) to try out as sort of a bronzer -- most bronzers look too orange on my pale cool-toned skin. I LOVE the small clam-shell case -- so easy to use and pack for travel! The color is very pigmented so a little goes a long way. One container lasts me many months with daily use. I'm of the opinion that there is really only one "best" blush color for your skin, so I don't understand all those "blush palettes" out there. Better to spend money on the perfect one you'll use, rather than four or five you won't. You will very likely your best natural color in this line. It is expensive, but well worth it. PROS: natural-looking colors; highly pigmented; easy flawless application; adorable small handy case for travel. CONS: Price (around $27); availability (only at certain beauty stores and online). Will definitely continue to use this product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought two colours: sheer honey and mocha. I agree with other reviewers: this blush is very concentrated, and you only need to just press your brush into the pan to get sufficient colour. However, I disagree with comments about the colours. They look fabulous, both on the site and in person, but for me, I found them disappointing. Mocha is actually a pink (definitely misnamed!), described as soft pink brown. I found it quite pink, more so than the photos indicate, albeit a dark pink not a bubblegum pink. It is quite subtle though (as long as you don't pick up too much in your brush). Pink is not the colour I wanted, I was after more of a neutral pinky-brown. But my biggest disappointment is sheer honey. Described as a neutral beige, I actually find it is almost a brick colour on me, although it is quite sheer. Most people seem to love this, but one reviewer did say it was russet, and I would agree - if only I had taken notice and saved my money - and others are using it as a bronzer. It may be that it changes colour on my skin, but even on the back of my hand the colour looks slightly rusty. With medium skin with an olive undertone, I find brick colours make my skin look muddy. Perhaps those who love it have a different skin tone that it suits, but if would not recommend it for medium- tone brunettes. I also found the texture of both blushes too heavy, I prefer a lighter powder, that gives a fresher look. It almost seems talc-like to me. I'm now using a bare minerals pressed blush which is much lighter and smoother, and I won't be trying any of the other blush colours.

I love this blush! I was on the search for a blush that does not contain any harsh ingredients- trust me it was very hard to find at Sephora. I so wanted to use NARS blushes, love their colors and payoffs, but skin is not tolerant.

So I searched online and came across Jane Iredale's blushes. I had seen this line at ther dermatologist and figured I would give it a try after reading the ingredient list.

I bought the color awake, which is a very pale pink- I love it. I wear it daily and look young and flushed. It blends so well and lasts all day. I want to try more blush colors.

Like another reviewer said- the packagins is quite small, but a little goes a long way. I use my real techniques stippling blush and it fits perfectly inside the containeer

Ok...this is my first review after reading this site for years. I recently ordered Copper Wind from skinstore and received the blush yesterday. It's a beautiful blush as others have mentioned and blends nice and smooth. But...can I just say... This is the tiniest blush ever!! I thought it was a sample when I first opened the package! For $27 usd I expected at minimum a regular sized full size product!! I had heard a lot of good things about Jane Iredale and this is my first product but for the price I can't say I'd buy anything else from them. Still...beautiful color just too pricey for how little you get.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this blush and use it everyday, despite having an assortment of lovely, quality blushes in my makeup collection to choose from. For now I have this blush in 2 colors: Mocha and Awake. Mocha is kinda of a brownish-pink that I think would really work on any skin tone. In pan, it looks like it could be dull or too dark, but it translates to the skin beautifully and it's great for day or night wear. Awake is a really clean pink shade that is quite lovely and perfectly named in my opinion. I love it especially for day wear and feel like it makes my face looks alive, young and fresh. There are quite a few shades to choose from and I definitely plan to get many more colors because this blush is incredible. Cheekie, Barely Rose, In Love and Whisper are other colors I've tried on that I plan on purchasing in the future as well.. Honestly, I'd purchase every color if my budget would allow it. It's so high quality and the ingredients are sensitive skin friendly (actually skin-friendly in general) which is an added bonus for me because I don't have to worry about irritation or breakouts. They are talc-free, contain no perfumes or chemical dyes and formulated with nourishing minerals. I don't know how this woman created such incredible products using the RIGHT minerals and hypoallergenic/noncomedogenic, natural ingredients, but I raise a glass to her! She proves that you don't need harsh irritants and chemicals to create smooth, silky, highly pigmented blushes. These glide on like a dream and have great color pay off, without giving you clown cheeks if you accidentally use a heavy hand. I personally love how natural these apply. They are very pigmented, but in such a perfect way, that they are very easy to apply. They are very blendable, very build able and have GREAT longevity! I work in a very harsh environment and many of my HE blushes cannot stand up to the elements at work and Jane's stand the test of time.. Sweat, blotting and even powder touch ups! One thing I never have to reapply or touch up is my blush! Having that security during my day is an amazing thing, especially in a more naturally made makeup. You just have to see these on to believe it.. It's hard to describe how they apply so naturally, yet still obviously have amazing pigmentation and work just as well when you're wanting a more dramatic face for an evening out. To make a long story short, they are just perfect and I cannot recommend them enough. Not only for their beauty, but for the benefits for your skin's health as well. Also, I recommend that you purchase Jane Iredale's fan brush as well! It's honestly a match made in heaven with these blushes!! It's the perfect size, and made with natural goat hair which handles and distributes the minerals perfectly over my cheeks and makes applying the blush a breeze. I seriously don't even need to use a mirror. I'll do a proper review for the fan brush soon, but I HIGHLY recommend that anyone looking to purchase these blushes also get the white fan brush. I know these products are a little pricey, but I've had my blushes for over six months now and I've barely made a dent! They last forever and so does the brush if you take care of it. Besides, for me, you can't put a price on quality, beauty, and the peace of mind that I get from knowing that I'm not putting horrible chemicals on my face everyday. I don't regret spending the money on Jane Iredale products for a minute, and neither will you! 😀

The only blush I wear. Doesn't contain talc, that's why I bought it in the first place because it's so hard to found a blush that doesnt't contain talc. I tried Whisper, Cotton Candy, Tawny and Barely Rose. So far I found Whisper to be closest to an ideal match for my fair, yellow based skin. I enjoy wearing something so non-comedogenic.

Top Rated Jane Iredale Products