July 31, 2014 | 1940 users online

Blush - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Blush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by christenzimm

I love this blush! I was on the search for a blush that does not contain any harsh ingredients- trust me it was very hard to find at Sephora. I so wanted to use NARS blushes, love their colors and payoffs, but skin is not tolerant.

So I searched online and came across Jane Iredale's blushes. I had seen this line at ther dermatologist and figured I would give it a try after reading the ingredient list.

I bought the color awake, which is a very pale pink- I love it. I wear it daily and look young and flushed. It blends so well and lasts all day. I want to try more blush colors.

Like another reviewer said- the packagins is quite small, but a little goes a long way. I use my real techniques stippling blush and it fits perfectly inside the containeer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by cdngrl322

Ok...this is my first review after reading this site for years. I recently ordered Copper Wind from skinstore and received the blush yesterday. It's a beautiful blush as others have mentioned and blends nice and smooth. But...can I just say... This is the tiniest blush ever!! I thought it was a sample when I first opened the package! For $27 usd I expected at minimum a regular sized full size product!! I had heard a lot of good things about Jane Iredale and this is my first product but for the price I can't say I'd buy anything else from them. Still...beautiful color just too pricey for how little you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this blush and use it everyday, despite having an assortment of lovely, quality blushes in my makeup collection to choose from. For now I have this blush in 2 colors: Mocha and Awake. Mocha is kinda of a brownish-pink that I think would really work on any skin tone. In pan, it looks like it could be dull or too dark, but it translates to the skin beautifully and it's great for day or night wear. Awake is a really clean pink shade that is quite lovely and perfectly named in my opinion. I love it especially for day wear and feel like it makes my face looks alive, young and fresh. There are quite a few shades to choose from and I definitely plan to get many more colors because this blush is incredible. Cheekie, Barely Rose, In Love and Whisper are other colors I've tried on that I plan on purchasing in the future as well.. Honestly, I'd purchase every color if my budget would allow it. It's so high quality and the ingredients are sensitive skin friendly (actually skin-friendly in general) which is an added bonus for me because I don't have to worry about irritation or breakouts. They are talc-free, contain no perfumes or chemical dyes and formulated with nourishing minerals. I don't know how this woman created such incredible products using the RIGHT minerals and hypoallergenic/noncomedogenic, natural ingredients, but I raise a glass to her! She proves that you don't need harsh irritants and chemicals to create smooth, silky, highly pigmented blushes. These glide on like a dream and have great color pay off, without giving you clown cheeks if you accidentally use a heavy hand. I personally love how natural these apply. They are very pigmented, but in such a perfect way, that they are very easy to apply. They are very blendable, very build able and have GREAT longevity! I work in a very harsh environment and many of my HE blushes cannot stand up to the elements at work and Jane's stand the test of time.. Sweat, blotting and even powder touch ups! One thing I never have to reapply or touch up is my blush! Having that security during my day is an amazing thing, especially in a more naturally made makeup. You just have to see these on to believe it.. It's hard to describe how they apply so naturally, yet still obviously have amazing pigmentation and work just as well when you're wanting a more dramatic face for an evening out. To make a long story short, they are just perfect and I cannot recommend them enough. Not only for their beauty, but for the benefits for your skin's health as well. Also, I recommend that you purchase Jane Iredale's fan brush as well! It's honestly a match made in heaven with these blushes!! It's the perfect size, and made with natural goat hair which handles and distributes the minerals perfectly over my cheeks and makes applying the blush a breeze. I seriously don't even need to use a mirror. I'll do a proper review for the fan brush soon, but I HIGHLY recommend that anyone looking to purchase these blushes also get the white fan brush. I know these products are a little pricey, but I've had my blushes for over six months now and I've barely made a dent! They last forever and so does the brush if you take care of it. Besides, for me, you can't put a price on quality, beauty, and the peace of mind that I get from knowing that I'm not putting horrible chemicals on my face everyday. I don't regret spending the money on Jane Iredale products for a minute, and neither will you! 😀

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Petra345

The only blush I wear. Doesn't contain talc, that's why I bought it in the first place because it's so hard to found a blush that doesnt't contain talc. I tried Whisper, Cotton Candy, Tawny and Barely Rose. So far I found Whisper to be closest to an ideal match for my fair, yellow based skin. I enjoy wearing something so non-comedogenic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Janette4

Pros:
Pretty color
Applies easily and evenly
Stays on long

Cons:
Price

The only complaint I ever have about Jane Iredale is the price. Other than that I love this blush. It matches my skin tone and goes well with the Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base that I have. The exact one I have is the Sheer Honey. I highly recommend Jade Iredale.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by myblackdog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sheer Honey - just started using, and this is one of those blushes I will use daily. The quality of these blushes are superb. Somehow, they are the easiest to apply as lightly as wanted, and to layer. Sheer Honey has a sheer russet quality on - a healthy glow look. I am 65, with light warm skin, and have to be very careful to achieve a natural look.

I had once used up a Jane Iredale blush in the pinky- wine Dubonnet shade - it looked as if it should be too cool, but also blended into the skin naturally. My only problem - these are expensive blushes! But if you find your shade, you won't be throwing them out a couple of years down the road because you never wore them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall this is the only Jane Iredale product I am not really sold on so far. I purchased it in Tawny. It did not irritate my skin or cause breakouts, but it also did not have much color payoff. I could apply a lot and it really didn't look any different from just powder even though I am really fair. I may try it in another color in the future since I may have just needed a darker color or maybe just got a bad batch.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this is golden apricot. The color has more pinkish warm tone in it than you may expect. Not quite as golden as i expected, but still a nice warm orange-pink shade. It is very pigmented which is nice, but tends to break or flake when used, which is frustrating. I like the natural ingredients instead of chemicals, so it may be worth it. One last negative is the frosted cover. It looks cheap. I wish it was a standard cleat plastic cover.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have this blush in flushed and I love it!
It's a presed blush so it's not as messy as loose mineral powder blushes and the application is quick and easy.

These blushes look natural on the skin and don't make you look like a clown. Another pro is that they last for hours. I like the fact that these blushes are mineral because I think mineral make up is better for the skin. Escpecially if you have problems with oilyness and breakouts like me.

I have to take one lippie of for the price again but as soon as I can afford it I will buy this blush in another colour as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by katiekieran

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only blush that doesn't break me out. I used NARS for years, never realizing that it was one of the main culprits behind my skin issues. Since I've switched to this one, my skin has remained clear and smooth. This alone makes it well worth the cost.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No