September 20, 2014 | 831 users online

Concealers - Almay - line smoothing concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Misstakahara

I thought this product was no look. It wasn't a good coverage for blemish or under eye circle. I thought it was to light to work with. It was almost like putting nothing on.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by ArtemisBSG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product and have been using it faithfully for about 12+ years. It's not too heavy and stays put. Once it's on though, no touchups unless you completely remove it and start again.

This is essentially the same formula as their Amazing Lasting line, which I think is now officially gone. It took me a while to figure out the best way to use it, but if you just dot, dot, dot under eyes, then blend a little with your fingers - then, wait a second or two for it to start to dry. Then, take a makeup/concealer brush and blend, blend, blend and voila.

Of course that is my experience, but it works. The key is to find the best way for you to blend it in. I have really horrible dark purple circles - no puffiness, thankfully, but I've looked like i've been in a bar fight since I was about 2! it comes off easily with any brand of makeup remover wipes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticluv18

What's with all the bad reviews? Hahah. I picked up this concealer today at Big Lots for THREE DOLLARS!! And let me tell you, my dark circles are bad. Really purple and blue-ish. Looks like I have black eyes almost. I was loving my Revlon Colorstay concealer, but had to try this one. When I got home, I applied this and it looked flawless! Here's a tip to make use of this concealer if you don't like it and want it to look WAY better: use a makeup sponge an dap the concealer on. Or, use a concealer brush! Way better results in my opinion :) overall, this concealer is like my new bestfriend and I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by gagaglam03

Completely wasted my money on this. Does not cover blemishes or dark circles, but makes them worse

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this at my drugstore for 5.50 and along with a $2 coupon, I paid 3.50 for it. I was looking for a liquid concealer since my cream ones looked cakey on me. Anyways, like many others have said, it's more of a concealer that doesn't enhance lines, not that smoothes them. It feels like it has a little but of silicone in it (the stuff in a lot of face primers). I like it for under my eyes because it's a super light concealer, and it brightens. I bought this in the light/fair shade, and I'm an NW25 and it brightens for me. However, I think it might be a little dark for you if you're super fair. It also pulls a little pink on my hand, but isn't a big problem on my face, esp. under my eyes. The price is a little ridiculous though, I think the regular price is $10 which is expensive. I probably wouldn't buy it for that price.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by sarahdvy

I bought this because i loved the almay clear complexion concealer, so i had high hopes for this one. Unfortunately, this one just didnt do it for me. Even though the color was spot on, the coverage was that of a light to medium coverage foundation. I think it would need to have a much thicker consistency to be effective, it seemed almost watered down. I also didnt notice any significant 'line smoothing'. (although it didnt crease, maybe thats what they meant by line smoothing?) Either way, i'll be trying a different concealer next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by JulesJohnson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A pretty basic lightweight concealer at a decent DS price. Nice smooth texture makes it very easy to apply and the staying power is not bad either. It does settle into my fine lines a bit but nothing too ghastly and it's hard to find a concealer at any price that won't do that. I use the wand to dot the product where I need it (after I apply BB cream) and then use a finger to gently pat it into my skin. I find this works much better at concealing red tones like blemishes and broken capillaries rather than blue tones such as under the eye area. For dark circles around the eye this stuff is just too light. Probably wouldn't repurchase unless it was on for a bargain price.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by beingfollowed

Interesting to see the mixed reviews of this concealer. I picked it up because I've been trying to find an undereye concealer that doesn't get stuck in the lines under my eyes or accentuate dryness. I'm 29 and this is an increasing issue for me. I recently tried the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer and was so disappointed at how drying and awful it was for fine lines. I decided to pick this one up because I have this perception that Almay caters for slightly older skin so I thought they would know what they were doing when it comes to fine lines. Overall I would say this isn't a bad concealer. It doesn't accentuate fine lines or undereye dryness (though it doesn't completely mask these things either). It lasts pretty well and gives a good level of coverage. I will repurchase if I don't find something else better.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by historismus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's okay, it's not terrible. I've found that it takes a little extra effort to blend completely, and it can emphasize dry patches. I also wish there was a lighter shade.

The best thing about this concealer is the SPF, and so I'm grateful that I had it this summer. However, I don't think I'll be purchasing this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by francoise151

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh my god, this is awful. I'm 43 and I barely have any lines. This is supposed to be line-smoothing - ha! This concealer settles into the tiny lines that I have, creating what looks like a tiny flesh-colored river. I am not kidding. I may try it for facial spots only, but I'm not holding out any hope. The only good thing I have to say about it is that the color is OK.