September 23, 2014 | 1782 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by 16chances

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My review is for the Edge Meister. This is the ultimate mascara for short sparse lashes.
If you want natural looking longer lashes, just apply this mascara solely but only for a layer or two as it does have a tendency to clump. Good thing about this mascara is that it holds the curl of eyelashes curled by an eyelash curler, unlike other mascaras that tend to flatten the curled lashes.
For extra volume, add a coat of a volumizing mascara on top of this mascara as this mascara does not give excellent dramatic volume to your lashes. This is a trick I learned from StyleSuzi from YouTube and it works like a charm. For most days, I find that just coating my lashes with this mascara is enough as I opt for a more natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by clarissaaa

I love this mascara. this is definitely my HG. I have short and straight lashes to begin with so lengthening and waterproof mascara is a big must for me. I bought this because i've heard sooo many good reviews about it so I bought it and I fell in love with this mascara.

First, It lengthens my lashes like no other, I don't even have to use falsies. It contains fibers in it so when you apply this mascara the fibers will stick to your lashes and make them super long that sometimes my lashes can reach my brow. It's not super volumizing though, but i don't really care since I'm just fine with only long lashes.

Second, the formula of this mascara is just like the best. It's super waterproof and smudge proof! I never ever get pandas eyes whenever I use this mascara (and i do have oily lids and i also rub my eyes so much) It also holds the curl like no other. My lashes always still look amazing and perfectly curl and long at the end of the day. The mascara is not super wet too which is great because wet mascaras tend to weight down the lashes and uncurl them (like fiberwig), but it's not super thick that it clumps your lashes.

Third, the brush of this mascara is really nice. It's not too big so it doesn't get into everywhere when you apply you mascara. It is really easy to apply on the bottom lashes too. The brush itself has like 2 parts. Both look like a comb but the other one is neater. So you're supposed to use the straight comb-like brush first to get the product to your lashes and then use the curved neater brush to really separate the lashes. I like the idea of the brush so much. It makes your lashes super super long without makes them clump. The brush also allows you to get every single lashes and also add more lengths to the end of the lashes.

Fourth, the packaging of this mascara is super gorgeous. It looks super expensive and luxurious. It also has the right size so you always can put in on your purse. Although the packaging is super nice, it's super affordable. It's around 20$, maybe it's not super cheap but the other top mascaras (such as dior, ysl, lancome) cost super super expensive and plus you can use this mascara like forever. I have mine over maybe 2 years (I don't use it everyday though) now and it's still pretty good although it starts to get easily clumpy( and yes i'm about to buy another one now).

The only bad side of this mascara is it takes FOREVER to remove. You have to use a really strong eye makeup remover to take this off unless it won't budge. To remove it, I usually soak my cotton pad with eye makeup remover and then place it on my eyes for 15-20 seconds and then rub it a bit (I know i'm supposed to remove my eye makeup very gently but this mascara is a bad girl) until the mascara comes off and then remove the leftover mascara with my sherbet type cleanser (banilla co clean it zero, this stuff is AMAZING, i also use this to remove my base makeup) and then wash it off.

Seriously, give this mascara a try, you will fall hard!!:):)~

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by leilei465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I keep coming back to this mascara time and time again. I use mostly luxury brand mascaras, but being from Shiseido's affordable line, I think this one can stand next to the rest of them. It's very waterproof which works wonders for my thin, straight, and naturally downward pointing lashes. It adds an amazing amount of length and volumes well. This is very affordable for the results you can achieve. Highly recommend. It's one of my favorites despite not being as easily accessible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by shi1

This is the review for the Lash Expander Edge Meister. This is my first foray into Majolica Majorca mascaras. I have thin, short, sparse, straight asian lashes.

It has a plastic paddle type applicator. One side is flat, and the other side is curved. There are grooves on both side to apply the mascara. Its definitely a bit tricky to use this applicator if you're used to a regular bristle brush, or even the ones with plastic bristles. I find it a bit tricky to apply especially to the corner lashes. It can clump somes lashes together, so it takes a bit of time to brush out the lashes and to get the fibers where you want them. I definitely find the fibers are long and so it can be quite lengthening. It also holds a curl all day long and is waterproof and smudgeproof. It isn't very volumizing but you can layer on another volumizing mascara after this has dried.

I got this off ebay for 16$ which to me is a reasonable price. Packaging is nice. I particularly like the cap which has a little engraved gold decoration.

The one con about this is that it flakes. I will see the odd fiber on my cheek during the day every so often which I didn't notice with my Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl mascara (which I also recommend).

I don't have trouble removing this mascara as others have expressed. Currently I'm using a Shu Uemura cleansing oil and it comes right off. I apply it with a mascara remover so that it really gets between the lashes. You can make your own mascara remover by taking an old tube of mascara and cleaning it out and filing it up with an oil cleanser.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by coralika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best mascara for short lashes that just don't want to hold a curl. I've been using this mascara for as long as I can remember (more than 10 years I believe). I buy so many mascaras on a regular basis, but I always go back to this one because nothing else is comparable. I must have repurchased dozens of these. I've also recommended this mascara to my friends, who have also loved it as much as I have.

The mascara wand is a comb-like brush, so it really coats each of my lashes completely. It lengthens them with tiny little fibers, but doesn't do much in terms of volume. If you try to layer it too much, it can become quite clumpy. I usually apply at most 2 layers. I have also found that the tiny fibers sometimes come off and get stuck in my eye or on my face. It is a fairly dry formula, which means that it doesn't weigh down my lashes and they stay curled all day. It is very waterproof (I've showered with this mascara on and it doesn't budge), so make sure you have a good waterproof makeup remover. .

Finally, the price. Unless you live in Asia, this mascara is going to be very expensive. I buy a ton of these every time I go to Hong Kong, and I believe they're about $15 usd there, which is pretty reasonable for a higher end mascara. There are tons of sellers online, but I really wouldn't trust them unless you're buying from a retailer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Julianus

I find this mascara fulfilling it's lengthening claims, but not by much.
Not a big fan of the comb-like brush, or maybe just the formula that annoys me, which did not give any volume...maybe I'm asking too much from a lengthening mascara?
Not a big pain to remove if you have Kose Softymo eye makeup remover + Kiss me mascara removal gel. must have both though.
Disappointing curling effects, i have very soft lashes and i dont find this curling at all, even when i use an electric heated lash curler, the mascara fails to keep the shape in place. Fairy drop mascara does a good job in keeping curls, but it's dry and flaky looking + low pigmentation.
Not my holy grail.
It's kinda ok in terms of price though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I read a blogger's review on this and she said she liked it after it had been open for a month or two because it is such a watery formula. She was right! I hated it the first few times I used it. It didn't do anything great for me. I put it aside and after a few months I tried it again and actually liked it. It held my curl better than other mascaras and added volume and length. It doesn't smudge at all. The holding power is better than. waterproof as you cannot even get this off with an oil cleanser! Yikes! I read that you can use conditioner to help remove it and that works. I use it occasionally but not too often because of the work involved with removal. I don't like tugging on my eye area too much to remove eye products. I won't repurchase again. It isn't easy to get this product anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by plushiesexual

Very wet formula, does lengthen lashes by adding these interesting fibers attached to the wand. But cannot volumize, clumps A LOT, and ends up with a very thick and obvious look. Will use but not purchase again.
The packaging is very nice but the product is overpriced. Since the reviews all looked positive, overall disappointed. Would advise against buying it.
For reference, I have short Asian eyelashes that are best suited for thick volumizing mascara wands.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatexxCandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the wand in this mascara! It's very different from what I've ever tried honestly. I also love the fact that it is extremely black and glossy. The thing is it doesn't volumize at all so usually I have to pair it up with another volumizing mascara to get the best results (like... CoverGirl Fusion, Smashbox Full Exposure, etc.). Also, it has amazing staying power. I walked in the rain all day with it on and no smudging, flaking, nothing! But this also means it's super hard to remove (I haven't heard of anyone saying this...) even with makeup remover, it takes at least 10 minutes for me to fully remove it from one eye, plus a few eyelashes... So I try not to use it too often. But if I go to a beach or something and I want something on my lashes (for some odd reason) I would apply a little bit of this. I would probably repurchase though, once I find a makeup remover that can defeat this! If I can find it that is....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 5:25:00 AM More reviews by yuenloklok

My HG mascara. I know it's HG when I keep going back to it after using Fiberwig, lashblast, dollywink.

It has crazy lengthening power but is not volumising. Works for me since I already have lots of lashes. Might not work for girls with sparse lashes because it can give the spider-leg look.

The only problem is that it's hard to remove. However, I have baby oil for that!