Almay line smoothing concealer

3.4

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (8.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (water, eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Tribehenin, Nylon 12, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, SD Alcohol 40B, Magnesium Sulfate, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Saccharide Isomerate, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Extract (jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Caffeine, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (green tea), Hydrogenated Lecithin, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Sorbitol, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Extract, Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (grape), Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (cucumber), Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin, Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Silica, Polyethylene, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Serica (Silk Powder), Erythrulose, Riboflavin, Punica Granatum Extract, Triethanolamine, Alumina, Isostearic Acid, Talc, Methicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891)

on 5/1/2015 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the only concealer that works for me so far. Medium coverage. Very easy to spread. Conceals my acne scares. Dust a litter powder over it and it will last about 5-7 hours in a normal working day. However it does not smooth any lines.

on 11/23/2014 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I've played around with this concealer for a long time before finding the best way to apply it. Used by itself, Almay Line Smoothing only earns 2.5 lippies. Once I incorporate it into my under eye routine, its score bumps up to 4 lippies. I averaged both scores and gave it a solid 3.

A drawback is that this concealer offers only minimal coverage because the product is quite thin. A plus is that the thin product makes it less likely to crease. Reviewers who experience under eye creasing may be using several applications in an attempt to build up the coverage. When I need more than minimal coverage I apply another pot or stick type concealer and follow up with a very light application (just a few small dots) of the Almay Line Smoothing Concealer to subtly brighten the under eye area. I take a miniscule amount into the tear duct area and all the way up to the lower lash line. Then I set my eye area with e.l.f. Studio High Definition Undereye Setting Powder. I never have creasing when using this 3 step approach, and I find that my under eye circles stay concealed all day.

All in all, this is a finicky product and while marketed to a mature audience, it actually seems it will work best on firm, unlined skin.

on 11/7/2014 10:06:00 PM

This is an excellent concealer for under the eyes and is also nice for spots as well. It is easy to apply and blend,not settling in lines or looking caked. The only reason I don't give it a 5 is that it only lasts for 5 hours but touching up is easy. Gentle to the skin and not drying.
The thing about Almay is their product range is so limited. When they were an independent company before Revlon purchased them back in the late 80's ,they used to have a whole range of products from concealers to lip color. Now it seems they only have concealers,foundations,eye products and makeup removers. Other than their lip balms, I haven't seen them come out with any lip colors in years. Or nail polish. It isn't like it used to be and that is sad for us sensitive skinned individuals who used to have a cosmetics company just for our needs.

on 10/7/2014 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought two of these on sale and am finally using them up. My shade is Light 100 and I use it as an undereye concealer/brightener. It went on fairly smoothly, although I always add just a bit of extra silicone based primer to my undereye concealer to help it blend out better. It concealed okay. I didn't notice any more line smoothing than with regular concealers. It was okay. I feel Maybelline Fit Me is a better pick for me or my MAC Pro Longwear.

on 8/14/2013 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought this product was no look. It wasn't a good coverage for blemish or under eye circle. I thought it was to light to work with. It was almost like putting nothing on.

on 7/31/2013 11:58:00 PM

I like this product and have been using it faithfully for about 12+ years. It's not too heavy and stays put. Once it's on though, no touchups unless you completely remove it and start again.

This is essentially the same formula as their Amazing Lasting line, which I think is now officially gone. It took me a while to figure out the best way to use it, but if you just dot, dot, dot under eyes, then blend a little with your fingers - then, wait a second or two for it to start to dry. Then, take a makeup/concealer brush and blend, blend, blend and voila.

Of course that is my experience, but it works. The key is to find the best way for you to blend it in. I have really horrible dark purple circles - no puffiness, thankfully, but I've looked like i've been in a bar fight since I was about 2! it comes off easily with any brand of makeup remover wipes.

What's with all the bad reviews? Hahah. I picked up this concealer today at Big Lots for THREE DOLLARS!! And let me tell you, my dark circles are bad. Really purple and blue-ish. Looks like I have black eyes almost. I was loving my Revlon Colorstay concealer, but had to try this one. When I got home, I applied this and it looked flawless! Here's a tip to make use of this concealer if you don't like it and want it to look WAY better: use a makeup sponge an dap the concealer on. Or, use a concealer brush! Way better results in my opinion :) overall, this concealer is like my new bestfriend and I love it.

on 7/12/2013 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Completely wasted my money on this. Does not cover blemishes or dark circles, but makes them worse

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I found this at my drugstore for 5.50 and along with a $2 coupon, I paid 3.50 for it. I was looking for a liquid concealer since my cream ones looked cakey on me. Anyways, like many others have said, it's more of a concealer that doesn't enhance lines, not that smoothes them. It feels like it has a little but of silicone in it (the stuff in a lot of face primers). I like it for under my eyes because it's a super light concealer, and it brightens. I bought this in the light/fair shade, and I'm an NW25 and it brightens for me. However, I think it might be a little dark for you if you're super fair. It also pulls a little pink on my hand, but isn't a big problem on my face, esp. under my eyes. The price is a little ridiculous though, I think the regular price is $10 which is expensive. I probably wouldn't buy it for that price.

on 4/15/2013 2:47:00 AM

I bought this because i loved the almay clear complexion concealer, so i had high hopes for this one. Unfortunately, this one just didnt do it for me. Even though the color was spot on, the coverage was that of a light to medium coverage foundation. I think it would need to have a much thicker consistency to be effective, it seemed almost watered down. I also didnt notice any significant 'line smoothing'. (although it didnt crease, maybe thats what they meant by line smoothing?) Either way, i'll be trying a different concealer next time.